All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Now that's idiotic.:drink:

If the 5-3 was wrong what do you have them going?

You're taking this April Fool's thing to heart aren't you?

It's idiotic? You said it yourself that every victory without Towns is a surprise.

I think 5-3 is the worst they will do. So what do you have the Wolves going down the stretch without Towns?

It's idiotic? You said it yourself that every victory without Towns is a surprise.

I think 5-3 is the worst they will do. So what do you have the Wolves going down the stretch without Towns?

So the worst they can do is what you predict?

Why? You didn't answer mine.

And you wonder why you have a reputation as a troll?:LOL:

I gave you more than you gave me, like usual.

You throw out moronic statements, can't back them up with any data, make demands of other posters but refuse to hold yourself to the same standards.

I gave you more than you gave me, like usual.

You throw out moronic statements, can't back them up with any data, make demands of other posters but refuse to hold yourself to the same standards.

Trolling on 2 threads at the same time on April Fools Day. Seems about right.

Are you like this around your friends in real life or only on line?

Tonight the Wolves host Houston.

Houston Rockets
No injured players
i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAME, POSSTATUSEST. RETURN DATE
Karl-Anthony Towns
C
OUTApr 9
Jaylen Clark
G
OUTApr 3

I haven't seen any news on Towns...aren't we nearing the one month timeline when he was going to be re-evaluated?

I haven't seen any news on Towns...aren't we nearing the one month timeline when he was going to be re-evaluated?
Got hurt March 7, but didn't have Surgery until the 12th.

I'm guessing another 10 days until we hear anything.

If he's not 100% in 2 weeks, I'm almost hoping they go without him in the playoffs.

Lots of blame to go around, but this is one of those games where it is frustrating watching McDaniels. He was horrible.
He will determine the wolves fate in the playoffs in my opinion.

If he's brutal, the wolves are toast.

If he plays well, the wolves can beat almost anyone.

Teams will start out leaving him basically open. If he can't make a 3, Ant will be under even pressure.

Wolves have their lowest scoring quarter of the season and go into the 2nd Quarter down 23-16.

They have now missed 13 straight 3 pointers.

With 23 seconds remaining in the 1st Half Edward's gets his first 2 points. From the free throw line.

Wolves though make a big comeback in the 2nd Quarter and go into Half Time up over Houston 54-45.

Edwards comes back to life in the 3rd and the Wolves hold service heading into the 4th with that same 9 pt margin, 81-72.

Last edited:

Wolves beat Houston 113-106 on the back of a great 2nd Half by Edwards.

After winning 11 in a row Houston has now lost their last two. The Wolves have won 5 of their last seven.

Wolves host Toronto, who lost to the Lakers tonight, tomorrow night.

After Sunday's loss to the Bulls, Anthony Edwards said he had some tired legs. As Tuesday's game against Houston unfolded, it didn't look like a day of rest helped that situation.

But Edwards' legs were working just fine when the Wolves needed it most.

Edwards struggled to shoot all night, but he exploded for two dunks late to cap a 113-106 win over the red-hot Rockets, who had won 11 of 12 coming into the night.

Edwards had just two points in the first half and didn't make a field goal until there were 6 minutes, 16 seconds remaining in the third quarter. He finished with 21 points on 5-for-16 and went his third consecutive game without hitting a three (0-for-6).

NBA standings

But he saved his best for last, exploding for a dunk with just under a minute to play to seal a game that became close in the final minutes. Houston had cut a 98-83 Wolves lead to 101-100 before Mike Conley hit a floater and the Wolves got a stop at the other end.

On the next possession, Edwards found a crack in the defense and drove down the lane for an authoritative dunk that put the Wolves up 105-100 with 50.9 seconds to play.

He then capped the night with a steal and another dunk and went 11-for-11 at the free-throw line.

For the rest of the night, his teammates picked him up.

BOXSCORE: Timberwolves 113, Houston 106

Naz Reid awoke a slumbering offense in the first half on his way to 25 points and six rebounds while the bench took over from there. Kyle Anderson provided a spark late in the third and early in the fourth with 13 points while Jordan McLaughin stayed hot from the outside with 11 points and 3-for-4 from three-point range. Jalen Green had 26 to lead Houston.

Wolves beat Houston 113-106 on the back of a great 2nd Half by Edwards.

After winning 11 in a row Houston has now lost their last two. The Wolves have won 5 of their last seven.

Wolves host Toronto, who lost to the Lakers tonight, tomorrow night.

Wow another surprising win without KAT!

The Wolves are now
12-4 .750% - without KAT, and Rudy for 2 of the losses
41-19 .683% with KAT

These wins are so surprising!!

Last edited:

These pathetic first quarters will not work in the playoffs.

I just don't get it.

These pathetic first quarters will not work in the playoffs.

I just don't get it.
Ant and Jaden seemed to be doing everything to give this one to Houston in the 4th. We were pulling away and then...five missed 3's in a row and a few turnovers. Luckily, Houston couldn't stop fouling Ant. Great games by Naz and Anderson.

I don't mind being wrong about players as long as they are "our" players and I'm wrong about them sucking. McLaughlin is now shooting 51% from 3 and 48% overall on the season. I had him pegged as a decent third-stringer and nothing more. Dude is on fire and is a big reason why losing Kat hasn't really hurt them.

Conley out for tonight’s game.
Taking a look at Toronto's roster might be why Finch is resting him.

Toronto Raptors

NAMEPOSEST. RETURN DATESTATUSCOMMENT
Kelly OlynykPFApr 5OutApr 3: Olynyk won't play in Wednesday's game versus the Timberwolves due to rest purposes.
D.J. CartonGApr 5OutApr 3: Carton (ankle) is out for Wednesday's game versus the Timberwolves, Josh Lewenberg of TSN.ca reports.
Bruce BrownSFApr 3Day-To-DayApr 3: Brown (knee) is doubtful for Wednesday against Minnesota, Josh Lewenberg of TSN.ca reports.
Ochai AgbajiGApr 5OutApr 3: Agbaji (hip) has been ruled out for Wednesday's game against the Timberwolves, Aaron Rose of SI.com reports.
RJ BarrettSGApr 5OutApr 3: Barrett (knee) will miss Wednesday's game against the Timberwolves, Josh Lewenberg of TSN.ca reports.
Chris BoucherPFApr 10OutApr 1: Boucher (knee) has been ruled out for Tuesday's game against the Lakers and remains out indefinitely, Blake Murphy of Sportsnet.ca reports.
Jakob PoeltlCApr 7OutMar 26: Head coach Darko Rajakovic said Tuesday that Poeltl (hand) has been doing some light on-court work but still hasn't been cleared for contact, Josh Lewenberg of TSN.ca reports.
Scottie BarnesSFApr 7OutMar 26: Head coach Darko Rajakovic said Tuesday that Barnes (hand) has been doing some light on-court work but still hasn't been cleared for contact, Josh Lewenberg of TSN.ca reports.
Jontay PorterCApr 10OutMar 25: Porter has been away from the team because he's the subject of an NBA investigation into irregularities on prop betting involving him, Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN reports.

Timberwolves

NAMEPOSEST. RETURN DATESTATUSCOMMENT
Jaylen ClarkGApr 5OutApr 3: Clark (Achilles) won't play Wednesday against the Raptors.
Mike ConleyPGApr 5OutApr 3: Conley has been ruled out for Wednesday's game against the Raptors due to rest purposes.
Karl-Anthony TownsCApr 9Out

Top Bottom