All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

As bothered as I am by what happened tonight, I am utterly astounded that Kia chose to fund and produce an ad campaign centered around Draymond Green. Like they aren't exactly the most stable automobile company out there right now. Why hitch your wagon to that asshole?

I called it before the series here...kind of. I said their two bigs are legit and play well against us. It's happening.
I said the same thing, too, but still thought we'd win it.

I couldn't have dreamed of Ant being this dreadful. If he's just average both games, we are up 2-0

They're down 2. And I think I can say the only guy who has played well in each game is frickin' Kyle Anderson.

It's not likely, but if they can turn this around, it's gonna be epic.

They're down 2. And I think I can say the only guy who has played well in each game is frickin' Kyle Anderson.

yeah well unless they pull an Iowa and start kicking Dallas in the balls, it’s over. That said, the Wolves should kick Donkey in the balls.

Getting swept would be better than winning a couple of games. I still think we need more offense to go all the way.

Right. Refs missed a critical call in a critical moment. It's the Minnesota sports way.
Wolves choked a 5 point lead with a minute and half to go is more the Minnesota sports way.

You and I felt it coming from a mile away.

Ref is looking directly at it.....
Ref #15 needs a strong kick in the balls too. If he was at the old Met he’d have been clocked by a few beer bottles. That Dallas $$$, though.

Despite all the bullshit, the Wolves still had a shot to win.....and then Edwards throws the ball away instead of hitting the dagger. That play is the #1 reason the game was lost. That was the most pivotal play, IMO. Edwards blew the game right there.

McDaniels should never have been trapped on the baseline like that. Wasn't that also Edwards' shitty pass that put McDaniels there? No shitty pass, no Irving missed foul, no controversy.

Dallas has Doncic. The Wolves have no one on his level. Certainly not Edwards. Maybe one day he will get there. But he's not even close right now.

Okay. I vented. Now to remember that I don't really care that much about the NBA anyway. :LOL:

This is also what is killing us:

Wilt Gafford and Shaq Lively went for 30pts, 14rbs, 5 blocks on 14-16 shooting.

Gobert and Towns go for 31pts, 17rbs, 1 block on 10-26 shooting.

I know a lot of those are dunks........but this can't happen. We are being brutalized inside. Ant and Towns are playing like azz.......and yet we are right there.

So damn frustrating.

We aren't tired. We are pissing down our pants.

What is Finch even talking about?
Read that one again. He wasn't using tiredness as an excuse. He was pointing out that you can't do that in the Western conference finals and that Dallas has played just as many games

Last edited:

Dallas is killing us when it comes to the drive. They get in the middle and find someone for a dunk or a good look outside. Kyrie is killing us on layups and floaters while Doncic has his Pull-Ups.

We just aren't as effective in completing the play when we drive. Some of that I don't fully understand but I will say that Doncic is amazing at finding the right person to pass to when he drives. We've got good players obviously but no one at his level right now

He played pretty well on defense and his numbers were also decent. Problem was when the Wolves had the ball Dallas didn't even bother to guard him. Either daring him to shoot or they honestly didn't think he was capable of hitting a shot so why bother?

Even the announcers started pointing it out and Anderson has made them pay for it for 15 minutes in the first half of game one.

That meant Dallas could double team Ant and KAT or they could drop a guy into the middle making rebounding and driving to the basket very difficult. Don't play him and there goes a solid defender. Do play him and it's 4 on 5 on offense for the Wolves.

Add in the fact that McDaniels went 1-6 and 0-3 from 3 and Wolves were playing 4-5 on offense all night

Last edited:

These games have been awful for Wolves fans. It feels like they're been blown out twice at home.

Though as Dave Sinykin and Trent Tucker just pointed out Dallas beat them twice by a total of 4 points. Four.

Am I optimistic that they are heading for the NBA Championship? No.

Should we be happier that they are so close to it? Sure, but won't be happier just yet.

better team won. team that made fewer mistakes won. team that played smarter and more efficient on offense won. team that played better in the final minutes of the half and the final minutes of the game won. team whose superstars made clutch plays won.

Look - the Wolves season has been fun. but before the season, I don't think a lot of people thought the Wolves were going to roll into the NBA finals. this team lost in the 1st round last year. Now they're in the Western Conference Finals. that is progress. and the Wolves are not a perfect team - they have flaws. If the GM can find a way - working with all of the salary cap/luxury tax concerns - to improve the team, they can be back in the same place next year with - potentially - a better chance to advance.

enjoy it for what it is - not for what it is not.

Indiana is choking away game 3 to Boston.

Boston 1 win away from the NBA finals.

Last edited:

better team won. team that made fewer mistakes won. team that played smarter and more efficient on offense won. team that played better in the final minutes of the half and the final minutes of the game won. team whose superstars made clutch plays won.

Look - the Wolves season has been fun. but before the season, I don't think a lot of people thought the Wolves were going to roll into the NBA finals. this team lost in the 1st round last year. Now they're in the Western Conference Finals. that is progress. and the Wolves are not a perfect team - they have flaws. If the GM can find a way - working with all of the salary cap/luxury tax concerns - to improve the team, they can be back in the same place next year with - potentially - a better chance to advance.

enjoy it for what it is - not for what it is not.
I don't feel like the better has won.

I feel like it's all on us for what is happening.

That's what sucks. I can't blame Dallas for the taking the two gifts we handed them.

Top Bottom