2022-2023 Other Bowl Games Thread

If you saw the end of the Arkansas vs. Kansas game there was a targeting call at the end that gave Kansas another opportunity. The NCAA then came out the next day and said it shouldn't have been called targeting. It was clearly targeting per their rule so I was shocked they would say that the next day. I would expect this had an affect on the call at the end of the Michigan vs. TCU game. Here is the link:

There is offensive holding and defensive pass interference on nearly every play per the letter of the rule as well but not called. Gray areas.

Well, it was a hard fought loss for Michigan. Their fans are probably stinging, but I'm sure they'll be good sports about it and settle in here to cheer on a fellow B1G team to victory.

That game left me shaking my head. I was really impressed with TCU's defense, then I look at the stats and they they gave up over 500 yards. Duggan played like hell at times yet TCU had almost 500 yards. I don't know what to think.

They won't say it aloud....but reffing is definitely situational. That targeting likely would have been called earlier in the game. Seeing as when it happened and the severity....I'm not necessarily against the refs not calling it.

Not sure I watched the same play you did.

We see hits to head and neck of ball carriers with crown of helmet while going to ground many times every game. I agree we don’t see it the same way. Apparently the officials agree with me.

That game left me shaking my head. I was really impressed with TCU's defense, then I look at the stats and they they gave up over 500 yards. Duggan played like hell at times yet TCU had almost 500 yards. I don't know what to think.
Think this: The Big 10 is really the Weak 10 when it comes to football. Clearly the SEC is the top, followed by the Big 12 and then comes the Big 10, the ACC, and Pac 10. The playoffs show this repeatedly...and it's not just for football.

I think a bit of arrogance from Michigan coming in. Like I said up the thread, this reminds me of a few Rose Bowls when physical B1G teams couldn't handle the speed and wrinkles of the PAC-10 squad. I think Harbaugh thought he would steamroll TCU on the ground and Michigan's passing attack reminds me of Kill's albeit with a better throwing QB and faster WRs. Scheme is really not that sophisticated.

^ I think you nailed it.

I think a bit of arrogance from Michigan coming in. Like I said up the thread, this reminds me of a few Rose Bowls when physical B1G teams couldn't handle the speed and wrinkles of the PAC-10 squad. I think Harbaugh thought he would steamroll TCU on the ground and Michigan's passing attack reminds me of Kill's albeit with a better throwing QB and faster WRs. Scheme is really not that sophisticated.

No question there was some arrogance (or maybe just underestimating TCU?).

On GameDay this morning, all the announcers were gushing about how Michigan was going to pound the hell out of TCU physically with the Frogs 3-man D-line. I was thinking to myself, Michigan shouldn't have even beaten Illinois at home if not for corrupt refs. Plus, teams like Wisconsin have had great run-stopping defenses with 3-man lines for a long time now. Still, I was surprised at how bad TCU made Michigan look at times.

I think the difference was the 3-4 D by TCU. The TCU DL were very good as well as the LB's. Probably something Micheeegan hasn't seen all season.

No question there was some arrogance (or maybe just underestimating TCU?).

On GameDay this morning, all the announcers were gushing about how Michigan was going to pound the hell out of TCU physically with the Frogs 3-man D-line. I was thinking to myself, Michigan shouldn't have even beaten Illinois at home if not for corrupt refs. Plus, teams like Wisconsin have had great run-stopping defenses with 3-man lines for a long time now. Still, I was surprised at how bad TCU made Michigan look at times.

Yeah Michigan seemed to overachieve. I wonder if there are any great teams this year. Georgia? Let’s see.

Can we put Marvin Harrison Jr. next to JJ in Purple? That kid is goooood.

Yeah Michigan seemed to overachieve. I wonder if there are any great teams this year. Georgia? Let’s see.
I don’t think there’s a “next level” team like Georgia was last year. Some very good teams, but none that will be all time teams. OSU absolutely could win this and it wouldn’t be a fluke after they got punked by Michigan before

Maybe Big 12 football is the way to go. Certainly didn’t hurt TCU.

Top Bottom