Wyatt Gilmore Watch

So happy PJ doesn’t recruit similar to the basketball coach. ‘Oh, ok. Maybe we can remain close?’

There’s little chance he has an open door to come back unless he actually does something somewhere else.
I don't believe that for a second.

Wouldn't be any different if say Carter Coughlin had decided to give it a go at Ohio State, didn't get much playing time for a couple years, and was able to/wanted to transfer home for year 3. They'd take him in a second.

I don't believe that for a second.

Wouldn't be any different if say Carter Coughlin had decided to give it a go at Ohio State, didn't get much playing time for a couple years, and was able to/wanted to transfer home for year 3. They'd take him in a second.
Didn’t look like Davon Townley got a gopher offer when he jumped in the portal this spring.

Yep (y)

It'd be a really bad policy to be bitter at local kids who give it a shot at helmet/SEC/other major P5 programs elsewhere and then want to come home later. If we don't have a scholarship and/or are loaded at that position group, fine.
It’s not bitterness. It’s just not an open door, you don’t get a free pass for being a borderline four star. I get it if a 5 star goes and sits behind NFL talent, but a borderline four star that can’t hack it at a 5 win Miami program doesn’t get a free pass.

Didn’t look like Davon Townley got a gopher offer when he jumped in the portal this spring.
Because we still have Eastern (#3). I already allowed that if we were full at that position, it's possible.

Disagree that's as good a comparison, since Gilmore is #1 (depends on Composite or not).

Now do Carroll, also #1/#2 (depends on Composite or not).

It’s not bitterness. It’s just not an open door, you don’t get a free pass for being a borderline four star. I get it if a 5 star goes and sits behind NFL talent, but a borderline four star that can’t hack it at a 5 win Miami program doesn’t get a free pass.
Oh, OK. 5 star, "open door", but "borderline" 4 star, NOPE! Slammed shut!

:sneaky:

I think Gilmore would be welcomed back just fine.

Because we still have Eastern (#3). I already allowed that if we were full at that position, it's possible.

Disagree that's as good a comparison, since Gilmore is #1 (depends on Composite or not).

We didn’t offer Lockett either and took two other transfer wrs, did we even offer Dorian Singer? Carroll we took because we needed Oline bad and he was worth taking a shot on. I’m not saying we never do it, but it’s not a super safe bet that just anyone can rely on.

Townley was #1…

We didn’t offer Lockett either and took two other transfer wrs, did we even offer Dorian Singer? Carroll we took because we needed Oline bad and he was worth taking a shot on. I’m not saying we never do it, but it’s not a super safe bet that just anyone can rely on.
Lockett #6 https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=MN

It's not not a super safe bet, when it's the #1 guy. Yeah, a former #1 guy from the Cities is "worth" "taking a shot on". :sneaky:

You want to try to force this, because you want him to come here from the git go. Sure, so do I. Just don't think that's realistic when his final two visits are Oklahoma and Oregon. He gone

It's almost like every one of these are individual and based on team needs like Carroll and McDonald.

Scrolling through 247, there are examples of locals that we didn't offer when hitting the portal. Townley, Lockett, Chase Carter, Aidan Bouman

Not #1. Not #1. Not #1. Not #1.
Who cares? Is there something magical about being #1 that gives someone the key to the city? Townley was rated higher or equal (depending on service) but it was a class with lots of talent.

He's #2 currently in 247 composite anyway.

McDonald was ranked....NINTH...but fulfilled a need.

Per usual, you've made up a completely fictional scenario and are arguing with anyone who disagrees with your hypothetical situation.

Is there something magical about being #1 that gives someone the key to the city?
No

Townley was rated higher or equal (depending on service) but it was a class with lots of talent.
Sure

McDonald was ranked....NINTH...but fulfilled a need.
Sure

btown trying make it sound like there's a 0.05% chance if you change your mind, so you better come here now!

That's bunk for a kid who's going to visit Oklahoma and Oregon.

I'm not saying it's 100% guaranteed. The truth, per usual, is in the middle. He has a not guaranteed but solid chance of being able to come back if he finds out the grass isn't greener down/out there.

Gilmore will be a TE or OT in 3 years anyway

It is still baffling to me how supposedly well-educated people have so much emotion invested in ratings based on multiple variables that are primarily based on opinion and not fact.
Their legitimacy is further diminished by reporting their analysis in four significant figures.
I am further amazed some people actually pay to see those numbers.

It is still baffling to me how supposedly well-educated people have so much emotion invested in ratings based on multiple variables that are primarily based on opinion and not fact.
Their legitimacy is further diminished by reporting their analysis in four significant figures.
I give this post 2.5 out of 3.14 stars.

To be much more appealing to the recruitniks I would suggest 2.543008534 out of 3.1467855678.
Acceptable.

Also acceptable would be 1, 4 or 9 on a scale of just those three integers.

No

Sure

Sure

btown trying make it sound like there's a 0.05% chance if you change your mind, so you better come here now!

That's bunk for a kid who's going to visit Oklahoma and Oregon.

I'm not saying it's 100% guaranteed. The truth, per usual, is in the middle. He has a not guaranteed but solid chance of being able to come back if he finds out the grass isn't greener down/out there.
Ok I don’t know how I made it sound like a 0.05% chance to any reasonable people. I don’t know what the odds are, but I doubt they good enough to gamble on if he really wants to come here. So yes I do think he should come here now if he thinks he has us a plan b down the road. I’d be surprised if he does end up coming here based on his recruiting timeline compared to past high end instate guys.

I give this post 2.5 out of 3.14 stars.

I'm giving it 72 green splats.

I award this post 1 scrobble

Top Bottom