All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Has anyone ever seen said spreadsheets?

Or are they an urban myth like alligators in NYC sewers because they were flushed down toilets
They've spend all their money on tech so I'm sure there's no actual "spreadsheet" as he said.

But Falvey's squad of MIT analytic nerds are not a myth. Ruesse's talked about them several times. They won't talk to reporters (likely are not allowed to) and seem weird. Falvey/Levine are the only ones allowed to talk to the press but they hardly ever do. I'm sure their salaries combined could at least cover a lefty reliever better than Theilbar.

They've spend all their money on tech so I'm sure there's no actual "spreadsheet" as he said.

But Falvey's squad of MIT analytic nerds are not a myth. Ruesse's talked about them several times. They won't talk to reporters (likely are not allowed to) and seem weird. Falvey/Levine are the only ones allowed to talk to the press but they hardly ever do. I'm sure their salaries combined could at least cover a lefty reliever better than Theilbar.
So you’re an anti-intellectual. It’s all making sense now😉

So you’re an anti-intellectual. It’s all making sense now😉
ZZZ. The Vikings GM is also an analytics nerd. But I'm pretty sure he's not telling Kevin O'Connell to put Johnny Mundt (Manny Margot) in for Justin Jefferson (Matt Wallner) on the next play because the analytics say.

ZZZ. The Vikings GM is also an analytics nerd. But I'm pretty sure he's not telling Kevin O'Connell to put Johnny Mundt (Manny Margot) in for Justin Jefferson (Matt Wallner) on the next play because the analytics say.
Is it hard being the foremost expert on every sport?

Pleae enlighten the masses.

The Athletic recently did a long story on the situation with the White Sox, focusing on owner Jerry Reinsdorf. among the issues cited was Reinsdorf's refusal to adapt to changes in the sport - and analytics was a big part of that.

every team in baseball has an analytics department. every team in baseball prepares information for the manager, coaches and players. every team in baseball uses that information.

the Twins' problem is not analytics, or Falvey telling Rocco what to do. I will stipulate that Rocco has been hampered by front office moves that have not worked out. but in the end, the players have to do their jobs.

Royce Lewis last 30 games:
104 AB- 8 R- 22 H- 1 HR- 11 RBI- 5 BB- 32 K- .212/.241/.288 (.529 OPS)

I suppose that is because of analytics, too.

What's with the attitude? You go from decent discussion to @sshole sideswipes all the time.
It’s called jocularity 😃 - meant as a good natured joke.

You ask me not to take your sports predictions seriously and then get miffed about a little grief, love that irony.

I’ll put you back on ignore Ralph, but man did you have a righteous fade -

Last edited:

The Athletic recently did a long story on the situation with the White Sox, focusing on owner Jerry Reinsdorf. among the issues cited was Reinsdorf's refusal to adapt to changes in the sport - and analytics was a big part of that.

every team in baseball has an analytics department. every team in baseball prepares information for the manager, coaches and players. every team in baseball uses that information.

the Twins' problem is not analytics, or Falvey telling Rocco what to do. I will stipulate that Rocco has been hampered by front office moves that have not worked out. but in the end, the players have to do their jobs.

Royce Lewis last 30 games:
104 AB- 8 R- 22 H- 1 HR- 11 RBI- 5 BB- 32 K- .212/.241/.288 (.529 OPS)

I suppose that is because of analytics, too.
What's really been apparent to me is that unless both Buxton & Correa are not only in the line-up AND playing their positions at remotely full strength, the Twins fielding is flat out abysmal.

There have been so many weakly hit ground balls hit as soon as they reach the infield grass I am just hoping the infielders eat it and don't compound it with a lousy throw.

Aside from Santana all of the rest are below average or not playing probably their best position. Lee can probably be an above average fielder, especially at 3rd if (cross your fingers) Correa exhibits reliable long term health.

As much time as Correra has missed, he’s Cal Ripken compared to Trevor Story - just imagine if we’d have signed him instead -

2022 -94 games played
2023 - 43 games played
2024 - 19 games played

Top Bottom