All Things 2020 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I realize it's not a cool time for a lot of people. Selfishly...it works real well for me. Toss it on the TV while I sit at my home work setup.

Yeah, this year any time is just with me.

So happy my fav player Arrez, the wade boggs clone, is back, and hitting well. Here is my lineup for tomorrow:

2B - Arraez - L
3B - Donaldson - R
RF - Kepler - L
DH - Cruz - R
LF - Rosario - L
CF - Buxton - R
SS - Polanco - Switch
3B - Sano - R
C - Jeffers - R

Sano strikes out too much to be higher than 8th
Jeffers has been consistent. Garver has looked lost out there at times

Losing the final game actually setup the best first round matchup. I'm not convinced we get through the first round, but it was better than facing the White Sox right away.

So happy my fav player Arrez, the wade boggs clone, is back, and hitting well. Here is my lineup for tomorrow:

2B - Arraez - L
3B - Donaldson - R
RF - Kepler - L
DH - Cruz - R
LF - Rosario - L
CF - Buxton - R
SS - Polanco - Switch
3B - Sano - R
C - Jeffers - R

No bleeping guarantee that Buxton or Donaldson will be available or effective.

The Twins have a pretty good track record of downplaying injuries. they say a guy is "day to day" and he winds up being out for 2 weeks or more.

if Buxton and Donaldson are not in the lineup, the Twins will need to get really good pitching to advance.

2B - Arraez - L
3B - Donaldson - R
RF - Kepler - L
DH - Cruz - R
LF - Rosario - L
CF - Buxton - R
SS - Polanco - Switch
3B - Sano - R
C - Jeffers - R

I like it, but I'd swap Gonzalez for Sano and have him play 1B, rather than 2 third baseman. :cool:. Sano is so lost, I'd only start him against a lefty right now.

No bleeping guarantee that Buxton or Donaldson will be available or effective.

The Twins have a pretty good track record of downplaying injuries. they say a guy is "day to day" and he winds up being out for 2 weeks or more.

if Buxton and Donaldson are not in the lineup, the Twins will need to get really good pitching to advance.
Why do you say that? Donaldson seems like he's a lock to play. Buxton is more 50/50. I know Rocco has downplayed injuries in the past, but Falvey was pretty adamant that he thought they'd be available.

I like it, but I'd swap Gonzalez for Sano and have him play 1B, rather than 2 third baseman. :cool:. Sano is so lost, I'd only start him against a lefty right now.

You can never have to many third basemen, howey.

Yeah I could see starting Marwin at 1B instead of Sano. He has a lot of playoff experience, sano aint great defensively, and Sano's at bats have been awful for the most part.

You can never have to many third basemen, howey.

Yeah I could see starting Marwin at 1B instead of Sano. He has a lot of playoff experience, sano aint great defensively, and Sano's at bats have been awful for the most part.
I know this new age shifting is all the rage, but it seems problematic if they have no one to throw to.

Sano can be an imposing PH threat. That might be all he's good for at the moment. Does anyone know if the 3 batter minimum for relievers is carrying over to play-offs?

Sano's been terrible against lefty's this season. His OPS is about .270 higher against righties than lefty's.

Someone on Twitter brought up a good point earlier today. Each playoff series will be straight through with no days off. There will be a day or two off in between each series. If Odo is healthy, I would think that helps the Twins as they would have five good or solid starters. Not every team is in that situation.
Yes! We got numbers when it comes to starting pitching...althoigh we still lack that fearsome ace.

They activated Alex Kirilloff, meaning he could make his postseason debut in the play-offs. Wonder if that has ever happened.

Also they have 4 catchers on the roster.

:unsure:

Twins lineu

2B - Arraez - L
3B - Donaldson - R
RF - Kepler - L
DH - Cruz - R
LF - Rosario - L
CF - Buxton - R
SS - Polanco - Switch
3B - Sano - R
C - Jeffers - R

Hey, my lineup almost came to fruition. It might have happened if Donaldson wasnt hurt. Has Kepler hit third this year before today? Rocco stole my idea. Also, Jeffers being in the lineup over Garver is telling. Not sure if you'll see Garver in this series.

The Twins' lineup for today's 1 p.m. game (Ch. 5).
Luis Arraez, 2B
Byron Buxton, CF
Max Kepler, RF
Nelson Cruz, DH
Eddie Rosario, LF
Miguel Sano, 1B
Jorge Polanco, SS
Ryan Jeffers, C
Marwin Gonzalez, 3B

Marwin should be higher in lineup, Sano should be 8th or 9th

Last edited:

They activated Alex Kirilloff, meaning he could make his postseason debut in the play-offs. Wonder if that has ever happened.

Also they have 4 catchers on the roster.

:unsure:

You cant keep Tortuga off the playoff roster. (Especially when you have 28 roster spots)

Interesting that Rich Hill is not on roster. He has bullpen experience, and he can get lefties out. Alcala should be on roster over Romo, Stashak, and Wisler. Not sure why you need Odo and Dubnak. Youre in trouble if you need 2 long relievers for 3 games.

and @Ope3, your question above......... From the strib........If Kirilloff plays, he'd be the third man in MLB history to make his debut in the postseason (Mark Kiger, A's, 2006; Adalberto Mondesi, Royals, 2015)

You cant keep Tortuga off the playoff roster. (Especially when you have 28 roster spots)

Interesting that Rich Hill is not on roster. He has bullpen experience, and he can get lefties out. Alcala should be on roster over Romo, Stashak, and Wisler. Not sure why you need Odo and Dubnak. Youre in trouble if you need 2 long relievers for 3 games.

and @Ope3, your question above......... From the strib........If Kirilloff plays, he'd be the third man in MLB history to make his debut in the postseason (Mark Kiger, A's, 2006; Adalberto Mondesi, Royals, 2015)

With La Tortuga's ability to play other positions, I don't disagree with it. Just interesting. As for Hill he went 5+ innings on Sunday, so he would only be able to help in Game 3, and it would be very limited.

Thanks for answering my question on MLB debuts in the postseason. Mike Modano made his NHL Debut in the playoffs for the North Stars. Hopefully Kirilloff has a similar professional career.

With La Tortuga's ability to play other positions, I don't disagree with it. Just interesting. As for Hill he went 5+ innings on Sunday, so he would only be able to help in Game 3, and it would be very limited.

Thanks for answering my question on MLB debuts in the postseason. Mike Modano made his NHL Debut in the playoffs for the North Stars. Hopefully Kirilloff has a similar professional career.

Good point on Hill

Twins lineu

Hey, my lineup almost came to fruition. It might have happened if Donaldson wasnt hurt. Has Kepler hit third this year before today? Rocco stole my idea. Also, Jeffers being in the lineup over Garver is telling. Not sure if you'll see Garver in this series.

The Twins' lineup for today's 1 p.m. game (Ch. 5).
Luis Arraez, 2B
Byron Buxton, CF
Max Kepler, RF
Nelson Cruz, DH
Eddie Rosario, LF
Miguel Sano, 1B
Jorge Polanco, SS
Ryan Jeffers, C
Marwin Gonzalez, 3B

Marwin should be higher in lineup, Sano should be 8th or 9th

Please note, the announcers just said this is the first time Kepler has hit third all season

This just in....Sano is really, really slow.

Hes so huge. I cant imagine that extra weight makes him a better hitter. Get rid of the weight, buddy.

That being said, JJ Hardy is still the slowest position player ive ever seen

Kepler's slide into the plate had to remind everyone of '87, Randy Bush.

Top Bottom