All Things 2014 Basketball Recruiting Thread

Tweet from Doogie. Anybody with info on this guy??

Text from #Gophers source: 6'11" big man Bakary Konate is visiting the #Gophers right now. Official visit. 2014 target.

Tweet from Doogie. Anybody with info on this guy??

Text from #Gophers source: 6'11" big man Bakary Konate is visiting the #Gophers right now. Official visit. 2014 target.

Does anyone care to speculate about the increased interest in additional front court players and the mysterious disappearance of Elliason's game

Marcus blog: Gophers recruiting: Seven-footers Bakary Konate and Anas Osama Mahmoud visit this week

Konate was reportedly a possible late addition to Louisville’s 2014 recruiting class, even trying to join the team mid-semester. Rick Pitino mentioned Konate’s situation at his signing day press conference but didn’t use his name. But Konate didn’t have a qualifying ACT score yet. His eligibility is still in question.

The 20-year-old three-star prospect first started to generate some buzz at the 2009 Nike International Junior Tournament in Berlin. He was only 16 at the time but performed well in an event that included the eventual No. 5 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, Jonas Valanciunas, a Lithuanian center for the Toronto Raptors.

Osama Mahmoud, who visited Georgia Tech last weekend, is more known nationally since he’s rated as high as a four-star recruit and the 69th best player in the 2014 class by ESPN.com. The Orlando Sentinel did a great profile on him last December. He’s been a member of the Egyptian national team for four years.

Here’s a video of one of Konate’s games in a Spanish league in 2011:

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...onate-and-asan-osama-mahmoud-visit-this-week/

Go Gophers!!

Interesting. Wonder if it will shift to GT or UF once he sees our ice/snow.

Uh…didn't Atlanta shut down for an entire week because they had some freezing rain…kids stranded at schools…people sleeping in grocery stores…We can handle 10 feet of snow…they call an inch of snow armageddon…

When Richard was hired everyone wondered if he'd work with his dad every once in a while to land some recruits. I think that's definitely happening, and I like it.

When Richard was hired everyone wondered if he'd work with his dad every once in a while to land some recruits. I think that's definitely happening, and I like it.

Would you say that they're in cahoots on recruits?

Can someone confirm for me. Without any more changes, we currently have 2 open scholarships for next year, correct?

Can someone confirm for me. Without any more changes, we currently have 2 open scholarships for next year, correct?

Seniors: Austin, Malik, Mav
Leaving: Wally
Losing Scholarship: Shell

So we have 5 total. Mason, Martin, and Morris are already signed. That leaves 2 open scholarships.

So what is the deal; any new commitments yet? Perhaps both guests, that would be nice... Anyone know if Oto has finished his degree and graduates this year?

Top Bottom