All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I hope Danny b. Has some Mauer ‘drops’ on his radio show. ‘It’s frustrating’. Even better 20 yr old Wolves ‘drops’. Maybe a Brewster quote.

Tigers already 2-1 winners today over the Rays.
Wouldn’t want to tangle with them in the playoffs; they’re ravenous.

This is how hot the 🐅 have been and how improbable their run to the wildcard has been.

Tigers: The Tigers were nine games under .500 on July 4, and by Aug. 10, their playoff odds were only 0.2 percent. But the Tigers have the American League’s best record (43-27) since July 4.

The Mariners also once held a ten game lead in the AL West.

Last edited:

Kepler will never wear a twins jersey again. I don’t believe Justin Toopa is an actual person. They saw a name that sounded like a baseball name and have some guy walk around in a Toppa jersey every once and a while.
I'm not ruling out the possibility that Mike Leach locked Topa in a shed at Texas Tech.
Kiriloff might be in there too.

I'm not ruling out the possibility that Mike Leach locked Topa in a shed at Texas Tech.
Kiriloff might be in there too.
I still don’t think we got the correct Tsuyoshi Nishioka. I think we just got some guy from Japan and were told that it was him. The guy had no idea how to turn a double play.

Just another lifeless performance as the twins slowly sink into death. Just not much to get you excited about next year unfortunately given the owners lack of ambition and the current state of the roster.

Correa looks at strike 3, which wasn't a strike and just shrugs and walks away. No fight whatsoever as their leader stares blankly into the distance chewing gum.

That it. Correa and Buxton need to be shut down for the rest of the season. it over.

Good ol Minnesota sports. Get ya pumped up then open the valve and let the air out

so, you're surprised that a team - which has been platooning all year - is still platooning?

this is who Rocco is as a manager. he has shown no indication of changing his approach.

and FWIW:
Wallner vs RH - .276/.389/.569 (.958)
Wallner vs LH - .184/.296/.316 (.611)

Larnach vs RH - .254/.336/.440 (.776)
Larnach vs LH - .227/.261/.381 (.579)

OK, you're the manager. your team is facing a LH pitcher. you make the call.
It's basically a play-off game. Would you start Margot in a play-off game? If you would, you should be fired immediately. His waddling after a catchable ball broke it open in the 2nd. Not that it mattered with a totally inept offense. All the more reason not to sit one of the few guys who might actually hit a HR.

It's basically a play-off game. Would you start Margot in a play-off game? If you would, you should be fired immediately. His waddling after a catchable ball broke it open in the 2nd. Not that it mattered with a totally inept offense. All the more reason not to sit one of the few guys who might actually hit a HR.

you're the manager. these are your choices.

player A: .273/.327/.393 (.721)

player B: .184/.296/.316 (.611)

seems pretty cut-and-dried. player A has better numbers, right?

Player A is Margot vs LHP.

Player B is Wallner vs LHP.

this is how decisions are made - based on actual evidence - based on numbers - based on performance. not on feelings.

you're the manager. these are your choices.

player A: .273/.327/.393 (.721)

player B: .184/.296/.316 (.611)

seems pretty cut-and-dried. player A has better numbers, right?

Player A is Margot vs LHP.

Player B is Wallner vs LHP.

this is how decisions are made - based on actual evidence - based on numbers - based on performance. not on feelings.
the best predictor of future results is past outcomes.

Top Bottom