12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
His first cousin is Rodney Williams, and Rodney's dad (Rashad's Uncle) was a pro athlete. I would imagine they grew up in fine backgrounds, not because of that reason, but because it doesn't seem as if those two families aren't fully well off.

Plus, Rashad had braces a few years back, families in rough backgrounds wouldn't be able to pay to put braces on their kid's teeth.

His first cousin is Rodney Williams, and Rodney's dad (Rashad's Uncle) was a pro athlete. I would imagine they grew up in fine backgrounds, not because of that reason, but because it doesn't seem as if those two families aren't fully well off.

Plus, Rashad had braces a few years back, families in rough backgrounds wouldn't be able to pay to put braces on their kid's teeth.

The Rodney / Rashad relation rumor has been debunked. Not true.

New interview with Vaughn:

Vaughn has made a few visits to Minnesota already this season. The Gophers have certainly grabbed his attention with their surprising start to the season.

"They've been playing well and they've been getting up and down the floor," Vaughn said.

"The visit, it was good. The atmosphere was great, the fans were chanting. They've been looking good this year."

http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=1177

Go Gophers!!

The recurring theme in the interview from above is, he wants to play for a team that gets up and down the court on offense.

He's playing a team close by me tonight so I'm headed down to watch him for the first time pretty excited ! I'll be sure to wear my gopher gear!

Went to the game tonight to watch Rashad and was quite pleased to see quite a few people sporting their Maroon and Gold. They were up against a pretty poor Chisago Lakes team and it was a rough night for Rashad. It was my first time seeing him play live and he didn't show off why he is a top ten recruit tonight in my opinion! I lightly took some stats from the game. 14 pts, 4 assists, 6 boards, 5 blocks, 3 steals, 4 turnovers. He just seemed to pull a Rodney and just disappear in the game. He was obviously the best athlete getting some easy steals and breakaways for lay ups but he didn't make a single jumpshot all game and he shot very poorly from the free throw line. All of his points came from lay ups or free throws. He was pretty sloppy with the ball when he turned it over, not sure what his deal was but all 11 of us that went to watch him were slightly disappointed!

Went to the game tonight to watch Rashad and was quite pleased to see quite a few people sporting their Maroon and Gold. They were up against a pretty poor Chisago Lakes team and it was a rough night for Rashad. It was my first time seeing him play live and he didn't show off why he is a top ten recruit tonight in my opinion! I lightly took some stats from the game. 14 pts, 4 assists, 6 boards, 5 blocks, 3 steals, 4 turnovers. He just seemed to pull a Rodney and just disappear in the game. He was obviously the best athlete getting some easy steals and breakaways for lay ups but he didn't make a single jumpshot all game and he shot very poorly from the free throw line. All of his points came from lay ups or free throws. He was pretty sloppy with the ball when he turned it over, not sure what his deal was but all 11 of us that went to watch him were slightly disappointed!

He has a tendency to really bring it against better competition and kind of coast when he plays bad teams like that. He turns it on when his team needs him to. Very uncharacteristic of him if he didn't make any jumpers though. He's normally good for at least a few impressive long-range jumpers. Sounds like about the worst game that you could have gone to, unfortunately.

That's exactly what we figured. It just looked like he was sitting back and letting his teammates beat them most of the time.

Parts of me can relate to what your saying.

1) Rashad is indeed a bad free throw shooter in general. He's like a 60% FT shooter.
2) His jump shot can be a bit spotty, but once he gets in his groove it's all over.

However the one way I disagree is...

1) He sits back and disappears which I DON'T AGREE with. He's the one player that always has the ball in his hands, always running the break, always blocking shots, and saying for rebounds.

2) Also, he lets his teammates get the team back in the game? I've seen him single handedly lead his team back to win from 15 down. He is basically the whole team along with maybe Var McCullough.

I was saying that's what happened last night. I watched the replay of his game vs apple valley and he was a different player in that game. It was obvious his jumper wasn't falling as he shot somewhere around 0-7, and his teammates were having luck and it was like he was just sitting in the corner letting them do their thing. His team was never down in the game but the opposing team hung with them until about the five minute mark.

I was also at the game he did for sure not give 100% I'm not saying he's not a good player just disappointed to see him stop trying when stuff wasn't go his way he stood in the corner a lot and when a shot went up usually would just run back without trying to rebound . I know rashads a good player would love to have him as a gopher but would love to see more effort !

@isurecruitlists: Rashad Vaughn had head coaches from both Maryland (Mark Turgeon) & Iowa (Fran McCaffery) watching him practice today per his asst HS coach.

Go Gophers!!

Rashad Vaughn is not from Chicago. He was born, raised and lives in Minneapolis, MN.

I was also at the game he did for sure not give 100% I'm not saying he's not a good player just disappointed to see him stop trying when stuff wasn't go his way he stood in the corner a lot and when a shot went up usually would just run back without trying to rebound . I know rashads a good player would love to have him as a gopher but would love to see more effort !

LlspH2o.jpg

Go watch him play better competition. When it comes time for sections, he's going to need some help from his teammates. If he does everything for the team every game they aren't going to progress very much and probably won't have much confidence. Letting them handle things in games they're for sure going to win is a good way to have them ready for when the games count. Again, go see him play good teams if you want to see a show.

Go watch him play better competition. When it comes time for sections, he's going to need some help from his teammates. If he does everything for the team every game they aren't going to progress very much and probably won't have much confidence. Letting them handle things in games they're for sure going to win is a good way to have them ready for when the games count. Again, go see him play good teams if you want to see a show.

Alright thanks I for sure will

UConn ‏@B_WRecruiting
Congrats to 2014 Rashad Vaughn, @ShowtimeMr, on receiving an offer from UConn today.
Retweeted by Rashad Vaughn

UConn ‏@B_WRecruiting
Congrats to 2014 Rashad Vaughn, @ShowtimeMr, on receiving an offer from UConn today.
Retweeted by Rashad Vaughn

I thought Rashad already cut his list down? If so, why are new colleges just starting to get in the mix?

@travishines21: Rashad Vaughn had 28pts, 16rebs, 6blks and 4stls in a win tonight, per @PeteKaffey.

Go Gophers!!

I thought Rashad already cut his list down? If so, why are new colleges just starting to get in the mix?

He was going to but his family told him to slow down. He is still planning to commit somewhere before the start of his senior season so he says.

From Amelia: According to @jeffborzello, Rashad Vaughn will be taking a visit to Iowa St. -- who are expected to go after him hard -- this weekend.

@ISURecruitLists: #Gophers head coach Tubby Smith will watch 2014 Rashad Vaughn tonight & 2015 Henry Ellenson tomorrow per @DarrenWolfson

Go Gophers!!

@sportsbysteger: #Gophers target, Rashad Vaughn had 28 points and 10 rebounds tonight for Cooper in a narrow win, 72-71.

Go Gophers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom