All Things 2020 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I haven't enjoyed a Reusse article in years until today. He stated exactly what I was thinking in that Rocco managed the game like it was August against the Royals. The contrast in the use of pitchers by the two managers was the biggest difference in the game.
Keep in mind that the Astros' approach is largely based on them not having a very good bullpen outside of their closer.

Keep in mind that the Astros' approach is largely based on them not having a very good bullpen outside of their closer.
I don't trust one guy in our bullpen at this point. I'm keeping Maeda in as long as possible and extending it. Also, when one does come in and looks like he is on, like May did, I'm giving him another inning.

I don't trust one guy in our bullpen at this point. I'm keeping Maeda in as long as possible and extending it. Also, when one does come in and looks like he is on, like May did, I'm giving him another inning.
6 from Maeda, one from May and two from Duffy should have been the strategy. I know Duffy gave up the tying run so it still might not have worked.

Still, the pitchers are better then last yrs line up against the yanks. I have hope

No Buxton, says hes not feeling well. WTF.

And they throw poor Kirilloff in the starting lineup of an elimination game? WTF. He hasnt played in a real game in over a year.

As much as Cave drives me crazy, he needed to be in the lineup because hes actually played

Twins just try to kill the ball. Thats not how you win playoff games. Hits, get runners on base, pressure

If they pull Berrios, Rocco can kiss my ass

Berrios pulled after 5 innings.
It's obvious Rocco and/or Falvine are completely subservient to the analytics, and have no interest in using mitigating factors. It's the playoffs. Maeda was doing just fine yesterday. Other than one laborious inning, Berrios was doing fine and just starting to get fired up and into it. Ride 'em until they give you reason not to. I don't care what the analytics say. Analytics will help you over a 162 game season because you have the law of averages that play out. In much smaller samples sizes of one game or inning, those analytics aren't necessarily the end-all be-all.

Just look at Houston- the Twins we not having a lot of success against Urquidy. So in comes the reliever and gives up a hit, walk, and run. Got bailed out by a base running error. Why take him out there?

It's obvious Rocco and/or Falvine are completely subservient to the analytics, and have no interest in using mitigating factors. It's the playoffs. Maeda was doing just fine yesterday. Other than one laborious inning, Berrios was doing fine and just starting to get fired up and into it. Ride 'em until they give you reason not to. I don't care what the analytics say. Analytics will help you over a 162 game season because you have the law of averages that play out. In much smaller samples sizes of one game or inning, those analytics aren't necessarily the end-all be-all.

Just look at Houston- the Twins we not having a lot of success against Urquidy. So in comes the reliever and gives up a hit, walk, and run. Got bailed out by a base running error. Why take him out there?

great post

Rosario you dumb ass. Dont get thrown out in a playoff game. The ump sucks for both teams.

The pitch he was mad about was super close. It was a ball, but its not like it was 4 feet outside

Stashak gives up lead. You dont pitch May, Duffy or Rodgers for two innings, but happy to pitch Stashak.

This is retarted managing.

Rosario you dumb ass. Dont get thrown out in a playoff game. The ump sucks for both teams.

The pitch he was mad about was super close. It was a ball, but its not like it was 4 feet outside
He's a moron. But no one holds him accountable. That's on the manager. But, hey, he's had a "competent" team, so there's no reason to get rid of him.

Last edited:

I'm so over the twins home run swings. So many easy fly balls and pop ups. No line drives

Buxton gets picked off first. Tim Kjurkan on baserunning: "Worst I've seen in 41 years of covering this game."

Great job, Bomba Squad.

Announcers are really getting on my nerves.

Sano with a great scoop and Arraez with a great play for back to back out in the 8th. No shoutouts for either.

Tim K. knows a lot of baseball, but his voice is annoying.

Twins just set a post season losing record that will never be topped.

They just have no players who can do anything when it counts. The starting pitching was great. Outside of that the lineup should all be ashamed of themselves. Bullpen not much better.

No idea what to even do for the future as guys like Kepler, Polanco, Sano, Buxton, will all be in this lineup a long time. They are all fine players in the regular season but fold like a table in the playoffs.

The weird thing is he continues to ignore analytics when it comes to Rogers. He’s been been when pitching in back to back days for awhile.

The ineptness of MN sports continues. Just laughable.

Twins just set a post season losing record that will never be topped.

To me the 2009 game vs Detroit should count as a Post Season win. I understand MLB counts it as the "regular season" but seems silly. If that counted it would only be a 12 game losing streak and 1-19 in the last 20 (would have to count the 2008 gave vs the White Sox).

Much better. ;)

Honestly, once Donaldson and Buxton were injured on Friday nite, I was prepared for this. Again.

If the streak wasn’t in the heads of the Twins players before, it certainly is now. They are gifted an all-home 3 game series against a sub-.500 team that has an abysmal road record. And shit the bed yet again. I was convinced it was the Yankees that were the problem, and playing a “gimme” in the Astros would break the seal and turn this thing around.

When the homers aren’t flying out for the them, this team is slow, strikes out too much, doesn’t take extra bases, and has a generally blasé attitude. They load up with 4 catchers, but can’t stash a speedy late inning base runner on the roster? What happened to bunting and small ball? When the weather turns cold, and the HR’s arent happening, you need to be able to do other things. This team has no idea how to do those things.

Top Bottom