All Things Citrus Bowl/Orlando Travel Tips, Plans, Hotels, Tickets, Actities and More

I've noticed a lot of new posters the past few days. Welcome to the newbies!

What DL guy said. The U will assign you a seat after the priority deadline has passed.

Will the U assign the seats or will you get your pick of the litter based priority? I don't really care too much as I think they'll all be nice seats but I'd prefer if I had a choice.

You don't get to pick, similar process to what they do when you buy away tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't get to pick, similar process to what they do when you buy away tickets.

Ah, thanks. Either way I'm just excited I finally get to go to a game again!

Amen to that!

Just got my 2 seats. Bought thru the U, P-36-37 Red Plaza Zone. Not sure how these work, looks like General admission. Anybody else buy in this section? First come, first serve seating? Most importantly, I'm in the house!

Haven't been to Florida in almost 20 years now, roadtripping it down and staying in Leesburg to save on hotel. Hoping to hear there are some bars hosting Gopher fans that will run shuttle to stadium.

See DLGuy & ewok's posts above.

Will the U assign the seats or will you get your pick of the litter based priority? I don't really care too much as I think they'll all be nice seats but I'd prefer if I had a choice.

As ewok said, you don't get to pick, but if you have a preference of some kind (i.e. above row 25, on the aisle, piggyback seats rather than all in a row, etc.), you can e-mail the ticket office and let them know. No guarantee you'll get what you ask for, but I have had pretty good luck.

What DL guy said. The U will assign you a seat after the priority deadline has passed.

Directly from the Gophersports.com Bowl Central page:

Seat Allocation Process:

Seats will be allocated in priority order. Priority order is determined as of October 31, 2014.

The priority deadline is Thursday, December 11th at 5:00pm. Tickets ordered after that time will not be seated in priority order.

Ticket Mailing:

Tickets will be shipped starting December 17th via UPS 2-day.

Yep, I sent and received a response asking that our seats be at least in the middle of our section so our children could see the field. They replied quickly and said they would put my request on the order. Hoping that works.

I have officially moved from "hell no" to "price it out before I say yes" with my wife. Victory is Mine!

Latest update on ticket sales:

Plaza Level Red Zone almost sold out (just General Admission 7 remaining)
Plaza Level Corner almost sold out (just General Admission 11 remaining)
Open Air Club getting close to sold out (Max 5 seats together in this section)

Hopefully we hear another update from the ticket office on sales. Wouldn't be surprised if we're pushing 4k through the U.

Do we know what hotel the team is staying at?
I'm at the Hyatt Regency through Creative Charters- fingers crossed that they re in the same hotel.

That is the team hotel. It will host the kickoff luncheon at noon on New Year's Eve.

If you are not booked yet, I suggest that you find a flight to another Florida city and take a bus or rent a car to get to Orlando. There are a lot of hotels available and get your ticket ASAP. We have an affordable ticket to and back from Fort Lauderdale and reservations to go from the airport to the Hyatt Regency Orlando (with rooms available right now) on Red Coach (go to www.redcoachusa.com). We have the Alumni Association One day package for Game day! You don't really need a car from most large hotels or even near a large hotel because there are lots of shuttles around town. If you're creative, you can go. Don't give up! Get it all for around $1,000 per person.

To save money, I am thinking of driving to Orlando, FL from Apple Valley.

This is going to be my first road trip, so I was wondering how the people of GH would plan this out.

According to Google Maps, the trip would take around 22 hours to get to Orlando. How should I spread the drive out? I was thinking of driving 12 hours and resting overnight in Nasheville, then spend the rest of the hours driving to Orlando. If you have any suggestions, comments, or references that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

All Things Citrus Bowl/Orlando Travel Tips, Plans, Hotels, Tickets, Actities ...

This is going to be my first road trip, so I was wondering how the people of GH would plan this out.

According to Google Maps, the trip would take around 22 hours to get to Orlando. How should I spread the drive out? I was thinking of driving 12 hours and resting overnight in Nasheville, then spend the rest of the hours driving to Orlando. If you have any suggestions, comments, or references that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

That's exactly what we're doing. Stopping in Nashville for the night if it's only two of us.

If we get to three or four people we'll drive through the night.

Thanks.

Are you driving by yourself? If you are, I'd try not to do any more than 9-10 hours in a single go. I have done 10 hours by myself but once you start going beyond that you are going to be in pretty rough shape. If you're driving with another person, Nashville would be a great spot to stop on the way.

Otherwise, stick to major highways, if you hit Chicago (which you shouldn't, but maybe you're taking a weird route) try to time it so you're not hitting in rush hours, get a good playlist and find good sports stations to listen to (bonus if you have something like the TuneIn Radio app where you can listen to games that are on), keep the car cool but not too cold, and limit the amount of caffeine you're taking in.

Just got my 2 seats. Bought thru the U, P-36-37 Red Plaza Zone. Not sure how these work, looks like General admission. Anybody else buy in this section? First come, first serve seating? Most importantly, I'm in the house!

Haven't been to Florida in almost 20 years now, roadtripping it down and staying in Leesburg to save on hotel. Hoping to hear there are some bars hosting Gopher fans that will run shuttle to stadium.

I'm in P39-P40, so I will be close GBG!

I spoke with a rep at the ticket office yesterday, and what they will do is as follows:

You will be seated in the section that you purchase your tickets in by priority seating (I.E., Gopher Score) if your tickets are purchased before Thursday, Dec. 11. After the 11th, tickets/sections and seats within those sections will be open to purchase on the first come first served basis. So, in short, they will give you an assigned seat based on your Gopher Score level unless you purchase after the 11th. Then you get to pick your seat based off of what remains. Hope that helps man!

How about the tailgate?

Future in-laws in Florida are going to the game and they asked me about the tailgate. Anything to sign up for in that regard? Point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know how far in advance of game day that the team will be arriving in FL?

Does anyone wanna sponsor the biggest gopher fan in Iowa (me) for the trip?? *feeling hopeful*

Are you driving by yourself? If you are, I'd try not to do any more than 9-10 hours in a single go. I have done 10 hours by myself but once you start going beyond that you are going to be in pretty rough shape. If you're driving with another person, Nashville would be a great spot to stop on the way.

Otherwise, stick to major highways, if you hit Chicago (which you shouldn't, but maybe you're taking a weird route) try to time it so you're not hitting in rush hours, get a good playlist and find good sports stations to listen to (bonus if you have something like the TuneIn Radio app where you can listen to games that are on), keep the car cool but not too cold, and limit the amount of caffeine you're taking in.

Appreciate the advice. No, I won't be traveling by myself. I'll probably bring a couple of buddies of mine for this trip. We will likely do rotations to keep each other sane.

Does anyone know when the team is planning on getting in FL?

As of yesterday, they were still planning out the bowl schedule (practices, etc.). But they'll fly down either on Christmas night or Dec. 26th.

Appreciate the advice. No, I won't be traveling by myself. I'll probably bring a couple of buddies of mine for this trip. We will likely do rotations to keep each other sane.

Nashville is what we were eyeing as the halfway/spend the night destination. I've always wanted to check it out and heard the downtown area is supposed to be really fun.

I'm in P39-P40, so I will be close GBG!

I spoke with a rep at the ticket office yesterday, and what they will do is as follows:

You will be seated in the section that you purchase your tickets in by priority seating (I.E., Gopher Score) if your tickets are purchased before Thursday, Dec. 11. After the 11th, tickets/sections and seats within those sections will be open to purchase on the first come first served basis. So, in short, they will give you an assigned seat based on your Gopher Score level unless you purchase after the 11th. Then you get to pick your seat based off of what remains. Hope that helps man!

Nice. We'll have to meet up at the game.

Thanks to every one who clarified the seating arrangements in that section. Since its based on Gopher Score, I wish I would have had realized that, as I would have bought them (my old man bought them, as we're doing a father-son trip). Maybe I can call and get those attached to my account? I think I'll try.

That is the team hotel. It will host the kickoff luncheon at noon on New Year's Eve.

Who is hosting, and who can attend, the kickoff luncheon?

The Alumni Association is hosting a tailgate at a bargain price :rolleyes: of $69 per person. Here is the link. I don't know when/where that will take place. The Goal Line Club doesn't have any events listed on their website. I am guessing that more activities (I always love the "Battle of the Bands") will be announced as the New Year approaches.

How are you guys going to spend New Years Eve? Since I'm going to be away from family and friends, it looks like I'll have to hit up the bars somewhere. It would be nice to watch the countdown with a few Gopher fans.

Who is hosting, and who can attend, the kickoff luncheon?

"Nearly 24 hours before kickoff of the (Citrus Bowl), the two teams gather for a one-of-a-kind luncheon featuring band and cheer performances, interviews with the head coaches and a special challenge for the players. Members of the ESPN on ABC commentary team for the game will host the luncheon, and guests will actually sit with the players. A table for eight guests (plus two players) is $600 while individual tickets are $62 each."

http://buffalowildwingscitrusbowl.com/fanguide.aspx

Tickets are available to the public, but there isn't yet a link to purchase. If you want to see the bands, the Citrus Bowl Parade goes through downtown at 10 AM on Tuesday the 30th. In the past, it has also included the marching bands of the teams participating in the Russell Athletic Bowl - this year, Clemson and Oklahoma.

I booked with Creative Charters yesterday wen the hotel was the 5* Hyatt Regency. Now it shows at the 4* Caribe Royale for the exact same price. Kind of feels like a bait and switch.

That's exactly what we're doing. Stopping in Nashville for the night if it's only two of us.

If we get to three or four people we'll drive through the night.

Nashville as well for us (Tentatively)
A number of people I know (retirees who drive regularly) opt for Paducah, Kentucky as well.

Top Bottom