Wyatt Gilmore Watch

I think you have been spinning around trying to make an argument and you forgot your argument.

I said that they would have pounced if they received an offer from the Gophers. The fact that they never received an offer from us kind of makes my point not yours.

These were highly recruited local players we had no interest in after a couple of years of college. They are examples of my point.
Bold is not the argument I'm making, I'm more specific to guys we gave committable offers to and if they wanted to come home they'd have the opportunity. Clearly it's not a guarantee just because they go to some other major P5, which for sure Lockett is an example for us and Alston might be an example for Wisc.

We never offered Bouman('s kid) and so he is excluded from my argument.

Almost nothing in life is exactly 0% or 100%. For Wyatt Gilmore, I think it's significantly higher than what btown is trying to force. He's trying to make it seem like there's maybe a 10% chance a spot will be here for you if it doesn't work out at Miami, Oklahoma, or Oregon and you want to come home.

I bet it's more like 50-50, at least.

It's almost like btown's attitude is: "come here straight away, or else F you!!"

My attitude is: "we know we have little shot at you right away, but I'd rather at least have you home as a transfer rather than never have you at all".

No one can possible argue against that taking Quinn Carroll will have worked out very well for the Gophers. Indeed.

So I don't get what the friggin big deal is.

Different sport, but Dawson Garcia is another one. Seems like a good deal to me.

Do we even need gilmore? We just got a higher ranked DE? Do you think that is the writing on the wall for Gilmore?

Do we even need gilmore? We just got a higher ranked DE? Do you think that is the writing on the wall for Gilmore?
He's a take no matter what, but I do think they are planning for the worst.

I can't figure out what question or reason for the "No".

We took on scholarship the following Defensive Lines over the past few years:
2019 - 5
2020 - 6
2021 - 4
2022 - 3
2023 - 3
2024 - 6

Perhaps it's time to tool up again in this area. We have never taken more than 6, so I expect Mr. Gilmore has other plans and we've moved on knowing that. He's highly rated and from Minnesota so maybe they have a place if he wants. But, what alaska said has some validity.

So to Willwin40 - Yes

I can't figure out what question or reason for the "No".

We took on scholarship the following Defensive Lines over the past few years:
2019 - 5
2020 - 6
2021 - 4
2022 - 3
2023 - 3
2024 - 6

Perhaps it's time to tool up again in this area. We have never taken more than 6, so I expect Mr. Gilmore has other plans and we've moved on knowing that. He's highly rated and from Minnesota so maybe they have a place if he wants. But, what alaska said has some validity.

So to Willwin40 - Yes

Sorry, I was answering Alaskas 3rd question. I should have made it clear. They will take him if he wants to come here. I think there’s a possibility that a couple of the DL recruits might work out as a tall LB like Campbell was.

Yeah, we do.

PJ has done a fantastic job of acquiring talent across classes, so we're not desperate for Gilmore. Frankly, there aren't many recruits we will ever be desperate for anymore.

However, Gilmore is a local kid who is really good. I know that doesn't matter for some people, but having a bunch of young football players from Rogers watch Gilmore dominate for the Gophers can only help.

IT's also that he has some position flexibility (seems to have room to grow) and he plays DE right now. They are like WR on defense. How many do you need? More.

Yeah, we do.

PJ has done a fantastic job of acquiring talent across classes, so we're not desperate for Gilmore. Frankly, there aren't many recruits we will ever be desperate for anymore.

However, Gilmore is a local kid who is really good. I know that doesn't matter for some people, but having a bunch of young football players from Rogers watch Gilmore dominate for the Gophers can only help.

IT's also that he has some position flexibility (seems to have room to grow) and he plays DE right now. They are like WR on defense. How many do you need? More.
You never have enough. Some don't pan out, some may leave in the portal, some can get hurt.

I'm hoping for Gilmore, but if he was from Missouri, lets say............he be no big deal if we didn't get him.

You never have enough. Some don't pan out, some may leave in the portal, some can get hurt.

I'm hoping for Gilmore, but if he was from Missouri, lets say............he be no big deal if we didn't get him.
He no big deal. He is going to Oklahoma.

Taking an official makes me think there is a chance.
Sometimes guys don’t use one of their officials on the gophers but yet somehow the gophers are a “finalist” and they take an unofficial or two. Kid wouldn’t commit this much time this late if the chances were 0.

No idea where he is going and wouldn’t bet on anything.
Squarely on the fence then?

Show me

No idea. But he is a 35 minute drive from campus. And he turned down opportunities to take officials all over the country to take one of his 5 at a place he could visit literally any day.
Joking around

One of his teammates just posted about a PWO to Oklahoma…that can’t be good! Lol

If Gilmore was. so set on Oklahoma I think he would have accepted their offer right after his visit. I think he’s still undecided and it’s between OK and the Gophers.

Top Bottom