All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

I am not a basketball fan whatsoever, the sport never really grabbed my interest, but if the Wolves win the West conference I might have to tune into the NBA finals.....

Here’s his full comments on it (man is he funny) - “there probably aren’t many fans in the building who have a heat pack.”
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🥲

"I didn't actually see it happen," Finch said. "And the way it was explained to me, the referees didn't see it either. So they're not able to issue a technical unless they see it. We tried to impress upon them there probably aren't many fans in the building who have a heat pack, so it probably had to come from the bench. Which they found logical.

"It's inexcusable and dangerous. I'm sure it was just a mistake and an oversight. I'm sure there was nothing intentional by the officiating at all. But certainly can't allow that to happen."

I am not a basketball fan whatsoever, the sport never really grabbed my interest, but if the Wolves win the West conference I might have to tune into the NBA finals.....
I love college basketball but it's been years since I paid close attention to the NBA. I'd watch a little bit here and there but not a whole lot. For a number of reasons, just didn't enjoy it anymore. And as I got busy with kids and home life, I had to pick and choose a bit what sports I can watch religiously.

With that said, this team is so much fun to watch. They play so hard and they play so well together. ANT is a stud and probably just as important, he's a leader. At 22. Amazing.

I love college basketball but it's been years since I paid close attention to the NBA. I'd watch a little bit here and there but not a whole lot. For a number of reasons, just didn't enjoy it anymore. And as I got busy with kids and home life, I had to pick and choose a bit what sports I can watch religiously.

With that said, this team is so much fun to watch. They play so hard and they play so well together. ANT is a stud and probably just as important, he's a leader. At 22. Amazing.
I love college and pro, but pro hoops is sooooooooooo much better than college. It's not even close anymore.

I love college and pro, but pro hoops is sooooooooooo much better than college. It's not even close anymore.
It probably is. I think I just got tired of the way the game was called. Any contact on a top player was an automatic foul. The ridiculous travels. It didn't always fell like basketball at times anymore. It's probably been since the Garnett days and when they went to the playoffs every year.

Has Murray's walk of atonement been scheduled yet?

shame-with-padding.gif

It probably is. I think I just got tired of the way the game was called. Any contact on a top player was an automatic foul. The ridiculous travels. It didn't always fell like basketball at times anymore. It's probably been since the Garnett days and when they went to the playoffs every year.
Interesting. I see it the opposite. In the NBA the refs let the players play, for the most part (except for Scott Foster). One of the reasons I've lost interest in the college game is the refs make it about themselves. Calling 40-60 fouls/game kills the sport.

"Nuggets guard Jamal Murray was fined $100,000 but avoided a suspension after tossing a towel and then a heating pad in the direction of an official during Denver's 106-80 Game 2 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday..

Crew chief Marc Davis said he didn't notice the toss at the time, but if he had it could've been reviewed under the hostile act trigger. However, Murray would've been subject to a technical foul, not an ejection.

"For an ejection, you would have to determine it was thrown directly at somebody versus thrown in frustration," Davis told a pool reporter after the game."

S
ounds like a "we can't suspend him during the playoffs" excuse. Particularly since they're gonna lose anyway?

That "substantial amount" is the same amount that Gobert was fined for the "money" gesture toward a ref. Which besides throwing the towel and hot pack Murray did last night too.

They’re not going to suspend a marquee player, although they should. If it was a bench player named, Cleveland State, yes.

Be interesting to see if anyone, at all, calls Murray out for this. Big Perk, I’m looking at you to say something on Inside the NBA Today .

They’ll fine him, big deal.

Prescient🎊

I’m never leaving the Wolves thread, I’ve finally found my calling on the board.

Interesting. I see it the opposite. In the NBA the refs let the players play, for the most part (except for Scott Foster). One of the reasons I've lost interest in the college game is the refs make it about themselves. Calling 40-60 fouls/game kills the sport.
I’m not talking about today’s NBA. 15-20 years ago. I just don’t have time to start watching again.

"Nuggets guard Jamal Murray was fined $100,000 but avoided a suspension after tossing a towel and then a heating pad in the direction of an official during Denver's 106-80 Game 2 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday..

Crew chief Marc Davis said he didn't notice the toss at the time, but if he had it could've been reviewed under the hostile act trigger. However, Murray would've been subject to a technical foul, not an ejection.

"For an ejection, you would have to determine it was thrown directly at somebody versus thrown in frustration," Davis told a pool reporter after the game."

S
ounds like a "we can't suspend him during the playoffs" excuse. Particularly since they're gonna lose anyway?

That "substantial amount" is the same amount that Gobert was fined for the "money" gesture toward a ref. Which besides throwing the towel and hot pack Murray did last night too.
Rudy got the same thing for the money sign alone. He throws stuff at a ref in addition to the money gesture. Weak.

Precedent has been set. Players can throw things on the floor during play and expect only a fine. Yet a bench player puts a pinky toe over the line and he is ejected
Ridiculous.

Top Bottom