All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

The pitching strategy doesn’t really matter though if you can’t hit. The starters these past two games were not very good this season. Everyone trying to tie the game with no one on.

The pitching strategy doesn’t really matter though if you can’t hit. The starters these past two games were not very good this season. Everyone trying to tie the game with no one on.
Outside of Lewis and Correa, no one has done anything this post season.

Win or Lose the series........playoff close games are awesome!

This is fun!

Go figure, MN sports getting hosed by the officials, like usual. That wasnt even close to a strike, instead of 3-2 2 outs and runner in scoring position, it’s a deflating ring up.

Even at home, hosed.

Bad call on that 3rd strike to Kepler. Couple inches off the plate.

I think that call shows it isn’t just catchers framing that’s the issue. That wasn’t framed at all.

Every flipping liner we hit tonight is at someone.

Yep, hitting some bad luck but we are not good at creating runs. Need to be better next year. Too many empty swings and at bats. Not over yet, but it's been our achilles heel all year.

Season is down to 1 inning and you have the exact people you would want. Time to go score 2 runs cause the pitching has done their job today.

The fact every batter got ahead of the count and struck out in a 3-2 count is I feel a perfect representation of the twins 2023 season.

At least that one was a legitimate strike three to Kepler. Unlike the last one.

5-3
7-2
9-4
10-4
3-1
3-2

Those represent the number of hits and runs scored in the playoffs by the twins. The fact they averaged 6 hits and 2.66 runs a game is not great. It’s probably pretty fortunate they actually won 3 games in the playoffs with those numbers.

This team just has some dogs on it. Just feels so different than previous playoffs. Lots of confident guys. No matter how the rest of the series goes, gotta feel good about what’s happening.
It’s been the same old Twins since I posted this. Back to back pathetic games, especially at the plate. Very fitting end, watching strike 3.

The fact every batter got ahead of the count and struck out in a 3-2 count is I feel a perfect representation of the twins 2023 season.
Agreed. Need better job of OBP and putting ball in play. All time record for strikeouts really reduces your chances of scoring runs.

they just said we had 6 hits in both games combined!

that's not against their top guys.

Can we go buy a few hitters this offseason?

Top Bottom