2022-2023 Other Bowl Games Thread

Too much time on the clock still. Think it’s gotta be under 2 (or maybe even 1) minute prior to that in college

Yeah, I think it's 5 minutes for NFL (2nd half) and 2 minutes for NCAA. I never get it right.

I get doing that if you have a TO but to just give them an extra 5 yards?

Question. Why didn't the clock stop when McCarthy ran out of bounds around the 7ish yard line?

There was 4:29 on the clock and it was momentarily stopped. It started back up again with no ref signaling it to start. Wasted 25 seconds.
Clock only stays stopped in last two minutes of each half. Clock momentarily stops in other instances to allow ref to spot the ball. Clock then restarts.

That was targeting the other night.

At any rate it was a ridiculous play by the defensive player. Guy is already going down.

Good no call, given intent of the rule.

That was a barn burner. I need a shower.

Michigan robbed by the refs. Can’t say I hate it but shocking nonetheless

The intent of the rule? He lowered his head and used the crown of his helmet to target a guy who was on his way down already. That seems like exactly what the rule was meant to address.

We see similar hits to head and neck area every game. Never called because we all understand it wasn’t targeting with intent to injure and that’s the correct call. Incidental. No risk of harm to defensive player.

A whole lot of questionable coaching decisions by Michigan.

Still one of the better CFP semifinals played.
I think a bit of arrogance from Michigan coming in. Like I said up the thread, this reminds me of a few Rose Bowls when physical B1G teams couldn't handle the speed and wrinkles of the PAC-10 squad. I think Harbaugh thought he would steamroll TCU on the ground and Michigan's passing attack reminds me of Kill's albeit with a better throwing QB and faster WRs. Scheme is really not that sophisticated.

If you saw the end of the Arkansas vs. Kansas game there was a targeting call at the end that gave Kansas another opportunity. The NCAA then came out the next day and said it shouldn't have been called targeting. It was clearly targeting per their rule so I was shocked they would say that the next day. I would expect this had an affect on the call at the end of the Michigan vs. TCU game. Here is the link:

Michigan robbed by the refs. Can’t say I hate it but shocking nonetheless
Both teams got totally jobbed on terrible calls. Helen Keller could have done a better job reffing that game. Congrats TCU!!!

We see similar hits to head and neck area every game. Never called because we all understand it wasn’t targeting with intent to injure and that’s the correct call. Incidental. No risk of harm to defensive player.
Not sure I watched the same play you did.

Incidentally hitting someone with the crown of your helmet is still targeting.

Top Bottom