12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.

from a few a days ago on twitter, exchange between rodney and vaughn....

Rodney Williams Jr ‏@Will_I_Ams_33
@ShowtimeMr how was the game bro?

Rashad Vaughn ‏@ShowtimeMr
@Will_I_Ams_33 it was good. We won bro

vaughn behind the bench today in front or tyus didnt see reid.... talk about three studs

Hope he doesn't take the lack of a we want Vaughn chant personally.

Hope he doesn't take the lack of a we want Vaughn chant personally.

It was definitely disappointing that we only chanted for Tyus considering we have a more realistic chance of getting Vaughn...

It was definitely disappointing that we only chanted only Tyus considering we have a more realistic chance of getting Vaughn...

No doubt. Should have had a Vaughn and Travis chant too.

There was a Vaughn chant! I also saw Reid and the younger ellenson who looks like a beast!

I heard a couple Vaughn chants. Then again I was in the student section.

I didn't know Vaughn and Rodney were cousins. Kind of makes sense, they are both extremely athletic, good blood lines.

It was right after one of the tyus chants. I was very disappointed that only the student section joined in on these chants...I got up and looked around while chanting it and was expecting others to follow suite, yet nobody did!

Hard to get a chant going today because every recruit ever was there. Not to mention it is still kind of important to cheer for the team on the court too.

These guys will all get their love this year and next (if they don't commit early somewhere else).

seems like vaughn is a little hurt by the lack of we want vaughn chants, he is retweeting all the we want vaughn tweets, so if you have twitter get to it, and show him that we want him!

he retweeted this

Jordan Horn #11 ‏@jhorn11
We couldnt get no "we want rashad" chant?? @ShowtimeMr

We should be giving Rashad and Travis more love than Tyus

seems like vaughn is a little hurt by the lack of we want vaughn chants, he is retweeting all the we want vaughn tweets, so if you have twitter get to it, and show him that we want him!

he retweeted this

I didn't know Vaughn and Rodney were cousins. Kind of makes sense, they are both extremely athletic, good blood lines.

They are not cousins. That rumor started some time ago and it's not true. Chris Monter asked Vaughn about this and in a previous interview (can't find link after a quick scan) Vaughn said that they are not related.

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

Also at the Michigan State game was Robbinsdale Cooper shooting guard Rashad Vaughn, another junior the Gophers are earnestly seeking.

"I like how (the Gophers) play up and down the court," the 6-6 Vaughn said, adding he still has no recruiting preference and hasn't yet decided on official visits. Kentucky coach John Calipari has great interest in Vaughn.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

It was right after one of the tyus chants. I was very disappointed that only the student section joined in on these chants...I got up and looked around while chanting it and was expecting others to follow suite, yet nobody did!

1. For us in the upper deck, it was hard to tell what they were saying. I figured it out after the chant was done.
2. Not everyone follows recruiting so even if they could hear what they were saying, they might not have a clue what they're talking about.

he retweeted this

Next time he is there, hopefully the students make it a point to get a Vaughn and Reid chant going.

@DarrenWolfson: Caught up w/ Rashad Vaughn. The #Gophers will make his cutdown list, but they won't be one of his official visits - knows all about already.

Go Gophers!!

Alex Berngard ‏@AlexBerngard
@DarrenWolfson Will he start taking official visits this winter or save them for the fall?
Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson
@AlexBerngard Still finalizing. Decent chance he takes some this winter though. Said he'll make his announcement before next hoops year.

less than 11 months from a decision

also...

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson
Every time I talk to Vaughn, he brings up his relationship w/ #Gophers asst Vince Taylor. 1 problem: Taylor in line for a head gig in April

Doogie: Q&A with hoops recruit Rashad Vaughn: Gophers should be on short list

From the interview:

How often do you talk to Gophers coaches?

I talk to (assistant) Vince (Taylor) a lot.

What about Tubby Smith?

Yeah, every now and then. But mostly Vince.

Any recent talks with Tyus Jones about a tag-team duo?

We talked before. But we really didn't elaborate and haven't yet. But we'll talk, I bet, in the near future. We haven't talked (about that) recently.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/..._Vaughn_Gophers_should_be_on_short_list010413

Go Gophers!!

Doogie: Q&A with hoops recruit Rashad Vaughn: Gophers should be on short list

From the interview:

How often do you talk to Gophers coaches?

I talk to (assistant) Vince (Taylor) a lot.

What about Tubby Smith?

Yeah, every now and then. But mostly Vince.

Any recent talks with Tyus Jones about a tag-team duo?

We talked before. But we really didn't elaborate and haven't yet. But we'll talk, I bet, in the near future. We haven't talked (about that) recently.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/QA_with_hoops_recruit_Rashad_Vaughn_Gophers_should_be_on_short_list010413

Go Gophers!!

Hope we don't lose Vince.

Is it not odd that Tubby isn't talking to him more? You would think that with that talented of an in-state player that it wouldn't be basically just Taylor.

Is it not odd that Tubby isn't talking to him more? You would think that with that talented of an in-state player that it wouldn't be basically just Taylor.

I think it's pretty common actually that Assistants talk with recruits more then Head coaches. At least in Football I know coordinators usually talk and are closer with recruits then the actual head coach is. I should also add that the Head Coach has a lot to do outside of recruiting obviously. They have to keep track of the current players, speak with the media, plan practices, gameplan for the next opponent etc etc. Tubby still will make appearances at games and will talk to the recruits. But this is why having great assistants is so important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom