All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Marc Davis has no problem throwing Carlisle out of the game tonight.

He was just listening to Spike.

Knicks fans are bothersome, especially for a team which has won a title since 73 and last played for the championship in 99. I really hope Boston annihilates them/ the Nova 3.

NBA just announced that Patrick Beverly has been suspended for 4 games next season for throwing those basketballs into the stands and at fans.

Maybe the NBA will attempt to save face by suspending Murray for a few games starting next season.

Way too late, but at least Jamal will be on an NBA roster next season.

Boston looking slow and horrific tonight!

The official injury report for the Nuggets, as of this morning, for tonight's game at Target Center. Wonder if any of them will miss the game?

NAMEPOSEST. RETURN DATESTATUSCOMMENT
Kentavious Caldwell-PopeSGMay 10Day-To-DayMay 9: Caldwell-Pope is questionable for Friday's Game 3 matchup with Minnesota due to a right abdominal contusion.
Reggie JacksonPGMay 10Day-To-DayMay 9: Jackson is listed as questionable for Friday's Game 3 against the Timberwolves due to a left calf contusion.
Jamal MurrayPGMay 10Day-To-DayMay 9: Murray (calf) is listed as questionable for Friday's Game 3 against Minnesota.

The official injury report for the Nuggets, as of this morning, for tonight's game at Target Center. Wonder if any of them will miss the game?

Kentavious Caldwell-PopeSGMay 10Day-To-DayMay 9: Caldwell-Pope is questionable for Friday's Game 3 matchup with Minnesota due to a right abdominal contusion.
Reggie JacksonPGMay 10Day-To-DayMay 9: Jackson is listed as questionable for Friday's Game 3 against the Timberwolves due to a left calf contusion.
Jamal MurrayPGMay 10Day-To-DayMay 9: Murray (calf) is listed as questionable for Friday's Game 3 against Minnesota.

I’ll be surprised if Jackson plays, he was pretty hobbled.

He's day-to-day, we're all day-to-day.

I forget which of the SportsCenter anchors used to say that, back when ESPN was watchable.

Michael Rand Daily Delivery Podcast is at the link. Looks like Rand was one of the Minnesota "Just Keep Blowing it all up" guys.

*Trade Anthony Edwards: In March 2021, in the midst of an up-and-down rookie season for Edwards and with the Wolves sitting at 7-29 with the trade deadline a few weeks away, I mused that perhaps the Wolves should consider dealing Ant to the Hawks along with Naz Reid and perhaps Malik Beasley for John Collins and a couple other players.

Such a trade, which would have given the Wolves a primary three of Karl-Anthony Towns, D'Angelo Russell and Collins, would of course have been a disaster. Good thing then-Wolves boss Gersson Rosas wasn't as eager for a shortcut as I was.

*Trade Towns: At several points last offseason, I advocated that the Wolves should trade Towns. Instead, he became an All-Star this year and has been instrumental to the team's playoff success.

*Down on Rudy Gobert: I was hardly alone in this, but after initially backing the trade for Gobert, last season made me a skeptic. Gobert's play dipped, and the draft pick haul the Wolves gave up to get him was not only huge but also meant they couldn't make any similar blockbuster moves. They seemed boxed into their roster. As it turns out, that wasn't a bad thing now that Gobert has rebounded to be Defensive Player of the Year again.

*Let Connelly go? Connelly's first season in charge of the Wolves was bad enough that when he didn't commit to staying with the Wolves when a job in Washington opened up, I didn't think his leaving would be such a bad thing. This year has been a complete 180, or perhaps to Connelly just further evidence that the growing pains of last season and patience laid the groundwork for this year.

*Can't beat Phoenix: I really didn't think the Wolves would get out of the first round, as I was one of many people who bought the narrative that Phoenix was their worst matchup after going 0-3 against the Suns during the regular season. As it turns out, the Wolves found another gear (and then some) in sweeping the Suns — proving so dominant that the Suns fired Frank Vogel.

Tony Brothers is ref for tonight Nuggets/Wolves game. oh boy.

Michael Rand Daily Delivery Podcast is at the link. Looks like Rand was one of the Minnesota "Just Keep Blowing it all up" guys.

*Trade Anthony Edwards: In March 2021, in the midst of an up-and-down rookie season for Edwards and with the Wolves sitting at 7-29 with the trade deadline a few weeks away, I mused that perhaps the Wolves should consider dealing Ant to the Hawks along with Naz Reid and perhaps Malik Beasley for John Collins and a couple other players.

Such a trade, which would have given the Wolves a primary three of Karl-Anthony Towns, D'Angelo Russell and Collins, would of course have been a disaster. Good thing then-Wolves boss Gersson Rosas wasn't as eager for a shortcut as I was.

*Trade Towns: At several points last offseason, I advocated that the Wolves should trade Towns. Instead, he became an All-Star this year and has been instrumental to the team's playoff success.

*Down on Rudy Gobert: I was hardly alone in this, but after initially backing the trade for Gobert, last season made me a skeptic. Gobert's play dipped, and the draft pick haul the Wolves gave up to get him was not only huge but also meant they couldn't make any similar blockbuster moves. They seemed boxed into their roster. As it turns out, that wasn't a bad thing now that Gobert has rebounded to be Defensive Player of the Year again.

*Let Connelly go? Connelly's first season in charge of the Wolves was bad enough that when he didn't commit to staying with the Wolves when a job in Washington opened up, I didn't think his leaving would be such a bad thing. This year has been a complete 180, or perhaps to Connelly just further evidence that the growing pains of last season and patience laid the groundwork for this year.

*Can't beat Phoenix: I really didn't think the Wolves would get out of the first round, as I was one of many people who bought the narrative that Phoenix was their worst matchup after going 0-3 against the Suns during the regular season. As it turns out, the Wolves found another gear (and then some) in sweeping the Suns — proving so dominant that the Suns fired Frank Vogel.

😂😂😂😊he gets paid to be wrong about everything 😂😂😂😂😂

Doesn't look like the refs are going to let them play like in Game 2. Nugget babies seem to have gotten their way by throwing their little hissy fits

We're just straight up missing some good shots too

Can you compete against/beat a good team without your “A Game?” That’s the sign of a championship team - gotta push through the blahs.

Last edited:

Mark Jones is making my 👂 hurt

Had to expect Denver to come out with some pride at some point. Not completely unexpected, but let's see what the response will be.

Mark Jones is an embarrassment. It's ridiculous that he still has a job, but it's at ESPN, so completely understandable.

Had to expect Denver to come out with some pride at some point. Not completely unexpected, but let's see what the response will be.

Mark Jones is an embarrassment. It's ridiculous that he still has a job, but it's at ESPN, so completely understandable.

Betting the Nugs to cover in the first half was a lock.

Top Bottom