All Things 2021 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

I presume Chet to the Gophers is a pipe dream. He is announcing tomorrow?

I agree. BIG games can bog down because of phantom calls. Officials take the flow out of the game more often than not.
What's truly amazing to me is that, if you break down film and watch each individual player and match-up, there is literally at least one foul or violation happening in nearly every single half-court possession that doesn't get called. It's kinda like in football where, technically, you could realistically call holding on nearly every single play. Some officials let more stuff go than others for the sake of game flow.

The other thing is the number of times (Not just in basketball) there will be a play and 2 different people, seeing the exact same thing, will swear that they saw something completely opposite of what the other guy saw. One of my favorite things is to sit in one cheering section for the first half of the game and in the other cheering section for the second half of a game and listen as the fans on both sides swear the refs are screwing our team and ignoring all the obvious calls that should be made against the other team.. Quite entertaining!

Is Rebraca really only 6’9”? I thought he was taller.

A Big Ten team having a 6'9" starting center, that played the previous year in the Summit League.

Just different times.

Anybody here the latest on Rebraca? I thought it was promising that he was going for Zoom #2

Baylor's starting lineup was 6'2 6'3 6'4 6'5 6'10. Now granted...they didn't play in the mighty B1G, where I'm sure they would have lucky to finish .500, but they were still pretty good last year.
They also have a much more athletic team than any other team short of the NBA.

He is leaving for academics. And, many prefer the style of play you don’t. It has nothing to do with revenues since Big Ten is tops in attendance and revenue for basketball year after year.
A) Excuse me? UCLA superior to Rutgers in academics. False. B) No offense, but I would and have watched every Gopher game no matter what for decades now. It doesn't mean the product is superior. The Big Ten just has a rabid fan base, that could become even more rabid if the quality and competitiveness of the product improved. Ticket sales have little or nothing to do with the quality of the product. Taco Bell sells a lot of food, but the product is and will make you... you know.

Sounds like a genius plan.

This is exactly what Pitino did, right?
True, but find a post on here where I was opposed to Pitino's plan. He had some huge wins. Convince me that he gets fired if his teams had been healthy --yes, I know, you have to have depth, but you can't convince me that Pitino was a healthy Liam Robbins away from finishing in the top half of the Big 10 this year when it was stacked like never before.

Do refs call 40-50 fouls/game in other leagues? Is the B1G that much more physical or have the refs destroyed a good thing?
B1G has always been a more rough and tumble league. I'm always more worried come tournament time because of that wearing down some and that the fouls are called tighter.

i keep clicking into this thread hoping its going to be about some recruit/offer and in very unsurprising fashion yet again, there is zero evidence of that over the entire last page.

who happen to be the next predicted dominos to fall?

Rebraca then?

:rolleyes: you are in no moral position to dictate commentary, on any thread. Piss off

Start your own free message board, then.
Morality? More like common sense.

You purposely derail every thread you participate in, and then get angry when people tell you to knock it off. You are in dire need of some introspection.

Rebraca's a pretty good offensive player, but if our plan was for him to start at the 5, that would have been a disaster defensively.

Top Bottom