All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

The long break now before Game 3 probably helps Denver. They've looked exhausted the first two games of the series.

Does he get suspended? He should but probably won’t.

They’re not going to suspend a marquee player, although they should. If it was a bench player named, Cleveland State, yes.

Be interesting to see if anyone, at all, calls Murray out for this. Big Perk, I’m looking at you to say something on Inside the NBA Today .

They’ll fine him, big deal.

Last edited:

They’re not going to suspend a marquee player, although they should. If it was a bench player named, Cleveland State, yes.

Be interesting to see if anyone, at all, calls Murray out for this.

They’ll fine him, big deal.
Most everyone I've seen that cover the NBA say it should be a suspension, minimum. He threw a towel and then a heat pack at the ref. But we'll see.

This was funny.

Most everyone I've seen that cover the NBA say it should be a suspension, minimum. He threw a towel and then a heat pack at the ref. But we'll see.

This was funny.

He can appeal a suspension right (under the CBA)? So it conveniently kicks it to the start of next season then.

To clarify, I meant he’s not going to miss either of the next two games in this series (as there’s only two left 😃)- that’s my Hot Take.

Last edited:

At 2:30 Jokic gives his take on Kyle. Might be just being nice, but the rebounds and assists are a fact.

Joker strikes me as an honest dude, who answers the questions and doesn’t duck them.

SLO MO’s not a scorer, he’s a glue guy/facilitator IMO and knows his role. He’s perfect for what we need him to do, as he doesn’t try and do too much and does what’s needed. How many 50/50 balls did he get to last night?

The key is to focus on what he does well and not on what he doesn’t do well; playing 10 years in the NBA and he’s still a rotation guy - gimme all that.

I really doubt Murray will get suspended and it doesn’t matter anyways. McDaniels owns him and there’s not much he can do about it.

This series was over when Malone blew up at the official last night. I’ll be shocked if it’s not a sweep.

Murray will be suspended. He threw two items at a referee, one of which created a safety problem on the floor.

There's almost no conceivable way the NBA will not protect the refs and send a message about court safety.

At 2:30 Jokic gives his take on Kyle. Might be just being nice, but the rebounds and assists are a fact.

Thanks for posting that. Jokic to his credit seems to notice what's going on all around him.

Did notice that he didn't mention anything about Edwards and Towns lighting them-up and didn't really answer anything regarding Denver's defense. The Denver reporters didn't want to touch it either.

Though maybe he did in that involved answer in Serbian.;)

From The Athletic

A big (man) problem: Jokić struggles again​

As deeper Denver issues go, it doesn’t get any bigger than the prospect of Jokić struggling. And for the second straight game — this time without Timberwolves center Rudy Gobert down low— Jokić was pedestrian (by his standards) yet again. He finished with 16 points (5 of 13 shooting), 16 rebounds, eight assists, four turnovers and a minus-16 mark, this after he shot just 11 of 25 in Game 1 while giving up seven turnovers (he had 32 points, nine assists and eight rebounds).

With Gobert missing Game 2 because of the birth of his first child, conventional wisdom would have one think that it would have been much easier for Jokić to work his magic this time around. But Towns (two blocks and a plus-21 mark to go with his 27 points and 12 rebounds) wasn’t having it, as the 28-year-old played the kind of physical defense that should change the way we talk about his game. Naz Reid (four blocks) did the same. Kyle Anderson, who started for Gobert, was effective as well (six points, nine rebounds, eight assists, one block, two steals and a plus-13 mark).

Jokić has looked uncomfortable, and out of sorts, in both games of this series. And for the first time since the 2022 playoffs, when the Nuggets fell to Golden State in five games in the first round, Jokić is failing to solve a postseason puzzle.

“If you guys watch (Minnesota’s) previous series against the Suns, they’re doing the same thing,” Jokić said. “They’re really into the body. They play really good defense. They played really good defense the whole season. That’s why they’re the No. 1 defense. They’re aggressive. They’re pushing the spot, all five (players) are aggressive. They know what they’re doing, and that’s why, probably, it’s hard to score.”

Looked at some betting sites. Wolves now have the 2nd best odds to win the title. Nuggets down to 6th best odds.

Murray will be suspended. He threw two items at a referee, one of which created a safety problem on the floor.

There's almost no conceivable way the NBA will not protect the refs and send a message about court safety.

It would seem to set a bad precedent to allow a player to throw things on the floor during play. And only penalty is a fine

Tim Legler (sp) on the Dan Patrick show said he expects Murray to be suspended. The NBA will feel they have to set a precedent even if they don't want to.

Tim Legler (sp) on the Dan Patrick show said he expects Murray to be suspended. The NBA will feel they have to set a precedent even if they don't want to.
Can't he appeal it, and then it runs into next season?

Since they are probably going to be without their other point guard, I sense them just fining him.

I hope I'm wrong.

Not sure if it's true, but there is a rumor that Michael Jordan is coming to game 3 with a special guest.

That guest would be Kevin Garnett. The place will be certified nuts, but can you imagine that happening before the tip?

RIv1lSe.png
This was my favorite.

I loved his yell.

FWIW - saw this stat on Twitter

In NBA history, the Road team has won the 1st two games of a 7-game series 33 times.
the Home team came back to win that series 5 times.
so teams in the T-Wolves' situation are 28-5 in winning the series.

the odds clearly favor the Wolves - but the math says the Nuggets still have a 15.2% chance of winning the series.

would have to do further research to see how the odds change after game #3.

Hope y'all like Ants smile, it’s gonna be everywhere soon
Is there anything we can do to try to keep him here?

At least call A-Rod or whoever tries to take Ant away a scumbag...? I mean do we have to bend over and enjoy it? And be excited about some draft picks or something else retarded....?

At least call A-Rod or whoever tries to take Ant away a scumbag...? I mean do we have to bend over and enjoy it? And be excited about some draft picks or something else retarded....?
WTF are you talking about? He's signed for another 5 years.

I'm just curious, but you feel the same worries about keeping me on this message board, right?

Top Bottom