All Things 2024 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

I can’t wait to make a gourmet meal out of the tears of those who want Kirk gone. It is going to be spicy and delicious :ROFLMAO:

Currently in San Francisco working off a hangover at a wing and burger joint.
More people out and about that I would have thought but this place looks like it'll make a million dollars today on take out and doordash

4 minutes to go and McCaffrey goes for 6 yards on the left side. The chiefs are tired. It's now second and 4. Run the fu---g ball. Instead they throw it on back to back plays.

run the ball there and the niners win.

The reappearance of "Asian Jim" was amazing.

Chiefs defense deserves the most praise, especially throughout the playoffs.

Reid and Spagnuolo pretty much schooled Shanahan and Wilks. Disappointing to see, my money was on the 49ers. 49ers came out with some wrinkles on defense to start the game, kudos to them for changing it up, but once Reid made adjustments, that was it. Shanahan decided to stop running the ball after halftime, inexplicably, and that didn't help things either.

Reid and Spagnuolo pretty much schooled Shanahan and Wilks. Disappointing to see, my money was on the 49ers. 49ers came out with some wrinkles on defense to start the game, kudos to them for changing it up, but once Reid made adjustments, that was it. Shanahan decided to stop running the ball after halftime, inexplicably, and that didn't help things either.
Apparently a lot of the 49ers players didn't even know about the new OT rules. KC players say they were talking strategy back in the preseason if it were to ever happen.

It is an interesting decision. I see it both ways. Obviously getting the ball first enables you to get it on the third overall possession of OT if the game is still tied. But there is an advantage of knowing what you need if you're second with possession.

Apparently a lot of the 49ers players didn't even know about the new OT rules. KC players say they were talking strategy back in the preseason if it were to ever happen.

It is an interesting decision. I see it both ways. Obviously getting the ball first enables you to get it on the third overall possession of OT if the game is still tied. But there is an advantage of knowing what you need if you're second with possession.
I would for opt to kick off when winning the Coin Toss in OT. Being able to go for it on 4th seems like too big of an advantage. If both teams score a TD, I would then elect to go for 2 to end it.

It would be a disadvantage if both teams kick a FG on their possessions, but worth the risk, IMO.

I would for opt to kick off when winning the Coin Toss in OT. Being able to go for it on 4th seems like too big of an advantage. If both teams score a TD, I would then elect to go for 2 to end it.

It would be a disadvantage if both teams kick a FG on their possessions, but worth the risk, IMO.
That was my initial thinking too. Probably depends on who you're playing too.

I like the rule change. Adds a lot of strategy.

I think the Vikings would like to sign Cousins and they have a number in mind.

I think someone else is going to pay him more.

Spot on. Two simple sentences, and they are all that is needed to clearly understand the situation.

Everything else is useless blather.

That is amazing. Wow.

Maybe the legendary Deep Ball that posters worship so devotedly in football is... overrated?

it also depends on having an OL that gives the QB time to throw deeper routes downfield - and on having WR's that can get open downfield.

Andy Reid IMHO does not say "This is my system or else." He looks at the players he has available, and designs a system that works with the available talent. a lot of coaches - college and pro - could learn something from that.

it also depends on having an OL that gives the QB time to throw deeper routes downfield - and on having WR's that can get open downfield.

Andy Reid IMHO does not say "This is my system or else." He looks at the players he has available, and designs a system that works with the available talent. a lot of coaches - college and pro - could learn something from that.

I find it very interesting that a team can win a Super Bowl while completing only 5 passes that travel more than 10 yards downfield.

That was my initial thinking too. Probably depends on who you're playing too.

I like the rule change. Adds a lot of strategy.
I agree on "the depends on who you're playing" thought. With the game yesterday, I would have done everything possible to make sure Mahomes did not have the football in his hands last.

I find it very interesting that a team can win a Super Bowl while completing only 5 passes that travel more than 10 yards downfield.
When the other team fumbles when driving deep on the opening drive, the other team misses an extra point, and the other teams muffs a punt down by the 10 yard line............it becomes much easier.

Mahomes went 5 of 11 with a TD and INT on throws 10+ yards downfield.
Since trading Tyreek Hill, Mahomes hasn't had a legitimate down field threat that can actually catch a football. KC hasn't thrown deep all year:

Target Depth for their top 2 receivers:

Kelce - 5.5 yards
Rice - 3.6 yards

Still an amazing stat for a Super Bowl winner, though.

Since trading Tyreek Hill, Mahomes hasn't had a legitimate down field threat that can actually catch a football. KC hasn't thrown deep all year:

Kelce - 5.5 yards
Rice - 3.6 yards

The chiefs won this super bowl by playing damn good defense throughout the playoffs. They cover so well and can get pressure.

Their offense will get all the glory, but it was the defense.

The offense put up 3 points in the first half, and they were still in the game by far.

Kelce - 5.5 yards
Rice - 3.6 yards

Mahomes is really good at extending plays. They also have a lot of unselfish guys that are willing and good at blocking on different outside screens. Reid is also one of the best play callers ever.

Top Bottom