All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I've never seen a Guardians game vs. the Twins that Jose Ramirez sits. The Twins have no one like that. Pathetic.
Yea, this whole resting and sitting players when you're fighting for your playoff life is ridiculous. That's why you rest them early in the year so they can go now. And why not Jax in the 10th - oh, he pitched a couple days in a row. Seems Rocco would rather lose.

I was getting into it on Twitter last night with some folks, including one person who said his goal was to "shame the Twins apologists". What the bleep does that accomplish? so you're upset about the Twins, and your way to deal with it is to attack other people who don't agree with you.

my basic point is this: you as a fan can complain all you want, but it's not going to accomplish anything. the only way we will see significant change is if the ownership changes its position. and I just don't see that happening based on people complaining on Twitter or message boards.

we all see the issues here. unless Falvey and Levine - and Joe Pohlad - are blind, they see the same issues. the question is what - if anything - they are willing to do about it. and that is simply out of our control as fans.

and FWIW - I've sat through seasons that looked a lot worse than this one.

*in 2011, Twins went 13-43 in their last 56 games. finished 63-99
* 2016 = 59-103
* 1982 = 60-102
* 1999 = 63-97
*2012/2013 = back to back seasons of 66-96

2011 to 2013 combined record 195-291 a .393 win %

Twins have won 80 games this season. there have been 28 full seasons where the Twins won fewer than 80 games.

that doesn't make this season any better. but it's not the worst season in Twins' history - not by a long shot.

I was getting into it on Twitter last night with some folks, including one person who said his goal was to "shame the Twins apologists". What the bleep does that accomplish? so you're upset about the Twins, and your way to deal with it is to attack other people who don't agree with you.

my basic point is this: you as a fan can complain all you want, but it's not going to accomplish anything. the only way we will see significant change is if the ownership changes its position. and I just don't see that happening based on people complaining on Twitter or message boards.

we all see the issues here. unless Falvey and Levine - and Joe Pohlad - are blind, they see the same issues. the question is what - if anything - they are willing to do about it. and that is simply out of our control as fans.

* 2016 = 59-103
* 1982 = 60-102
* 1999 = 63-97

Twins have won 80 games this season. there have been 28 full seasons where the Twins won fewer than 80 games.

that doesn't make this season any better. but it's not the worst season in Twins' history - not by a long shot.
Were you called a Pohlad pocket protector? Been called that many times.

Yea, this whole resting and sitting players when you're fighting for your playoff life is ridiculous. That's why you rest them early in the year so they can go now. And why not Jax in the 10th - oh, he pitched a couple days in a row. Seems Rocco would rather lose.
At this point it seems like using Jax & Duran in situations that they have not been placed in has been backfiring.

- Using Duran in the 8th against KC up 2-0 a week ago
- Having Duran go a 2nd inning on Tuesday, he struggled at that point which was what forced Jax to mop up that night
- Jax going more than 1 inning on Monday which led to a blown save

Just not many good options. Henriquez had gone 7 out his last 8 appearances without allowing a run. I did not have a problem going with him, up by 2 with the ghost runner as opposed to Jax going 3 days in a row.

After Correa put the Twins up 2 in the 10th there was still only 1 out with runners at the corners. They really needed to tack on another run with at least a Sac Fly or something. Unfortunately Santana hit into a tailor made double play.

* 2016 = 59-103
* 1982 = 60-102
* 1999 = 63-97

Of course it's not the worst season ever. But what you aren't accounting for is that this was a team that started the season as the favorite to win the division, even after slashing payroll. Going from a division winner to what is looking more like a 4th place finish every day is way more disappointing in my eyes than watching a team that nobody thought was going to be any good lose 100 plus games.

I cannot recall seeing a Twins team implode in September like this years squad. It's a perfect storm of both bad hitting and bad pitching.
In a few moments, Detroit will only be a half game behind the Twins.
I'm going to Ann Arbor next week for the Gopher v Michigan game on Saturday and then catching the Sunday game between Detroit and Chicago. At this rate the Twins will be in the rear view mirror.
The Tigers might catch Kansas City.

Margot comes through with a big hit, driving in two runs.

2-1 Twins in the top of the 5th

I’m too weak. Any lead they have and I’ll be tuned in. Stay strong my friend.
It’s not my fault that the bar I stopped in after my doctors appointment to use their WC, had the Twins game on, so my eyes were drawn to the TV, like a moth to a 🔥,and that Manny Margot answered @howeda7 taunts again with a clutch hit to knock in two, is it?

I didn’t need a WC at the appointment, only when I started moving and grooving did nature’s call come knocking.

Absolve me 🙏 for my Twins viewing and I just heckled a Braves fan 🥳 - colossal extra credit.

Last edited:

It’s not my fault that the bar I stopped in after my doctors appointment to use their WC, had the Twins game on, so my eyes were drawn to the TV, like a moth to a 🔥,and that Manny Margot answered @howeda7 taunts again with a clutch hit to knock in two, is it?

I didn’t need a WC at the appointment, only when I started moving and grooving did nature’s call come knocking.

Absolve me 🙏 for my Twins viewing and I just heckled a Braves fan 🥳 - colossal extra credit.
I often think you'd be great to sit with and have a beer, but then you go and say "WC". I'm just not sure anymore. Say "meh", once, and it's definitely over. :ROFLMAO:

I often think you'd be great to sit with and have a beer, but then you go and say "WC". I'm just not sure anymore. Say "meh", once, and it's definitely over. :ROFLMAO:
what makes you think I’d wanna have a beer with you?

In my defense until I’ll about three years ago, I would’ve said shitter, so as I crest the milestone of 60,I thought I’d try to put some 💋 on this 🐷; a couple more white wine spritzers, it would have come tumbling out. strike that above, as I confused your drink with mine. Mother’s Milk, aka Guinness.

I like wize asses 🎃 eater, so we’d have fun and one 🍺 , spritzer in your case, Meh, wouldn’t be enough. This legendary diatribe of the dim witted🥸 might go down in the Guinness World Record Book.

Another inevitable loss pending. How will it end this time?

what makes you think I’d wanna have a beer with you?

In my defense until I’ll about three years ago, I would’ve said shitter, so as I crest the milestone of 60,I thought I’d try to put some 💋 on this 🐷; a couple more white wine spritzers, it would have come tumbling out. strike that above, as I confused your drink with mine. Mother’s Milk, aka Guinness.

I like wize asses 🎃 eater, so we’d have fun and one 🍺 , spritzer in your case, Meh, wouldn’t be enough. This legendary diatribe of the dim witted🥸 might go down in the Guinness World Record Book.
If I knew what a white wine spritzer was, I might laugh at this. I still say shitter, but I'm a decade younger than you.

You made me check into the Twins, and they immediately lost the lead. I'll blame that one on you. Maybe if we stay off topic, they'll come back and get this one (but not if Howie has any say in it).

Btw, Mother's Milk=Summit Saga.

Relievers should almost never be in the discussion for CY Young Award but Clase should be in the running this year. Skubal should win it but he should finish in the top 3. Only given up 5 runs all year.

Relievers should almost never be in the discussion for CY Young Award but Clase should be in the running this year. Skubal should win it but he should finish in the top 3. Only given up 5 runs all year.
Reverse jinx didn't work

Perhaps Derek Bender was just following in the footsteps of the big league club. It's pretty clear these guys just want to go home too.

Whatever the opposite of clutch is, this team has it.

Perhaps Derek Bender was just following in the footsteps of the big league club. It's pretty clear these guys just want to go home too.

Whatever the opposite of clutch is, this team has it.
This Bender says "I'm outta here!".

1726776758425.png

Pohalds please:

-Fire Falvey

-Fire Rocco

-Sell to Mark Cuban

I'll settle for 2 out of 3.

Top Bottom