2022-2023 Other Bowl Games Thread

OSU could give two shits if they run the ball. 10 yards in the first half. .8 yards per carry. My oh my how things have changed over the years.

Given all the calls and no-calls of targeting over the years it’s clear there is no allegiance to the rule as written.

Yes, technically it was targeting. It’s hardly ever called. It shouldn’t be in a low speed incidental contact situation going to ground.

Far, far worse hits are not called. I don’t understand the angst from some of you.
What angst? I gave an example of a similar play being called targeting. I didn’t even weigh in on the play you’re discussing. I’m sorry you don’t like me giving an example of a similar play 🤷🏼‍♂️ I don’t know what you want.

And for what it’s worth by rule both were targeting but I don’t think either should have been called as such.

OSU could give two shits if they run the ball. 10 yards in the first half. .8 yards per carry. My oh my how things have changed over the years.

I guess I’m old school in that I think whichever team is able to run the ball well or better should win. Reality doesn’t always match.

From a all B1G ten final to a no B1G team in the final?

Ohio St is going to score 60 if Stroud continues to have that much time.

I'm knee deep in the champagne, but Ohio State sure puts on a show like no one else with its receivers and the cool hand of Stroud. I'd like to see horses like that for Kaliakmanishegood to throw to

I guess I’m old school in that I think whichever team is able to run the ball well or better should win. Reality doesn’t always match.
With the amount of talent these quarterbacks and receivers have it’s almost like it’s changed to whoever can rush them passer better is more likely to win.

I don’t recall seeing a lot of egregious calls but admittedly wasn’t paying attention all game.

You legitimately think that was targeting. Duly noted. Gray area and IMO and by hundreds and thousands of precedent from other crews it was a good no call. That would have been a gift to Michigan, who didn’t deserve to win anyway.
The only egregious calls were the roughing call and replay getting involved in the target and TD call. Had replay stayed out of those two calls it’s a really well officiated game.

When OSU gets called for holding on a first down that was an incompletion so they get 1st and 20 instead of 2nd and 10, do they even care? I say no.

With the amount of talent these quarterbacks and receivers have it’s almost like it’s changed to whoever can rush them passer better is more likely to win.
That and avoid egregious busted coverages and missed assignments

Watch these games today...Gophers have a ways to go.

I'm no OSU fan, but the thought of Michigan kicking the tar out of OSU in The Shoe while going unfefeated, and having to watch OSU win a title while Harbaugh and company sit at home would bring me joy.

Our fellas always play hard though and that gives you a chip and a chair. Maybe not so much against these four teams but pretty much anyone else. It will be nice that Stroud won’t be around next year for us to worry about when we play Ohio State. I worry who will take Smith’s spot at cornerback I don’t think Bishop or Strapp are up for it and I really don’t know who else is next up? I think our pass rush will be better.

A long ways.

Start with an offensive plan built around the idea that the goal os to score every time you get the ball.

I'm no OSU fan, but the thought of Michigan kicking the tar out of OSU in The Shoe while going unfefeated, and having to watch OSU win a title while Harbaugh and company sit at home would bring me joy.
This would be so fun. And the SEC is kicked out of the title game. Win-win.

What a turn of events. Ohio St a second from getting an easy fake punt conversion and then Georgia scores in one play.

I’m still surprised when you see a tOSU player do something unexpected like fall down.

Clearly a great timeout by smart

Question:
If he had called the timeout 7 seconds earlier for the same reason but no one saw the fake happening is it still a good timeout or is it a stupid timeout

They went 72 yards in 1:49 in the biggest drive of the year. Defense is OSU’s Achilles heel.

Top Bottom