All Things 2020 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Cruz knocks in Kepler from 1st. Early 1-0 lead for the Twins!

Garver looked good there. Emphasis on “looked.”

Im in and out of the game. Didnt know Garver came in until i saw this post. Jeffers has earned that spot. Its not like Garver has had years of production to warrant that change

Im in and out of the game. Didnt know Garver came in until i saw this post. Jeffers has earned that spot. Its not like Garver has had years of production to warrant that change
And Avila came for defense? Might as well have had Tortuga bat if it was just for pinch hitting

and you take rodgers out after 10 pitches. Romo has been struggling. Im worried

Fire that aloof doofus with his beard made of pubes. He's a timid, gutless mouse and his teams reflect that when it counts.

Not completely Rocco’s fault but he couldn’t have managed that much worse than he did.

It wasn't even a high pitch count. 91 pitches. He is by far your #1 pitcher. What an absolute joke to not even have out for the 6th in the playoffs.

Fire that aloof doofus with his beard made of pubes. He's a timid, gutless mouse and his teams reflect that when it counts.

Aside from not knowing how to manage a pitching staff, his demeanor is what bothers me the most. You hit the nail on the head by describing him as "aloof".

Which is better than the "condescending" and "arrogant" I'd describe Falvey and Levine.

17 consecutive play-offs. Unbelievable. Rocco didn't have a good game. But he's not getting fired, so no sense wishing for it.

If the Twins don't beat this Astros team this year, I don't know when we do get a playoff win. We fell into the best matchup by finishing third and drawing the Astros in the first round. It almost felt as if the Astros were surprised to win today, they were ecstatic. That is not a good ball club they have in Houston right now. With an error and walk when the game is on the line, I do believe those are cultural errors. Outsiders might look in and think we were just unfortunate, but I truly believe it runs deeper than that. Same thing with Eddie not running out his grounder in the bottom of the 9th to start the inning. I don't care how little of a chance you have of beating that out or if you get thrown out by 90 ft., you sprint out that grounder.
With that said, I still think there's a fair chance to win 2 (Only 2!) games in a row here against Houston.

I like Rocco, but he makes some strange moves out there.

17 consecutive play-offs. Unbelievable. Rocco didn't have a good game. But he's not getting fired, so no sense wishing for it.

Rocco didn't lose all of those games. You don't fire the guy. The Twins have looked competent under him so far.

I know we're the bomba's but why don't we try and do some small ball. We're up 1 run, Buxton is hitting with guys on 1st and 2nd and no out. If you bunt him they likely walk Kepler and the bases are loaded for Cruz with 1 out. Yeah he could ground into a DP but instead what happens...Buxton K's.

I just don't understand needing to put huge crooked numbers up. We go up 2-0 there and the whole mentality of the bullpen shifts to have that cushion.

Also the Twins just don't have, and will never have anyone that is just clutch. Whether it is hitting, fielding, pitching they don't have it.

I haven't enjoyed a Reusse article in years until today. He stated exactly what I was thinking in that Rocco managed the game like it was August against the Royals. The contrast in the use of pitchers by the two managers was the biggest difference in the game.

Top Bottom