All Things 2020 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I think I’d go with Jeffers over Garver right now in the playoffs. Garver’s been terrible at the plate and in the field.

Wonder if Garver is just meant to be a platoon guy. Playing everyday might be too much for him. Jeffers will never be great, but adequate.

At this point, i would rather have Tourtuga be on the roster than Garver. They have 3 catchers, one of them might as well be able to play other positions.

Finally it looks like Kepler is finding his swing. One game up on NYY.

They need Kepler BADLY.

Hopefully Tribe can take 3 of 4 from Whitesox, we sweep the tigers, suddenly things are all tied up. Would rather not play Yankees here or there.

I think I’d go with Jeffers over Garver right now in the playoffs. Garver’s been terrible at the plate and in the field.
Rocco seems pretty dead set on Garver. Same with Rodgers remaining the closer with an ERA near 5.

They need Kepler BADLY.

Hopefully Tribe can take 3 of 4 from Whitesox, we sweep the tigers, suddenly things are all tied up. Would rather not play Yankees here or there.
Even then, we don't have the tie-breaker. Very unlikely we're doing anything but playing the Yankees at this point.

Rocco seems pretty dead set on Garver. Same with Rodgers remaining the closer with an ERA near 5.
Do we know who the closer is, at this point (if it's anybody)? Rogers worked the 8th last night, Romo the 9th. Granted, it wasn't a technically a save situation.

Even then, we don't have the tie-breaker. Very unlikely we're doing anything but playing the Yankees at this point.

good point. Twins would have it wrapped up if they didnt play like $hit vs tigers and royals

Do we know who the closer is, at this point (if it's anybody)? Rogers worked the 8th last night, Romo the 9th. Granted, it wasn't a technically a save situation.
True. I'm assuming it still Rogers but we haven't had an actual save situation in a while.

The White Sox series frustrated the hell out of me, but perhaps I was wrong to give up on the division. It's not over yet.

Oh my aching butt. Twins are going to start Homer freakin' Bailey tonight. Yeah, trying to lock down home-field advantage in the first round, and they start a guy coming off the IL who has worked a grand total of 5 innings this season. Great decision.

Oh my aching butt. Twins are going to start Homer freakin' Bailey tonight. Yeah, trying to lock down home-field advantage in the first round, and they start a guy coming off the IL who has worked a grand total of 5 innings this season. Great decision.
Ugh. Bring Dobnak back or do a bullpen game. They really should be starting Maeda tonight and Hill tomorrow but I guess they don't want him to have a whole week off before game 1 of the play-offs.

Doh!

Go Tribe tomorrow. One more loss for Chicago and the Twins control their own destiny.
Of course, it's still possible that after all this, they win the division and still end up playing the Yankees.

Go Tribe tomorrow. One more loss for Chicago and the Twins control their own destiny.
Of course, it's still possible that after all this, they win the division and still end up playing the Yankees.

Was thinking the same thing. Yankees losing, Tribe winning. We'll not only have to overcome White Sox, but also the A's if Twins want to dodge Yanks

current winning pct - games remaining
Tampa Bay .649 - 3 gms left
A's .618 - 5 gms left
Twins .614 - 3 gms left
White Sox .607 - 4 gms left
Yankees .571 - 4 gms left
Cleveland .571 - 4 gms left
Blue Jays .518 - 4 gms left
Banging on Garbage cans .500 - 4 gms left

Not really. The Yankees are pretty much locked in to the 4 or 5. The only way they can go down is if they lose out and the Blue Jays win out.

Not really. The Yankees are pretty much locked in to the 4 or 5. The only way they can go down is if they lose out and the Blue Jays win out.
They’re in 6th right now so don’t understand your logic.

nm- just read the silly rules on seeding this year. Makes it imperative for the Twins to win the division to avoid the Yanks for the first round.

Last edited:

Indians sweep White Sox so Twins control their own destiny for the division.

nm- just read the silly rules on seeding this year. Makes it imperative for the Twins to win the division to avoid the Yanks for the first round.
Yeah, I had the same line of thinking. Doesn't make lots of sense, but those are the rules. Right now the Indians are the team nobody is going to want to play in the first round. Guess who the Twins draw as of now.

Yep. The Astros are locked into the 6 seed despite having the worst record. I agree it's dumb. The #3 spot is the place to be. They're not the same team without Verlander and without cheating.

Yep. The Astros are locked into the 6 seed despite having the worst record. I agree it's dumb. The #3 spot is the place to be. They're not the same team without Verlander and without cheating.
Oakland has the tie-breaker advantage over the Twins, which might be a disadvantage if it means drawing Cleveland.

Hanging onto the idea that divisions matter this year is very dumb. Should have just went with 1-8 rankings.

Hanging onto the idea that divisions matter this year is very dumb. Should have just went with 1-8 rankings.
It mattered only because there is no cross-over. But since the divisions ended up being pretty even, it was unnecessary. The Central ended up being the strongest division after everyone thought it would be the worst.

Top Bottom