12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doogie tweet: "Told Kansas coach Bill Self will double-dip here today. He'll watch Vaughn at Cooper's practice then be at 'Tonka HS tonight for Tyus."

Go Gophers!!

@DarrenWolfson: #Gophers coach Tubby Smith will be at the Cooper-Wayzata game tomorrow night to see Rashad Vaughn

Go Gophers!!

@DarrenWolfson: #Gophers coach Tubby Smith will be at the Cooper-Wayzata game tomorrow night to see Rashad Vaughn

Go Gophers!!

We won't get Tyus....but we better get Vaughn. I think Tubby knows this.

Tubby still recruiting Tyus... if he knew he would not get Tyus he would would stop

Just watches Vaughn drop 30+ on Wayzata tonight in an OT victory. Tubby was there! He missed his first 7 shots, then went crazy for a while. Man child. Played point forward, but I like him on the wing better.

Tubby still recruiting Tyus... if he knew he would not get Tyus he would would stop

Actually, I don't think this is true. Not with a local kid. See Rick Rickert or Kris Humphries. To give up this soon would not look good for Tubby. Not saying we don't have a shot, but I think he would stay on him no matter what.

Tubby believes we have a chance of getting Tyus, Tyus has not eliminated us . So why would anyone say we will not sign him? Vaughn is as highly recruited as Tyus . To say we will not get Tyus yet we should still recruit him is pure nonsense... to say getting Tyus is a longshot that is a legit opinion and warrants continued recruitment

Watched Vaughn tonight and came away with good and bad.

1) He is the most gifted, talented HS player I've ever seen before!
2) His me first attitude sucks, and isn't a good teammate. He mopes a ton when things aren't going his way too.
3) His jump shot was a little off tonight, but you can tell he is a great shooter and he'll be a great shooter in college.
4) He can create for himself at will with his ball handling, it's so smooth and breaks guys down.

5) His game is meant for the NBA more than college basketball, because his game is best going one on one and in isolation. Not a super team oriented style like Tyus. I can see him being a successful NBA Shooting Guard one day.

Bottom Line: He's incredibly skilled and athletic, but he definitely can improve in several aspects. I expect him to round out nicely and I believe he warrants the offers from those elite programs and his recruiting ranking.

Tonight he had 24 pts, 11 rebounds.

*Note: He was out for a stretch in the first half because of a minor injury and had a slight limp, but it's nothing serious. The limp went away whenever he was really involved in a play.

2) His me first attitude sucks, and isn't a good teammate. He mopes a ton when things aren't going his way too.3) His jump shot was a little off tonight, but you can tell he is a great shooter and he'll be a great shooter in college.
4) He can create for himself at will with his ball handling, it's so smooth and breaks guys down.

5) His game is meant for the NBA more than college basketball, because his game is best going one on one and in isolation. Not a super team oriented style like Tyus. I can see him being a successful NBA Shooting Guard one day.

Bottom Line: He's incredibly skilled and athletic, but he definitely can improve in several aspects. I expect him to round out nicely and I believe he warrants the offers from those elite programs and his recruiting ranking.

*Note: He was out for a stretch in the first half because of a minor injury and had a slight limp, but it's nothing serious. The limp went away whenever he was really involved in a play.

He shoots a lot because he has to shoot a lot. If he isn't taking a majority of the shots, it hurts his team's chances of winning. He's definitely a score-first player, but I've seen him play with talent around him on numerous occasions and he actually plays pretty unselfishly with them. Not a bad passer at all. When you're that talented of a scorer though, you need to look for your shot. I also think his attitude is just fine. Everyone gets frustrated from time to time. Especially when you're 10 times better than anyone on the other team, yet still struggle to win.

@clintjackson1: UNC expected tonight for 2014 SG Rashad Vaughn's game. Florida scheduled for Friday. Elite junior is a super athlete with big upside.

Go Gophers!!

Rashad dropped 51 in Cooper's 96-94 loss to Marantha Christian Academy tonight

If Cooper lost to Maranatha then Vaughn really is that entire team.

He loves to dribble up the court with his defender on him, stop abruptly at the top of the key, and shoot an NBA range 3 right over his defender without even looking for a teammate and attempting to pass. Well, because, nobody else can score.

Either that or he'll dribble it up and take it right into the lane and score there or get fouled instead.

He is basically. Go watch them play sometime and you'll see.

Planning on catching him at the Target Center on the 5th. Also managed to catch about 5 minutes of a game on channel 12 when they replayed the Wayzata vs. Cooper Game, but I can't wait to see him in person. Him and Tyus going head to head will be a treat although it looks like the score won't be close.

Planning on catching him at the Target Center on the 5th. Also managed to catch about 5 minutes of a game on channel 12 when they replayed the Wayzata vs. Cooper Game, but I can't wait to see him in person. Him and Tyus going head to head will be a treat although it looks like the score won't be close.

I hope for your sake, and just in general, that Tyus is healthy by then.

51....damn. I think we should make this kid a priority over Tyus at this point. Better chance of him staying home.

2) His me first attitude sucks, and isn't a good teammate. He mopes a ton when things aren't going his way too.
3) His jump shot was a little off tonight, but you can tell he is a great shooter and he'll be a great shooter in college.

Congrats, you clearly know more than damn near every coach in America. Sounds like we should pass on him. Whew! Now I'm not worried if we lose him.

http://northcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1450865

A big wing who can handle the ball, slash to the basket with effortless grace and finish high -- and I mean high -- above the rim.
?
And then there's the whole shooting thing.

This elite scorer has deep range and a beautiful release. His long-range jumper is picture perfect. He's a high level scorer and his impact is big on this level and the next.
?
'He's such a big kid, explained Kaffey. "He's 6-5 with no shoes on, so 6-6 with them on. He's just got a big body and in a few years, he's going to be a beast by the time he's like 19 too and he's just so long."
?
And about that athleticism?
?
"He's a super athlete. Rashad can fly. I mean he can fly. He reminds me of Rodney Williams. He can do a 360 windmill and he just soars. I know a lot of people talk about his shooting and he's great. He rebounds so well and he actually plays point guard for us because he's our best ball-handler and decision maker out there."

Congrats, you clearly know more than damn near every coach in America. Sounds like we should pass on him. Whew! Now I'm not worried if we lose him.

No offense, but learn to read English. I've said that he warrants his college offers and he should be a great college and NBA player. At what point did I say that he is overhyped or anywhere near close? He has a few things he can and will improve upon as all players do. Didn't it say what I came away with and not that I know everything about him which I Obviously do not? Oh... Yeah.

Next time, read the whole thing and actually process it before you say something that doesn't even make sense in the context of a response.

Have fun! It should be awesome watching these two as they have contrasting, yet effective game styles. I will be there as well! :)

per Doogie:

Gophers basketball assistant coach Vince Taylor has a great relationship with big-time recruit Rashad Vaughn of Cooper. One problem: Taylor will be in a position to land a Division I head coaching job next offseason. "It's a goal to be a Division I head coach," Taylor said. "I feel like I'm ready." Taylor has been a finalist for the Central Michigan, UNC-Wilmington, Illinois-Chicago and Western Kentucky jobs in the last couple years. It's inevitable that he'll get a job soon.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...returns_among_Wolves_workouts_on_Friday122112

Go Gophers!!

per Doogie:

Gophers basketball assistant coach Vince Taylor has a great relationship with big-time recruit Rashad Vaughn of Cooper. One problem: Taylor will be in a position to land a Division I head coaching job next offseason. "It's a goal to be a Division I head coach," Taylor said. "I feel like I'm ready." Taylor has been a finalist for the Central Michigan, UNC-Wilmington, Illinois-Chicago and Western Kentucky jobs in the last couple years. It's inevitable that he'll get a job soon.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...returns_among_Wolves_workouts_on_Friday122112

Go Gophers!!

Stirring the pot again. He must have something better to do...

per Doogie:

Go Gophers!!

Stirring the pot again. He must have something better to do...

OMG we can't let these things get out.:rolleyes:

Can you imagine a team with

Tyus
Vaughn
Reid
Buggs
W. Ellenson
H. Ellenson
Illikainen
Foster
Ellis

Status