All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Edwards breaks his 0-22 streak and nails a 3 pointer!

Wolves up 14-12.

Wolves over the Raptors by 16 at the Half, 58-42.

While OKC, without SGA, is losing to the Celtics 77-70 in the 3rd.

Last edited:

Wolves over the Raptors 91-60 (!) after 3 Quarters while Boston is leading OKC 116-90 with 6 minutes left in the game.

Warren, Morris and McLaughlin are starting the 4th along with Rudy and McDaniels. And two minutes in Garza comes in for Rudy.

Followed by NAW for McDaniels.

It's now 107-66. Nice to see Finch have some confidence in that lead.

Good night for the Wolves. They blowing out the Raptors and Oklahoma City is getting blowout by Boston.

Boston will have home court through the NBA playoffs including the NBA finals.

Minnesota wins over Raptors. They back on top of the Western Conference. Tie with Denver and a full game up on Oklahoma City.

Minnesota also clinches home court in the 1st round of the playoffs. They will finish in the top 4 of the West.

Wolves win 133-85. Not only has OKC lost but Phoenix is hosting Cleveland and the Pelicans are trailing Orlando with 4 minutes left in the 4th.

Edit: Orlando holds on and beats the Pelicans 117- 108.

Last edited:

Wolves win 133-85. Not only has OKC lost but Phoenix is hosting Cleveland and the Pelicans are trailing Orlando with 4 minutes left in the 4th.

Edit: Orlando holds on and beats the Pelicans 117- 108.

Another surprising win without KAT!

The Wolves are now a surprising
13-4 .765% - without KAT, and Rudy for 2 of the losses
41-19 .683% with KAT

The wolves were up by 30 at the start of the 4th against a team with seven available players and Rudy was still out there. Finch does that with his key players and I don't know why.

Wolves and Denver tied for the top spot with OKC a game back.

Denver plays the Clippers tonight. Friday OKC is at Indiana and the Suns and Wolves play in Phoenix.

Being back in a pennant chase is a lot of fun. Maybe not for long time "Minnesota teams will always lose" Though maybe more fun for those who never watch the game and only see the scores?

Barkley and Kendrick Perkins are believers. Yesterday, Barkley on Dan Patrick and Kendrick on ESPN both said that if Edwards can keep them in it until KAT comes back the Wolves should be favored to win the West and Edwards should be the MVP..

Me too.

Last edited:

Jim Boeheim is on the Dan Partick Show now. They started by talking about the greatest basketball player ever. Boeheim said "Michael Jordan. Period."

Then he went on to say that the only player now that resembles him and maybe has a chance to "get there" is Anthony Edwards.

Last edited:

Jim Boeheim is on the Dan Partick Show now. They started by talking about the greatest basketball player ever. Boeheim said "Michael Jordan. Period."

Then he went on to say that the only player we say now that resembles him and maybe has a chance to "get there" is Anthony Edwards.
Ant's problem is he turns off and on his killer instinct. Some games he gets bored. Maybe MJ did that too early in his career, havent looked into it. But i doubt it

Ant's problem is he turns off and on his killer instinct. Some games he gets bored. Maybe MJ did that too early in his career, havent looked into it. But i doubt it

Ant does do that but still think that is more of the defense focusing on him and taking him out of the game. He finally is waking-up to the fact that there are times he needs to step back and pass the ball and help his team win. He's only 22 so gotta hope that continues. Unlike Jordan's Eastern Conference the present Western Conference is full of good teams. Kinda like the Western Conference was back in Jordan's day.

Jordan? Doubt that he ever turned off his killer instinct. His teammates have often said that why Jordan had a fierce desire to win but his desire to dominate and keep scoring was even stronger.

Jordan's desire not to give his teammates any credit for winning was probably his strongest desire of all.

Edwards just talked about that after last night's game. "Usually these games I come out and have no energy and look like I don't want to be here, and Finchy has been getting on my ass about that......So I tried to come out with the approach that I would take as if we was playing a team that was super good".

One would think a game as comically lopsided as this one would make it impossible to learn anything about the Timberwolves and their chances to make a run in the looming Western Conference playoffs.

Then Anthony Edwards turned around at his locker and uttered perhaps the most meaningful, consequential, and for the Timberwolves and their fans, exciting words of their season to date. Edwards, the rising star and emerging leader of the No. 1 team in the West, was asked where he has seen the most growth from a season that began with a loss in Toronto more than five months ago.

“I think trusting Rudy,” Edwards said after breaking out of a three-game shooting slump with five 3-pointers in Minnesota’s 133-85 victory over the Raptors on Wednesday night. “I think that’s the main thing. However many players on the team that plays — me, Nickeil, Mike, SloMo, Jaden, Naz, KAT — we all trust Rudy, like, together.”..
“He’s like my brother. We talk all the time. He texts me, we text all the time,” Edwards said. “I think everybody pretty much has 100 percent trust in him now at this point. He makes the right play every time.”

That is the key to everything for the Timberwolves..

Tonight's game should be fun! Just hoping I can stay awake for the whole game.

Wolves are out in Phoenix tonight, OKC is at Indiana, New Orleans hosts the Spurs, Warriors are in Dallas and the Clippers follow last night's Denver win by hosting Utah.

Wolves are out in Phoenix tonight, OKC is at Indiana, New Orleans hosts the Spurs, Warriors are in Dallas and the Clippers follow last night's Denver win by hosting Utah.

Wolves essentially 2 games ahead in the loss column because of tie breaker.

Top Bottom