All Things 2020 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

This team has struggled so much against lefties this year. Why not bring up a guy like Rooker instead of throwing in a bunch of utility guys into the lineup every time?

Twins take 2/3 from the White Sox. Bert's last game in the booth. Even if it got old in recent years, it won't be the same without him.

Weird baseball question.. I heard an announcer say something the other day that got me wondering. If a pitcher loses control of a pitch and the ball hits the dirt but bouncs high enough over the plate, can it still be called a strike?

No, it can not be a called strike. It is a live ball though, the batter may swing to put it in play, foul it off, swinging strike or get a Hit by Pitch.

No, it can not be a called strike. It is a live ball though, the batter may swing to put it in play, foul it off, swinging strike or get a Hit by Pitch.
Thanks.

Buxton and Donaldson back. Kepler and Arraez out. Uff da.

Max has what I like to call the Rappin' Sammy Malone ailment... a "Gr-gr-groin injury."

Last edited:

MLB has got to address pace of play. The game Weds nite went 3:23 - and it felt like it lasted for 5 hours.

But Manfred has got more important things to do, like eliminate 40+ Minor league teams in time for next year.

Kepler goes on the IL but Rooker is finally getting a shot.

So nice to be able to watch the game today with the volume on. Morneau brings a lot of interesting insights.

The boys might just be coming back around here

Me too. He was always my favorite, I don't get the hate for him sometimes. Good dry sense of humor, always good for a laugh.

It sad they pushed him out. Dick and Bert are twins tv. Its baseball, not rocket science. I want to be entertained, not bored to death by monotone Morneau

Nice little outing by the Randolph Rocket yesterday in game 2. Thielbar with that nifty 1.38 ERA

It sad they pushed him out. Dick and Bert are twins tv. Its baseball, not rocket science. I want to be entertained, not bored to death by monotone Morneau
Yup. I really like Morneau, loved him as a player and in the booth he definitely brings a ton of insight; but damn his delivery is monotone, boring and really kind of awful. Maybe he loosens up as he gets older and gets more comfortable. Smalley isn't a lot better, but he's a little better. I don't care much for Torii Hunter either but at least he's not monotone

It looks like the playoff lineup teams are known in the AL. It's a seeding contest.

Here are the 8 by ESPN Playoff Odds:

Tampa Bay - 100.0%
Chicago - 99.9%
Cleveland - 99.8%
Oakland - 99.8%
Minnesota - 99.5%
Houston - 96.9%
New York - 92.4%
Toronto - 85.5%

The next highest is Baltimore at 8.1%

It looks like the playoff lineup teams are known in the AL. It's a seeding contest.

Here are the 8 by ESPN Playoff Odds:

Tampa Bay - 100.0%
Chicago - 99.9%
Cleveland - 99.8%
Oakland - 99.8%
Minnesota - 99.5%
Houston - 96.9%
New York - 92.4%
Toronto - 85.5%

The next highest is Baltimore at 8.1%
So if the playoffs started today what does the pitching staff look like for the 1st round (3 games)? Probably will be Maeda and Berrios in the first two games, then who?

So if the playoffs started today what does the pitching staff look like for the 1st round (3 games)? Probably will be Maeda and Berrios in the first two games, then who?

Has to be Dobnak. I think it should be 1. Maeda, 2. Dobnak, then Berrios, or you can even make a decent argument for someone else other than Berrios.

Maeda, Pineda, Dobnak, Berrios.

How funny would it be to see the Yankees fail to make an 8-team field?

Maeda, Pineda, Dobnak, Berrios.

How funny would it be to see the Yankees fail to make an 8-team field?

How funny would it be to see the Yankees play the Twins in the first round? :)

Top Bottom