Wyatt Gilmore Watch

Every could should use all their official visits. Why not see what a school is like? Maybe you hate it. Maybe you love it. But either way more info is good.

I’m happy with the in state class. Would love to add Wyatt Gilmore as well of course.
Totally agree. What 17 year old doesnt want to go see what there is out there.

Totally agree. What 17 year old doesnt want to go see what there is out there.
Indeed, what 17 year old doesn't want to get away from Mom & Dad and see if the grass is greener on the other side.

Coupled with NIL ... he gone.

Not personal. It's business.

Door will be open for him to transfer home when he doesn't get to play much at Miami or Oregon. In the meantime, I say rake in as much as you can get!

Wyatt will get his PT anywhere he goes. His name isn’t Seantrell or whatever.

Indeed, what 17 year old doesn't want to get away from Mom & Dad and see if the grass is greener on the other side.

Coupled with NIL ... he gone.

Not personal. It's business.

Door will be open for him to transfer home when he doesn't get to play much at Miami or Oregon. In the meantime, I say rake in as much as you can get!
Is he really going to get that much NIL money? He is barely a four star per rating sites and is ranked outside the top 500 players overall.

Is he really going to get that much NIL money? He is barely a four star per rating sites and is ranked outside the top 500 players overall.
You're a 17 year old who grew up in Rogers, MN.

Door 1: while your friends are going to cool places all over the country for their next chapters in life, you're going to .... Dinkytown, with $1k NIL
Door 2: you're going to Miami, FL with $20k NIL

This isn't rocket science.

Door 1: while your friends are going to cool places all over the country for their next chapters in life, you're going to .... Dinkytown, with $1k NIL

Not every kid is dying to get away from MN believe it or not, I’m sure there is some culture shock there. Not to mention Miami has been a worse program than the gophers for the past five years now.

??? What is this supposed to mean? If the Seantrell you are referring to is Seantrel Henderson he went to Miami and got plenty of playing time all the way into the NFL.
Seantrell college and pro careers were riddled with drug suspensions and injuries. His talent was largely wasted.

He was dealing with Crohn’s disease if I’m not mistaken; which is a very tough condition. He was a good kid caught up in a lot of hype and it kinda snowballed on him to the down side. He probably also enjoyed playing hoops more than football.

He was dealing with Crohn’s disease if I’m not mistaken; which is a very tough condition. He was a good kid caught up in a lot of hype and it kinda snowballed on him to the down side. He probably also enjoyed playing hoops more than football.
I remember that too, smoking weed to help with the pain and inflammation.

I’d guess the NIL at Oregon, Miami, and Oklahoma far outweigh what’s here, although that’s hardly breaking news. Some kids hate the cold weather and want to live where it doesn’t snow too.

Not every kid is dying to get away from MN believe it or not, I’m sure there is some culture shock there. Not to mention Miami has been a worse program than the gophers for the past five years now.
I couldn't wait to move away two (2) hours from home for college and experience the freedom that came with it. Over the next five (5) years, I lost count how many times I wished I was only a 1/2 hour away for a home-cooked meal.

Kids like cash...don't we all, but nothing made me prouder as a kid growing up than having my parents watch me play sports from the stands.

If the kid really wants to represent the Maroon and Gold, and do so in front of family and friends, he'll be a Gopher.

Right, but then they can just transfer home after one or two years of giving it a shot. So why wouldn't you give it a shot?

I know, I know, that door "might not" be open. Maybe. But my wild guess is we'd take him back.

I couldn't wait to move away two (2) hours from home for college and experience the freedom that came with it. Over the next five (5) years, I lost count how many times I wished I was only a 1/2 hour away for a home-cooked meal.

Kids like cash...don't we all, but nothing made me prouder as a kid growing up than having my parents watch me play sports from the stands.

If the kid really wants to represent the Maroon and Gold, and do so in front of family and friends, he'll be a Gopher.
Yep.

And as history has shown, if that were the top priority then he simply would've just committed to Gophers by now. Wouldn't need to bother with a "top X".

Not even a legit comparison. You get to pick where you go to school. If you dont like the cold why would you CHOOSE to stay there
Maybe for other factors, other than the cold?

Per Randy:

Wyatt Gilmore knows the hard sell is coming. When the standout defensive end from Rogers makes his official visit to the Gophers football program this weekend, he's well aware that plenty of people will encourage him to commit to Minnesota — and that's not only coach P.J. Fleck and his staff.

"I have a really strong relationship with a ton of guys on the team and pretty much all the commits," said Gilmore, a four-star recruit and the top-ranked player in the state in the 2024 recruiting class. "… They'll tell me a couple subtle things here and there."

Over the next two "Summer Splash" weekends, Gilmore will be one of roughly 25 recruits making their official visits. The Gophers have 15 players who've verbally committed to the class, and Fleck is doing a solid job of keeping Minnesota's best players home. According to the recruiting-focused website 247Sports.com, seven of the top nine recruits in Minnesota have pledged to the Gophers.

That list includes No. 2-ranked Koi Perich, a safety from Lincoln High School in Esko; No. 4 Mason Carrier, a linebacker from Detroit Lakes; No. 5 Jide Abasiri, a defensive lineman from Prior Lake; No. 6 Mo Saine, a defensive lineman from Eden Prairie; No. 7 Simon Seidl, an athlete from Hill-Murray; No. 8 Jalen Smith, a wide receiver from Mankato West; and No. 9 Sam Macy, an edge rusher from Chanhassen.

The two in the top nine who haven't yet committed to Minnesota but are slated to visit are Gilmore and No. 3-ranked in-state recruit Emerson Mandell, an offensive lineman for Irondale High School. The 6-4, 240-pound Gilmore is the 20th-ranked edge rusher nationally, while Mandell (6-5 and 295) is the 42nd-ranked interior offensive lineman.

Go Gophers!!

I have heard 6 figures over the 4 years...but cannot confirm that

Per Randy:

Wyatt Gilmore knows the hard sell is coming. When the standout defensive end from Rogers makes his official visit to the Gophers football program this weekend, he's well aware that plenty of people will encourage him to commit to Minnesota — and that's not only coach P.J. Fleck and his staff.

"I have a really strong relationship with a ton of guys on the team and pretty much all the commits," said Gilmore, a four-star recruit and the top-ranked player in the state in the 2024 recruiting class. "… They'll tell me a couple subtle things here and there."

Over the next two "Summer Splash" weekends, Gilmore will be one of roughly 25 recruits making their official visits. The Gophers have 15 players who've verbally committed to the class, and Fleck is doing a solid job of keeping Minnesota's best players home. According to the recruiting-focused website 247Sports.com, seven of the top nine recruits in Minnesota have pledged to the Gophers.

That list includes No. 2-ranked Koi Perich, a safety from Lincoln High School in Esko; No. 4 Mason Carrier, a linebacker from Detroit Lakes; No. 5 Jide Abasiri, a defensive lineman from Prior Lake; No. 6 Mo Saine, a defensive lineman from Eden Prairie; No. 7 Simon Seidl, an athlete from Hill-Murray; No. 8 Jalen Smith, a wide receiver from Mankato West; and No. 9 Sam Macy, an edge rusher from Chanhassen.

The two in the top nine who haven't yet committed to Minnesota but are slated to visit are Gilmore and No. 3-ranked in-state recruit Emerson Mandell, an offensive lineman for Irondale High School. The 6-4, 240-pound Gilmore is the 20th-ranked edge rusher nationally, while Mandell (6-5 and 295) is the 42nd-ranked interior offensive lineman.

Go Gophers!!
I hope they can sell him but I am betting he ends up somewhere south of here.

Fresh out of MN’s OV, he goes to post about Miami?! 🤔

Questionable for sure

Right, but then they can just transfer home after one or two years of giving it a shot. So why wouldn't you give it a shot?

I know, I know, that door "might not" be open. Maybe. But my wild guess is we'd take him back.
There’s little chance he has an open door to come back unless he actually does something somewhere else.

Top Bottom