All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

10 steals and 12 blocks vs. 5 & 4

Pretty hard to not kick someone’s azz if you shoot the ball halfway decent

And it’s cool that his team stepped up for Rudy and his family.

I’m betting Rudy kills it Friday

He's been burned too many times in interviews. He got 27 and 12 tonight Wonder how much credit he's gonna get from the TNT crew?

Well Barkley started it out whining about KAT.

He made up for it when he said the series is a wrap and we’re going to sweep 🧹

Last edited:

The Timberwolves are faster, longer, and more athletic than the Nuggets.

Without Jokic setting people up for open 3s, their offense is has nothing.

The Timberwolves are faster, longer, and more athletic than the Nuggets.

Without Jokic setting people up for open 3s, their offense is has nothing.
Most teams have to double Joker and it leaves the other open looks; no double no open shots. Murray can get his own, but no one else on their roster.

a heck of a performance. NAW was nuts on defense.

having said that, SloMo was driving me bonkers with some of his shooting and passing decisions. and the team got a little sloppy with their offensive possessions in the 3rd quarter. But they still won going away on the strength of their defense and just out-working the other team.

Denver is still the defending champs. i have to think they'll come back with a better effort on Friday. Wolves had better be ready to match the intensity.

Barkley says it's a Wolves sweep, guaranteed.

Edwards, Towns lead Wolves' 106-80 blitz of Murray, Jokic for 2-0 series lead over champion Nuggets​

DENVER -- — The Minnesota Timberwolves, led by Anthony Edwards and Karl-Anthony Towns, overpowered the Denver Nuggets on Monday night in a stunningly efficient 106-80 thrashing of the reigning but reeling NBA champions.

“We’ve had some really good defensive efforts this year,” Wolves coach Chris Finch said after his team took a surprising 2-0 lead in the Western Conference semifinals. “That has to be right up there with the best of them."

The Wolves held Denver to an ugly 29-of-83 shooting night, and the most impressive thing about that was the absence of their best defender, 7-foot-1 center Rudy Gobert, who was back in Minneapolis for the birth of his son.

Gobert's fingerprints were all over this masterpiece, Finch suggested.

“Rudy's driven the defensive culture here. I think it's a testament to his impact, his presence and what he's infused into the team of how important defense is and how great it can be when we play it," Finch said. “That aside, we expect to win no matter who's with us and who's not.”

Towns and Edwards both scored 27 points as the Wolves improved to 6-0 in the playoffs and gave themselves a chance to close out the fuming Nuggets with wins Friday night and Sunday in Minneapolis..

Murray should be sitting at home Friday night working on his step back with a heat pack. The NBA better suspend him.
Reading Marc Davis' comments after the game, he seemed to imply that it's not a big deal since he didn't try to hit anyone with it.

Top Bottom