After 25 years… I’m out

I've resorted to this with Gopher football: I record the game and watch up to the first half. I then stop watching and watch something else or do something else. Once we are about 4.5 hours after kickoff I look up the Big Ten standings. If we see that we lost, I don't bother watching the second half. If I see we won the game, I watch the second half completely relaxed and enjoying it. I look at the standings, because I don't want to know the score, just whether we lost.

I have basically decided that I'm willing to sacrifice the surprise element, to avoid the misery of watching a loss. Probably weird to most, but it's been a real good move for me. For those at the point of quitting on the team like the OP, give this method a try.
I just watch and assume we are the underdog during most B1G games so if we win it's a bonus! I'm also not opposed to moving on to something else if things start to go bad. I do like your idea however. I'm sure tons of the lifelong Gopher/Minnesota sports fans on here have their various coping mechanisms. It's the only way you can survive.

What's that saying, "Hope for the best, but expect the worst." Haha!

Top Bottom