12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopkins wins 85-70 against Cooper. Wright 20, Stribling 17, Chambers 13, Hedstrom 9 and Coffey 5. Vaughn had 36 for Cooper. McCullough added 12 & Kellogg 7

EVerything you said is absolutely true. I would just htink that with him being such a talented local player that Tubby would have a little more contact than it sounds. Seems like other big name head coaches who aren't even in the same state have put significant effort into talking to him.

I think it's pretty common actually that Assistants talk with recruits more then Head coaches. At least in Football I know coordinators usually talk and are closer with recruits then the actual head coach is. I should also add that the Head Coach has a lot to do outside of recruiting obviously. They have to keep track of the current players, speak with the media, plan practices, gameplan for the next opponent etc etc. Tubby still will make appearances at games and will talk to the recruits. But this is why having great assistants is so important.

Reusse column: Late Cooper fade shouldn't deter recruiters of Vaughn

Rashad Vaughn played the full 36 minutes and scored 36 points on Friday night. His Robbinsdale Cooper team lost 85-70 to always-mighty Hopkins.

Vaughn played the full 36 minutes and scored 35 points on Saturday afternoon. Cooper lost 80-70 to Apple Valley, with point guard and super recruit Tyus Jones.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/185764992.html

Go Gophers!!

Can someone photoshop Rashad into a Gopher uniform? I would do it myself but don't know how... I had this request for Tyus too and I got a really good pic!

Tweet from Ken Lien, who runs Minnesota's Mr. Basketball: "Rashad Vaughn Needs to learn/understand team play"

Go Gophers!!

It's not his fault his entire team is terrible.

+1

He shares the ball a lot more when he has talent around him. If my team was losing and I was 100 times better than any of my teammates, I would probably force a few shots too.

It looks like Vaughn will be at the game today: RT @ShowtimeMr: Gopher Game Today

Go Gophers!!

The call to the student section deserves it's own thread for better visibility.

Student Section Alert - Rashad Vaughn will be at tonight's game

Please cheer accordingly:

"We want Vaughn!"

Or whatever, just please let Rashad feel some love.

Vaughn on retweeting spree with all the mentions of the "we want vaughn" chants

some of my favorite he retweeted are these..

Kevin Nelson ‏@RomiDaMan
We want Vaughn chant just started, you hear that @ShowtimeMr ? thats right....WE WANT VAUGHN! WE WANT VAUGHN! #Gophers #futuregopher

Ben Bakk ‏@Bakkanator
Good teamwork student section with the "We want Vaughn" chant! We'd love to see you in a #Gophers uniform @ShowtimeMr

Gopher Nation ‏@GopherNation01
WE WANT VAUGHN!    @ShowtimeMr That's gonna be you hitting those 3's next year!

Steve ‏@zipsofakron
Another "We want Vaughn" chant for @showtimemr from The Barnyard. We really do want him!

Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN
Meanwhile Rashad Vaughn @ShowtimeMr is hearing "We Want Vaughn" chants every other minute. He responds to Gopher fans with re-tweets galore

Dre Williams ‏@VikesFan123
Could see @ShowtimeMr doing the same thing Austin Hollins is doing right now in 2 years. Wearing that same #20 #WeWantVaughn #GoGophers

Not much of news story if one at all but Vaughn tweeted happy birthday to Tre Jones, the younger brother of Tyus, so it looks like they are closer than I personally thought. Didn't seem to me that they had much of a relationship

Rashad Vaughn ‏@ShowtimeMr
Happy Birthday bro @trejones03

Rashad Vaughn ‏@ShowtimeMr
Rodney got so much bounce smh

He must have been watching the game!

How could you not watch this game as any kind of Gopher fan?

This WAS an entertaining game even to a non B1G fan, don't you think? Wins like this thou have to impress Rashad, Tyus and Travis, that 3 guys from the Twin Cities (e.g., Trevor, Joe and Rodney) can lead their home school to victory and gain attention on the national stage. They can have it all and stay home.

If Rashad is half as excited as me from this game he'll announce his commitment any second now.

Hope the game last night shows him how much the gophers need an aggressive wing that can get his own shot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom