All Things Citrus Bowl/Orlando Travel Tips, Plans, Hotels, Tickets, Actities and More

Both ALoft and bohemian are sold out! I'm staying at Florida Hotel and Convention Center, high guest ratings and 4 stars. Cheap $158/night and it's only 5 minutes drive to the Stadium.

All the flights to Orlando Jumped as soon as the Teams were announced......I was watching them the week prior to Orlando, Tampa, Ft Meyers and all nearly doubled from MSP as soon as the Gophers were announced. Don't think the AirLines aren't pushing that price up just because its Holiday time.

my wife and I are stoked that this game is here. We were season ticket holders until my work decided to move me to the Tampa area last year. We managed to get back for a few games both years but not the same as every weekend and posting ourselves in the corner of lot 37.

We can't wait. Where is everyone else tailgating we have a spot in lot 9

All the flights to Orlando Jumped as soon as the Teams were announced......I was watching them the week prior to Orlando, Tampa, Ft Meyers and all nearly doubled from MSP as soon as the Gophers were announced. Don't think the AirLines aren't pushing that price up just because its Holiday time.

Don't say you're lying, but I want proof. I've been looking for two weeks and the prices have been roughly the same.

You could take a look at flying out of Rochester and see if there are any better deals. I once found a cheaper flight out of Rochester, but I had to pay to park my car, so it was a wash. But it might be an option.

Don't say you're lying, but I want proof. I've been looking for two weeks and the prices have been roughly the same.

Don't have proof, but I can back that up. We had priced out flights to Orlando, Tampa, and San Diego before the bowl announcement, and Orlando tickets jumped up at least $200 when the announcement was made.

Any good ideas on stadium parking?

Plenty of parking passes available here, and through the bowl site. Sounds like from other posts you want to get as close to the stadium as possible, and the bowl site only has parking south of the expressway on sale right now, so Vivid Seats (or Stubhub) might be the best option to get close.

lotmap.png

Plenty of parking passes available here, and through the bowl site. Sounds like from other posts you want to get as close to the stadium as possible.

lotmap.png

Went to the Bowl Site last night and purchased a permit for Lot M for $32 bucks. GoogleMapped the walk and it's pretty straightforward. Tailgating is possible but no alcohol...if that's important :) ...and I understand that traffic can be pretty bad. We're planning on getting there pretty early to hopefully limit the traffic part at least coming in.

Good luck.

Here are the tailgating policies; says nothing about no alcohol. Where'd you get your info?

There will be ONE first-come, first-served public cash lot at Jones High School on game day (capacity 600), but no other public lots have availability.Please note that tailgating is not permitted on Jones High School property.

Tailgating Policies
Parking spaces are for vehicles only
Tailgating items must be confined to a small area in front of or behind your vehicle.
No tents! Guests who take over any additional parking spaces to tailgate will be asked to clear out of those spaces.
NO glass containers, beer kegs or open fires.
Fire extinguishing material is required when grilling.
No couches or indoor furniture.
RVs will be given enough space for awning on one side of vehicle only.
Dumping hot coals in the lot or trash receptacles is prohibited
Please refrain from ball of Frisbee throwing in open lots until lot is completely parked
Cars, tables, chairs, barbeque grills must be confined to one stall
There should not be empty stalls between cars and tailgaters should not expect to occupy empty stalls near their party.

Booked my flight last night for about $310 round trip.

American Airlines 12-31-14

Depart MSP 1:50 PM

Arrive DFW 4:25 PM

American Airlines Flight 12-31-14

Depart DFW 5:40 PM

Arrive MCO 9:05 PM

Sun Country Flight 1-5-14

Depart RSW 9:15 PM

Arrive MSP 11:50 PM

We will be tailgating in lot 9 too.

my wife and I are stoked that this game is here. We were season ticket holders until my work decided to move me to the Tampa area last year. We managed to get back for a few games both years but not the same as every weekend and posting ourselves in the corner of lot 37.

We will be tailgating in lot 9 too.

My wife and I are in lot 9 also....yeah.

Rental car now booked and purchased parking pass via StubHub in Lot G, right next to the stadium.

Just an FYI, if you purchase parking via StubHub or VividSeats, make sure you know what's eventually being charged. StubHub is a lot better with their price in that what you see is what you're going to pay & fees are included already for the most part. Vivid adds on stuff at the end.

Looks like all I got to do now very slowly pack over the next 3 weeks!

You could take a look at flying out of Rochester and see if there are any better deals. I once found a cheaper flight out of Rochester, but I had to pay to park my car, so it was a wash. But it might be an option.

Speak of the devil. There is apparently an under $500 flight deal as of this morning if you can fly between Rochester and Tampa (only 90 minutes from Orlando). Leaving December 30th, returning January 2nd. See details below from a separate thread I made about this in the forum.

Would jump on this quick this morning/today and then get your ground transportation, bowl game tickets, hotel figured out. Saw this blurb about Rochester airport having options for Gophers fans specifically noted in an updated Joe Christensen Minneapolis Tribune article this morning. For those of you who really want to go to the bowl game, but needed a cheaper flight alternative to pull it off.

Details: Round trip Rochester, MN to Tampa, FL. Leaving Dec 30, returning Jan 2. Note that it is only a 90 minute drive between Tampa and Orlando (basically like driving from Minneapolis to St. Cloud). And Rochester is only an hour or so from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

From the article:

"However, fans willing to drive to Rochester and fly to Tampa can lower the fare substantially. For example, as of Tuesday morning, there was a $478.20 fare between those cities leaving on Dec. 30 and returning Jan. 2. Tampa is about a 90-minute drive from Orlando."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/285166011.html

The bowl swag/clothing actually looks pretty good. Will most likely pick up some either beforehand or when down there in Orlando. Thanks for the link.

I plan on buying everything I can find.

And then if we win I'll buy more.

Rental car now booked and purchased parking pass via StubHub in Lot G, right next to the stadium.

Just an FYI, if you purchase parking via StubHub or VividSeats, make sure you know what's eventually being charged. StubHub is a lot better with their price in that what you see is what you're going to pay & fees are included already for the most part. Vivid adds on stuff at the end.

Looks like all I got to do now very slowly pack over the next 3 weeks!

We found a parking spot in Lot G ...it was on Ticket City website

Plaza-level seats in the Gophers' allotment are selling well. As of this morning, the options are:

Plaza Lever Corner:
General Admission 10 (Max 1 seats together in this section)
General Admission 11

Plaza Level Red Zone:
General Admission 6 (Max 1 seats together in this section)
General Admission 7

Plaza Level Goal:
General Admission 8
General Admission 9

Sounds like the corner seats and red zone are inching closer to selling out, with those max tickets together notices being what they are.

I haven't traveled to Florida since I was in middle school - does anyone have any suggestions for areas to stay for couples w/o children? Something near "going out areas" like bars? So far it looks like people have said to stay away from the stadium area. Would downtown be good?

Also, debating whether to get a rental car or not. Any clue if its easy to get around w/o a rental car, or is a car necessary? Plan is to drink before/during/after the game, so driving to stadium is already not going to happen.

The area immediately around the stadium is not good. Nor is there really any hotels or restaurants. Downtown isn't too far away and there are a few hotels there as well as bars and restaurants, especially n the church street area. Most of the hotels, restaurants, and activities are going to be in of 3 places. First, along International drive (I-drive) where the team is staying. Sea World is 5 minutes from the team hotel, tons of restaurants, different attractions, etc. BIG tourist area. Also busses and trams that constantly travel up and down I-drive and closest to the airport. Second is Lake Buena Vista, which is closest to Disney and really not that far from I-drive. Again lots of restaurant and attraction options, busses and trams. The third is around Universal Studios on S. Kirkman. Not quite as many hotels, but still lots of options and you've got Universal City Walk right there as well. Also not far from I-drive. And everything would be accessible by bus or cab.

I haven't traveled to Florida since I was in middle school - does anyone have any suggestions for areas to stay for couples w/o children? Something near "going out areas" like bars? So far it looks like people have said to stay away from the stadium area. Would downtown be good?

Also, debating whether to get a rental car or not. Any clue if its easy to get around w/o a rental car, or is a car necessary? Plan is to drink before/during/after the game, so driving to stadium is already not going to happen.

Downtown would have the highest concentration of bars/restaurants, but hotels are pricey and rooms are at a premium. We're staying a couple miles away until New Year's Eve, since Uber will charge outrageous fees that night anyway. Looks like the bars on Church Street will have a block party on NYE:

http://www.churchstreetbars.com/

Unless you're planning on driving to a theme park, you can probably get by without a rental car. It doesn't look like most of the downtown hotels offer airport shuttles, but you'll save on $20-25 per day to park. And there are free shuttles from downtown to the stadium on gameday.

Just got my 2 seats. Bought thru the U, P-36-37 Red Plaza Zone. Not sure how these work, looks like General admission. Anybody else buy in this section? First come, first serve seating? Most importantly, I'm in the house!

Haven't been to Florida in almost 20 years now, roadtripping it down and staying in Leesburg to save on hotel. Hoping to hear there are some bars hosting Gopher fans that will run shuttle to stadium.

General admission now as the U will assign seats based on priority for each section

What DL guy said. The U will assign you a seat after the priority deadline has passed.

Top Bottom