All Things 2020 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Eventful weekend so far.

Romo gets a one-game suspension for yapping at Lindor.

Brent Rooker gets hit by a pitch on Saturday and is out for the season with a broken bone in his forearm. May need surgery.

Twins hit 5 HR on Saturday and beat Cleveland.

Odo may be back in the rotation by middle of next week. Twins might go with 6 starters down the stretch and try some piggy-back games where two starters split a game.

Nice sweep of the Native Americans. Should be an entertaining series with the ChiSox.

The Twins continue to be injury plagued. No Rosario or Sano in the line-up tonight. LaMont Wade Jr. playing 1B and hitting 5th. Really, Rocco? That's like when Gardy hit Mike Redmond 3rd on Mauer's days off because "the catcher hits 3rd."

Berrios better hope he has a better 2021 season, otherwise, he’ll be kicking himself for not signing a new contract when offered. Between his late season swoons and 2020 season, he’s pitching himself out of a big payday. 46 pitches through 2 innings right now. Woof.

All of a sudden Dobnak can’t throw strikes. He’s all over the place.

Maybe if the aloof manager would have bothered to at least politely question why they screwed Buxton last night instead of just shrugging his shoulders, it might have lit a fire under this team.
Don't look now, but they're putting themselves in position to be the 4th seed. Guess who's surging on their way to 5th place.

Last edited:

Maybe if the aloof manager would have bothered to at least politely question why they screwed Buxton last night instead of just shrugging his shoulders, it might have lit a fire under this team.
Don't look now, but they're putting themselves in position to be the 4th seed. Guess who's surging on their way to 5th place.
Unless we win the next two games, the division is over and a match-up with the Yankees is almost assured. But we can still lose enough to end up playing it in Yankee Stadium!

Just me or does anyone else prefer afternoon weekday Twins games instead of night/evening? Also, really glad they re-added an FM metro station to go along with The Big Neighbor.

I'm loving Buxton's new found power!!! Wow, when healthy he's turning into an All-Star caliber player we all hoped.

Win Twins!!

And Buxton just knocked his second HR of the game.

Win Twins!!

Kepler hasn’t hit and his terrible throw cost us a chance to double off Dyson, leading to Chicago’s rally.

Kepler hasn’t hit and his terrible throw cost us a chance to double off Dyson, leading to Chicago’s rally.
My disdain for Rocco Baldelli has been stated time and time again, but I'm about at my wit's end with him. Kepler has been putrid in the field and at the plate. And the manager keeps penciling him at leadoff game after game. Same thing with Garver earlier this year. Just because it worked last year doesn't mean it will work this year.

Cost them the game. The division is over now. We're destined to play the Yankees and we all know how that ends.

Last edited:

Angel Hernandez was his usual terrible self yesterday, so I don't have a problem with JD getting tossed.

Plus it was hilarious.

Angel Hernandez was his usual terrible self yesterday, so I don't have a problem with JD getting tossed.

Plus it was hilarious.

Disagree. The Twins are significantly not as good without him both in the line-up and defensively, as pointed out by Cory Provus. This was a critical game in the attempts to win the AL Central. He could have made the difference. He had just let his bat do the talking and should have left at that.

Also, Angel Hernandez was umping at 1B. Dan Bellino was behind the dish and the one that tossed Donaldson.

I've got no issue with what Donaldson did. It's refreshing that someone on this team has a little fire. Maybe if sleepy Baldelli would have sent their best pitcher out for the bottom of the inning instead of pulling back to save guys for the playoffs, they'd have won the game. They're playing like a team that's satisfied just to make the playoffs. And they're likely going to get embarrassed once again at the hands of the Yankees.

I say we tank and try to get the #8 seed,. I'd rather play Chicago/Tampa/Oakland on the road than the Yankees at home.

I say we tank and try to get the #8 seed,. I'd rather play Chicago/Tampa/Oakland on the road than the Yankees at home.

Tampa is the team I want the Twins to avoid if at all possible. They have a plethora of young really good/great pitchers. Given the Twins gaudy record in Target Field, it would be best to try to secure that #4 spot and let the chips fall where they may.

Law of averages with the Yankees? Gotta happen sometime.

Tampa is the team I want the Twins to avoid if at all possible. They have a plethora of young really good/great pitchers. Given the Twins gaudy record in Target Field, it would be best to try to secure that #4 spot and let the chips fall where they may.

Law of averages with the Yankees? Gotta happen sometime.
Law of averages? What are the odds of losing 13 consecutive play-off games to one opponent?

Law of averages? What are the odds of losing 13 consecutive play-off games to one opponent?
Bring 'em on, they're due! Of course, things in motion tend to stay in motion.

Last edited:

Now behind the Yankees in the standings and set for a trip to Yankee stadium. Keep losing and hope Cleveland catches you.

The poop show in Chicago was addressed tonight. This was a desperate team, pinch running in the 6th, emptying the bench. Big hill to climb against Darvish tomorrow night, but if it must be the Yankees again, at least force them to come here.

Top Bottom