All Things 2021 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

That would be a big get....Interesting that Marcus said it's expected that his uncle is still going to be joining the Gophers staff. I think many on here had given up hope. Cashius entering the portal probably means there is movement on the assistant's job.
I think it is a done deal that both are coming to the U. (my guess)There is some technical delay in the hiring process, but it is happening (A&M contract till May, not renewed, Canada citizenship, etc..). No one at Texas A&M has made any statements to deny the move and the fans are pointing out that A&M has recently signed a player to replace Cashius's spot on the team. All of the stars are aligning for it to happen, just a delay for some reason.

Possibility Canadian Power forward Emanuel Miller, one of the top players for Texas A&M {16.2 points 8.2 rebounds last season} follows coach McNeilly who recruited him for A&M with his strong ties to Canadian Basketball...A&M posting on fan base state coach McNeilly is likely leaving to join the Gophers and some now think Emanuel Miller could join him....

Wow if we bring in that leading scorer as well as McNeilly's nephew that would be a game changer.

Wow if we bring in that leading scorer as well as McNeilly's nephew that would be a game changer.

Do you think that would finally quiet some of the people who have been b@$##ing the last three weeks on Gopherhole about the coaching hire? Even if we don't get those two, i'm very excited for next season. I've said it all along....we are going to be way better than most people on here have been predicting. I don't think we will be playing on Wednesday next year in the B1G tournament.

I think it is a done deal that both are coming to the U. (my guess)There is some technical delay in the hiring process, but it is happening (A&M contract till May, not renewed, Canada citizenship, etc..). No one at Texas A&M has made any statements to deny the move and the fans are pointing out that A&M has recently signed a player to replace Cashius's spot on the team. All of the stars are aligning for it to happen, just a delay for some reason.
They also said when Buzz was hired there, it took "forever" for the staff to be announced.

Do you think that would finally quiet some of the people who have been b@$##ing the last three weeks on Gopherhole about the coaching hire?
BJ told Coyle and Gable that he would be bringing McN onboard and his nephew and a fellow Canadian 4* from A&M?

that would certainly be a hell of a haul.....and would give us a roster to work with for sure.....

With the Metro area, is once again embroiled in controversy, how many mothers want to see their sons move here?
I think that most recruits and their families are cognizant of how other schools in other cities and communities compare to the Twin Cities in terms of safety and crime.

The Gophers may lose a recruiting opportunity or two, but overall those who want to come play in the Big Ten and more specially the Gophers and it's current coaches will make their decision to do so.

I think that most recruits and their families are cognizant of how other schools in other cities and communities compare to the Twin Cities in terms of safety and crime.

The Gophers may lose a recruiting opportunity or two, but overall those who want to come play in the Big Ten and more specially the Gophers and it's current coaches will make their decision to do so.
Do you think that's why Ben Johnson came out with just ONE goal...ONE team...One dream message...to calm anyone's fears/concerns?

Do you think that would finally quiet some of the people who have been b@$##ing the last three weeks on Gopherhole about the coaching hire? Even if we don't get those two, i'm very excited for next season. I've said it all along....we are going to be way better than most people on here have been predicting. I don't think we will be playing on Wednesday next year in the B1G tournament.
It would quiet me that's for sure.

Winning solves everything. You are becoming just as bad as the people you are complaining about. We all want Johnson to win. I am sure you will be the first to tell us how you knew it all along if it happens. Just don't make excuses if it doesn't.

🙏 lets not turn this into more bantering back and forth on the coaching hire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right. It's over he's hired. Now on to the evaluation of his recruiting and this fall to his coaching.

Penn State just reeled in two back

I saw that Brockington returned a few weeks ago. I just saw that Lundy decided to return. Those are two good players but they've already lost four of the seven in the portal (one is still listed as uncommitted) and two or three of their freshmen recruits decommitted some time ago. I also don't see where they picked up anyone from the transfer portal.

BJ really needs to find another Center.
I say we pressure Liam to change his mind and stay, and threaten that he'll have to sit out 2021-22 with the new rule, since he already transferred. 👍

Possibility Canadian Power forward Emanuel Miller, one of the top players for Texas A&M {16.2 points 8.2 rebounds last season} follows coach McNeilly who recruited him for A&M with his strong ties to Canadian Basketball...A&M posting on fan base state coach McNeilly is likely leaving to join the Gophers and some now think Emanuel Miller could join him....

The leading scorer and rebounder for A&M (by a significant margin on both). Another nice feature of that possible acquisition is that he was only a soph this season.

I definitely think things are looking better, but I still am not seeing being out of wednesday. I still feel like we have lost more than we have gained to this point. I am not concerned about not being able to fill the roster, but at this point I don't see this roster being better than 3 other Big Ten teams. Is BJ going to be able to out coach the other B1G coaches in year 1? That's a big call if you say yes.

Top Bottom