All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

The cap savings of trading/cutting Cook are only ~$5 million in 2022. So I'd only trade him for a 2nd rounder or better, which I'm not sure you can get. Otherwise he's worth keeping one more year.
The 9ers RB Elijah Williams was a 6th round pick and set their rookie RB record.

Short if someone being an AP type frame, I’d never draft one before the 5th round.
Also remember what the Broncos acheieved with Davis, Mike Anderson and the other guy whi was an undrafted FA and all those guys were 1000+ rushers in addition to their other accolades

The Vikings officially butchered this. You don't go this far down the road with someone like Harbaugh and not close the deal. The new coach will now be a huge letdown and have zero honey-moon.

The Vikings officially butchered this. You don't go this far down the road with someone like Harbaugh and not close the deal. The new coach will now be a huge letdown and have zero honey-moon.
He is going to have a huge honeymoon because it’s a complete rebuild

It is worse than 2011 If they offload cousins without a similar quality replacement
The defense is in shambles all over the field. The middle of the offensive line sucks balls. Theilen is close to done. Total rebuild. 100% rebuild.

I am honestly fine with that. My biggest concern with Harbough was that he would prefer to compete now and they would try to run it back with some slight adjustments. I think Harbough is a good coach and would have definitely been able to get the Vikings to the playoffs, but I think the ceiling on the team would have been the divisional round at best. There is a need for a rebuild, a need to assess young players, and clear cap. I think that was a lot less likely to happen with Harbough.

Last edited:

The defense is in shambles all over the field. The middle of the offensive line sucks balls. Theilen is close to done. Total rebuild. 100% rebuild.
They have a couple of pieces but by the time they can fix the defense all the pieces except Jefferson are too old

It is worse than 2011 If they offload cousins without a similar quality replacement
If they trade him, they will get Mariotta, Minshew, Teddy etc. as a bridge and draft one in 2022 or 23.

Well, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Squirrely.

This is very disappointing. If they end up with O'Connell, I'll be ok with it though.

But I have this feeling it will be Graham.
Has to be Graham or Morris, now.

I don't really need to say why.

Damn.

Wonder how much what Flores did ultimately factored into this. Would like to think zero. Would like to ...

LOL

1) Flores says teams won't hire enough Black head coaches
2) Graham interviews for 9hrs, knowing that Harbaugh has the job and he's a Rooney rule guy
3) Harbaugh comes to Minn to interview for the job
4) *something*
5) Harbaugh says he's going back to Michigan
6) ........

7) they hire a white guy anyway!!

:ROFLMAO:

OConnell expected to be name HC.

So dumb

Vikes fall for trap of hot OC that doesnt even call plays. Also enamored by SB coach.

Hire a young GM AND a young HC. Brilliant

Has to be Graham or Morris, now.

I don't really need to say why.

Damn.

Wonder how much what Flores did ultimately factored into this. Would like to think zero. Would like to ...
I wondered the same, but Pellisero and others say it's O'Connell, so maybe Harbaugh really did walk away or ask for some insane $ amount.

OConnell expected to be name HC.

So dumb

Vikes fall for trap of hot OC that doesnt even call plays. Also enamored by SB coach.

Hire a young GM AND a young HC. Brilliant
Of the remaining options, who do you want? I'd lean Morris, but he's just as much of a crap-shoot as O'Connell is. And Graham would be totally underwhelming.

Of the remaining options, who do you want? I'd lean Morris, but he's just as much of a crap-shoot as O'Connell is. And Graham would be totally underwhelming.
Morris would be great. HC experience. Did a decent job as a young buck with limited resources. He deserves another shot. Im sure he learned a ton from his time as TB HC

Also no harm in starting over.

Morris would be great. HC experience. Did a decent job as a young buck with limited resources. He deserves another shot. Im sure he learned a ton from his time as TB HC

Also no harm in starting over.
No argument. But who is his OC? If Graham comes with O'Connell as DC it might be a better combo.

Now reading they never made him an offer. This is mysterious. Definitely possible that ownership nixed it after all.

Top Bottom