After 25 years… I’m out

Next year either The Colliseum or at Washington seems like a fun idea!
Also at Cal next year. At Mississippi State in 2027 and at Alabama 2033 also seem like a lot of fun. We'll see if those SEC games actually happen though.

Last edited:

Oh snap I didn't realize Cal was in the mix. I was just telling the GF I would love to go to Cal to watch a game...so many choices!

Been to El Paso, Nashville, and Phoenix. Each one of these were good trips. El Paso 1999 was cool since it had been so long that the Gophers were in ANY Bowl. Nashville 2004 beating Alabama! And the recent Phoenix Bowl.

Gophers have broken all of our hearts many times. But not ready to quite on them. Hey, this year has already been fun. P.J. is the "King of LA".

I sure would like to see more victories agaisnt the Stinkin Hawkeye however.......

I got to cross a Ryman Auditorium concert off my bucket list, and saw the Colts-Titans in the same day.
Who did you see?

Was is Jason Isbell? Looks like he's been doing a residency there.

Last edited:

I have had many feelings similar to the original poster.
I wish that the Gophers would go on a run, but if they go 2 and 3, for example, the question about if this HC is the right one becomes relevant again.

I have had many feelings similar to the original poster.
I wish that the Gophers would go on a run, but if they go 2 and 3, for example, the question about if this HC is the right one becomes relevant again.
Exactly, the piling on is rather odd beating two B1G teams at the bottom. Glad we won, but maybe chill a little. Same people piling on will be bitching at the end of the season if we only get another 1-2 wins the rest of the way.

By the way you are not a true fan for having those feelings 😏

Exactly, the piling on is rather odd beating two B1G teams at the bottom. Glad we won, but maybe chill a little. Same people piling on will be bitching at the end of the season if we only get another 1-2 wins the rest of the way.

At the same rate, I don't get how people are freaking out when we are a missed FG away from beating NC and a botched call by the ref vs Michigan from potentially being 6-1. No one thought we were going to be a powerhouse team this year. Let's see how the next few games go. I've seen a lot of Gopher football in my life and for this to be the season where people freak out....I just don't get it.

Yes how dare fans enjoy the season as it goes on. We should definitely just assume any team we beat stinks and we are deserving of no praise.

I am the first to criticize Gopher teams, especially in recent years. But people like OP need to relax, at the end of the day it really should be fun, this is sports after all.

If you are spending thousands of dollars and your spare time off work + travel, it really should be fun for you regardless of wins and losses. Now you couldn't pay me to watch a meaningless bowl game let alone travel to one, but I am glad there are fans like you who support our team at that level.

I was def down on the team especially after the Iowa collapse but the last 3 weeks are exactly why I gave always liked Fleck despite the annoying rah rah contrivances over the past several years. He gets results. I wouldn't be surprised with 8 wins, and if we are being honest with eachother is probably a pretty good landing considering our schedule.

Especially when you look at our basketball team who is led by an excuse led coach and staff who continue to blame NIL and things outside of their control for their lack luster on court performance.

Also at Cal next year. At Mississippi State in 2027 and at Alabama 2033 also seem like a lot of fun. We'll see if those SEC games actually happen though.
Remember: Mississippi State (starkville, mississippi) is where both Bernie Bierman AND Murray Warmath had their first college head coaching jobs.

It is of great historical significance to the University of Minnesota Football Program!

USC is "at the bottom"? I thought they were ranked #11 in the country when we beat them. Now I find out they're "at the bottom"! Who knew?

Why, then, were all those Gopher fans storming the field at the Bank and having a joyful good time? How odd!

USC is "at the bottom"? I thought they were ranked #11 in the country when we beat them. Now I find out they're "at the bottom"! Who knew?

Why, then, were all those Gopher fans storming the field at the Bank and having a joyful good time? How odd!
Yes it is totally unheard of for teams to be over ranked and fall out of the top 25 👌 The skunks were up 20 on USC at th half and fell apart. They are the same team as last year with a crappy defense minus the #1 overall QB. But I mean if the standings are incorrect please enlighten me.

I'm not sure what fans storming the field have to do with the overall quality of the team, but nice little deflection.

Like I said I'm happy we won, but this seems more of the same from previous years. I know it's shocking that not all fans have the same opinion. Such an odd thing to get all worked up about, but you do you bud.

Beat PSU and we'll have a two-fer for storming the field in one season for sure.

On the other hand beating the Terps would be great as well but no storming for them as of yet.

Yes it is totally unheard of for teams to be over ranked and fall out of the top 25 👌 The skunks were up 20 on USC at th half and fell apart. They are the same team as last year with a crappy defense minus the #1 overall QB. But I mean if the standings are incorrect please enlighten me.

I'm not sure what fans storming the field have to do with the overall quality of the team, but nice little deflection.

Like I said I'm happy we won, but this seems more of the same from previous years. I know it's shocking that not all fans have the same opinion. Such an odd thing to get all worked up about, but you do you bud.

Teams that "fall out of the top 25" (#11, to be precise) are then immediately consigned to being "at the bottom"? The "bottom" of what, exactly?

As far as storming the field is concerned, I can see how it would make you uncomfortable. Too much enthusiasm. Very unseemly.

That said, I'm glad you're enjoying this Gopher football season — in your own way.

If you are spending thousands of dollars and your spare time off work + travel, it really should be fun for you regardless of wins and losses. Now you couldn't pay me to watch a meaningless bowl game let alone travel to one, but I am glad there are fans like you who support our team at that level.
I have to say, taking my kid to the Quick Lane bowl last year was one of the most fun experiences we've had.

Teams that "fall out of the top 25" (#11, to be precise) are then immediately consigned to being "at the bottom"? The "bottom" of what, exactly?

As far as storming the field is concerned, I can see how it would make you uncomfortable. Too much enthusiasm. Very unseemly.

That said, I'm glad you're enjoying this Gopher football season — in your own way.
USC drops from No. 11 to somewhere below 25 after a loss to Minnesota. Ohio State loses and goes from No. 3 to No. 2. Who is running these polls, CNN?

USC drops from No. 11 to somewhere below 25 after a loss to Minnesota. Who is running these polls, CNN?
That was CNN's emotional polling after FOX News reported that we actually didn't beat USC. 😉

Top Bottom