All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Correct. That's why I'd rather Wallner, Kirilloff and Larnach battle for one starting spot, not two.
Thanks for clarifying; I think it’s Wallner’s to lose. AK has durability issues and Larnach is 2 inconsistent - I’ll be surprised if one of those 2 isn’t moved.

Thanks everyone for the fun season. These Twins threads were usually 25-50 pages in the past. 225 and counting, really enjoyed the Twins talk.
As someone who isn't able to follow roster moves, prospects, etc. as much as I used to, it has been really great having this thread to go to for a good mix of news and opinions from people with good knowledge of the team and the game. The future is bright at Target Field!

A feel-good mini playoff run, but this puts it in perspective. Still very accomplishment poor in recent memory. Everyone should remain very hungry.

Pardon, my bad.

I thought you would have been used to it by now being a Minnesotan.
I would have rather they been swept by Houston cause all the Pablo game did was suck me in and thinking about how they weee gonna host the ALCS. No different than the Vikings and the Minneapolis miracle before laying an egg in Philly.

It seems more likely that Wallner takes a step forward (improves) vs. Miranda recapturing his form.

I think Wallner is also a better defender, with one of the better outfield arms in the league.
Agree that defensively he's pretty good. I hope another year helps with his hitting approach, but he looked way over matched at times. He (like most of the Twins) were not good at putting balls in play or spoiling pitches.

I would have rather they been swept by Houston cause all the Pablo game did was suck me in and thinking about how they weee gonna host the ALCS. No different than the Vikings and the Minneapolis miracle before laying an egg in Philly.
Very much disagree. I think it's very valuable for the young guys to go through as much of this as they can.

As a fan, the end result doesn't negate the fun I had watching Game 2 or the Blue Jays series.

Very much disagree. I think it's very valuable for the young guys to go through as much of this as they can.

As a fan, the end result doesn't negate the fun I had watching Game 2 or the Blue Jays series.
Hell I had a blast being in the crowd for game 4 even if it ended in frustration. Agreed on the valuable experience as well.

Hell I had a blast being in the crowd for game 4 even if it ended in frustration. Agreed on the valuable experience as well.
The crowds at the home games were amazing. I was ready to make the trip to a game if they made the ALCS.

questions:
---what is team payroll like next year? Twins will not have $40-mill contract with BSN and local TV revenue will likely go down.
---must resolve health/injury questions on Buxton and Kirilloff. If they can be "fixed," then do it. If they can't be "fixed," then trade/release/eat contract. Zulgad on Skor North is saying the Twins should force Buxton to retire. (don't know if that gives them any contract relief)
--do they add a starting pitcher via trade/free agency or roll with what they have?
--any additions or subtractions to bullpen?
--any moves to upgrade position players? 1B if Kirilloff can't play?
--who - if anyone - comes up from the minors? where does Brooks Lee play?

A feel-good mini playoff run, but this puts it in perspective. Still very accomplishment poor in recent memory. Everyone should remain very hungry.

Man that is depressing. At least we're ahead of the White Sox now though.

Imagine being the Braves. Best offense all season and they score 8 runs in their 4 playoff games including just 3 in their 3 losses.

Houston is the only team with a bye to advance.

I fear it’ll be Houston-Philadelphia in the WS. Yuck.

Imagine being the Braves. Best offense all season and they score 8 runs in their 4 playoff games including just 3 in their 3 losses.

My money is on Texas-Philadelphia. No solid reasoning, just a feeling.

My memory gets fuzzy with increasing age, but there was a team with a pretty prolific offense who only managed 7 runs while getting swept out of the playoffs in 3 games in 2019. Can't recall what team that was for the life of me.

My memory gets fuzzy with increasing age, but there was a team with a pretty prolific offense who only managed 7 runs while getting swept out of the playoffs in 3 games in 2019. Can't recall what team that was for the life of me.
Of course the team they lost to had also surpassed the previous All Time Season HR record and didn't even have home field. ;)

I'm not sure how much of the Arizona Diamondbacks I can take, the turf mowing pattern makes me dizzy.

Braves gone. Cue up the whining about how the divisional series should be best of seven, not five.
I'm sure there will be whining, but my comeback is that if the Braves couldn't even get their series to a 5th game, Best of 7 seem unlikely to have made a difference. Their fellow 100 game winners were swept, so again rather improbably to have made a difference.

I agree with Manfred, essentially too small of a sample size to change course as of yet.

The 3 teams to win 100 (LAD, Atl & Bal) combined with 99er (TB) went a combined 1-11. The Braves were rather fortunate to get the 1 victory or it would have been a skunk.

The lesson learned...don't win too much in the regular season. :unsure:

I'm sure there will be whining, but my comeback is that if the Braves couldn't even get their series to a 5th game, Best of 7 seem unlikely to have made a difference. Their fellow 100 game winners were swept, so again rather improbably to have made a difference.

I agree with Manfred, essentially too small of a sample size to change course as of yet.

The 3 teams to win 100 (LAD, Atl & Bal) combined with 99er (TB) went a combined 1-11. The Braves were rather fortunate to get the 1 victory or it would have been a skunk.

The lesson learned...don't win too much in the regular season. :unsure:
If you add in Milwaukee, teams with 92+ wins went 1-13.

Top Bottom