All Things 2020 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I disagree. A below average 1B who hits .200 with power and strikes out 50% of the time is not hard to find. I'd trade him if they can find takers, even if the return is nothing more than a good middle reliever.

Then watch him turn into Ortiz 2.0, lol

Then watch him turn into Ortiz 2.0, lol
Nah. That ship has sailed. David Ortiz hit .300 7 times and hit 35 or more HR's 7 times. He struck out 20% of the time. He was a complete hitter.

Sano is a .246 career hitter who's never hit 35 HR's and who strikes out more than 42% of the time.

Nah. That ship has sailed. David Ortiz hit .300 7 times and hit 35 or more HR's 7 times. He struck out 20% of the time. He was a complete hitter.

Sano is a .246 career hitter who's never hit 35 HR's and who strikes out more than 42% of the time.

Hes also not great defensively. Time to go

I really like the lack of off days during series in the MLB playoffs to test the full rotation/bullpen. 7 game series played over 9 days is bad enough, 5 gamers over 7 days is really a joke.

Ortiz didn't hit .300 or 35 HR's in a season until he was 28.

Sano turns 28 at the beginning of next season.

That's close to what he did last year, in only 105 games. .247, 34 HR's, 79 RBI's.
He will likely hit 35 HR's if he ever stays healthy for a full season. He will never sniff hitting .300 though. .220 with 30 HR's and 80 RBI's while striking out 250 times and playing a mediocre first base just isn't all that valuable. It's the second coming of Adam Dunn, not David Ortiz. Fine to have on your team, but I'd rather spend the $ elsewhere.

He will likely hit 35 HR's if he ever stays healthy for a full season. He will never sniff hitting .300 though. .220 with 30 HR's and 80 RBI's while striking out 250 times and playing a mediocre first base just isn't all that valuable. It's the second coming of Adam Dunn, not David Ortiz. Fine to have on your team, but I'd rather spend the $ elsewhere.
He's a classic DH at best. He's nowhere as good as Cruze on his worst day. As long as Cruze is on the team, Sano will be dead weight.

So, the Twins' path to the World Series was to beat a sub .500 Astros team without Verlander twice at home, beat an A's team that has nothing close to an ace and is without its best hitter, then beat the lunchpail Rays.

This might be a bigger missed opportunity than the Vikings being handed a SuperBowl in their home stadium and getting blasted by more than 4 touchdowns.

The Astros/Rays ALCS is fascinating theater.

The Astros/Rays ALCS is fascinating theater.

How insane would it be for the Astros to win it all? I can't think of a more hated team. Obviously the Yankees are despised but mainly by opposing fans. Other players and teams hate the Astros.

Last edited:

How insane would it be fore the Astros to win it all? I can't think of a more hated team. Obviously the Yankees are despised but mainly by opposing fans. Other players and teams hate the Astros.
I still hate the Astros. Rays ace didn't allow a run through 4, but he put two runners on in the 5th, and he was done. Over- managing backed by analytics. I hate it.

How insane would it be for the Astros to win it all? I can't think of a more hated team. Obviously the Yankees are despised but mainly by opposing fans. Other players and teams hate the Astros.
Presumably they're not cheating this year, so their motivation is redemption I'd suppose. To me they're still one of the best organizations in terms of player development and coaching. Not sure if that makes them cheer-worthy, but it might still make them championship worthy.

Top Bottom