Worst 3 brands of beer ever drank by you?........ ...................

badgergopher said:
Past 'best if used by' date Landmark Light. Was brewed by same people as Pigs Eye, but Pigs Eye was their 'premium' beer.

LL was so bad I forgot the other two. I'll say Huber and Old Milwaukee.

In no particular order:
1.Red Dog
2.Keystone Light
3.Natty Ice
The second two are from my days in Iowa City. Anytime I see or hear those two I think of Iowa City.

Worst:

1. Olympia Ice. Only beer I've ever poured down a drain.
2. Milwaukee's Best Ice
3. Black Label

And, for kicks, best:
1. La Fin Du Monde (Unibroue)
2. Bell's Hopslam
3. Surly Darkness (for a Minnesota flavor)

Bad:
Red Dog
Keystone
Anything by Point
Anything by Goose Island

Good:
Magic Hat
Paulander Hefeweizen
Black and tan

1. Rhinelander Beer - hands down the absolute worst.
2. Leinenkugel - claimed to be brewed in "Big Eddy Springs". Big Eddy was a horse in the late 70's.
3. Billy's Beer - Ouch!

Pigs-Eye LEAN... This is the most horrid *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# that has ever touched my lips and I have tasted some nasty things in my time but we're talking only beer here. I won't even bother with #2 & #3 because LEAN makes everything else a very distant 2nd.

Pig's Eye Lean makes my list, too. Blatz and Ruppert's Knickerbocker (Got a 12 pack in Circle Pines for $2.99--only 15 years ago)

1. I used to brew a lot of my own stuff; had a nasty batch of cleanser-laden brew I had to throw out which tasted exactly like -> Boston Lager. Spend a lot on advertising and people will drink anything.

2. PBR. Don't believe the hype, yo.

3. Old Swillwaukee. Grew up on this stuff, now can't stand it.

and that Berryweiss sh*t is awful too

1. Rhinelander Beer - hands down the absolute worst.
2. Leinenkugel - claimed to be brewed in "Big Eddy Springs". Big Eddy was a horse in the late 70's.
3. Billy's Beer - Ouch!

A couple mentions for Billy Beer. Here's a guy sampling a 30 year old can of Billy Beer.

I have never throw away a beer, until I bought Crest Mountain- I don't think a bum would drink this beer. :)

Extra Gold Lager, Landmark, Wisconsin Club.

My list could go on, but since the standard beer order for four years was "whatever's on sale," it would be endless. My list of bad beers consumed is staggering.

Worst 3:

PBR
Busch
Schlitz

Best 3:

Moose Drool
Paulaner Hefeweizen
Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout

Thanks for all your posts, fellow Gopher Fans and beer drinkers alike.These are the most posts I have ever received from my own personal thread on Gopherhole. I will therefore, pat myself on the back while drinking more cheap beer tonight. Go Gophers!!!!

Thanks for all your posts, fellow Gopher Fans and beer drinkers alike.These are the most posts I have ever received from my own personal thread on Gopherhole. I will therefore, pat myself on the back while drinking more cheap beer tonight. Go Gophers!!!!

Thanks Froggopher for giving us a meaningful thread as we await the upcoming season.

Go Gophers!

My top 3 (today):

1) Lagunitas WTF
2) Summit EPA
3) Guinness Stout

I'm a man who enjoys beer. And I'm a man who can drink almost any beer. PBR, Old Milwaukee, Natural, Hamms, Schmidt.... whatever it is, if it has a the taste of beer I can drink it.

However.....

I once bought a 30 pack of PENNSYLVANIA STYLE ICE and it was by far the worst thing I have ever tasted. It felt like I was drinking liquified metal. The after taste was terrible. I think it sat in my fridge for over 6 months before it was finished off between cooking it with brats and daring my friends to drink it.

Old Bohemian
Carling Black Label
Pearl

Living in China now, I think fondly about the beers that you think are no good. Here are mine anyway.

1. Yanjing, a local Chinese beer that has a remarkably inconsistent taste, every time I've had it, it tastes a little different, but almost always terrible.

2. Crazy Stallion, more of a malt liquor beverage, does that count? This was the my drink of choice as it only costed between 1 and 2 dollars for a 40oz bottle, and I could never get through more than 2 of them before feeling either sick or to sleepy to do much more. Helped save up money for my move to Beijing.

3. Steel reserve, tasted like metal, I guess that makes sense though.

I really wish I could easily get some blats or pigs eye or natty ice or glueks, or any of that stuff you guys consider poor beer, as compared to what is brewed here, that stuff is liquid gold.

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

3 Worst Beers

Pfeiffer, Hauenstein, and Hamm's (drank only because I LOVED their commercials)
hamms.jpg

I like beer and I like hot chilies. I like them both a great deal.

But when Cane Creek created Chili Beer, the result was so disgusting, it almost made me give up both.

froggie...This is the best and most interesting thread GopherHole has had in a long time. The one thing that makes it great, is that absolutely no one turned it into a pissing contest. That is an achievement in itself. So instead of having to referee a contest, I got to enjoy a beer without shaking my head. Thanks for the reprieve.

I wondered if any of these beers will be sold at TCF this fall? It seems that there is a large market for really bad brews with GopherHolers.

If we're picking winners, by name I'd have to say "Pennsylvania Style Ice" sounds absolutely the worst. I'd have thought it was a variety of meth sold in the slums of Philly if you hadn't said it was beer.

Also, thanks for the video of the guy drinking a Billy beer. Funny stuff.

Killjoy said:
I wondered if any of these beers will be sold at TCF this fall? It seems that there is a large market for really bad brews with GopherHolers.

In an effort to keep this wonderfully and unusually peaceful thread alive, I say we play "Predict the Beers"--kinda like the weekly predict the score contest for Gopher games. So let's predict what beers will be sold at TCF Bank this fall:

Tubtasic:
Beer garden: Bud, Bud Light, Surly
Primo Seats: Bud, Bud Light, Surly, Summit EPA, Corona, Liene's (I hope I'm wrong about this one)

i can't drink the skunk brews highlighted in this thread anymore and have tried to "misremember" them, but occasionally i'll stumble across a microbrew that is absolutely wretched. the most recent occasion was at the happy gnome a few weeks ago when i include jolly pumpkin's madrugada in my flight of beers. it's a sour imperial stout and the taste made my life flash in front of my eyes for a second - i thought i was tasting death bile. i haven't noticed anything fall off of me yet, but i am suspicious that this brew may cause leprosy so i'm going to remain vigilant.

Thanks again for your dutiful and warm (get it?) replies to my thread regarding the awful, crappy beers we have all had the pleasure in drinking! My final trio of rotten, rotgut beers are:
1.) Red Stripe-Is this crap really brewed in Jamaica? Probably Wisconsin!
2.) Milwaukee's "Best"- Should really be "Worst"
3.) My old man's first batch of home-made brew, vintage 1973- Let's just say I remember throwing up in the basement bathroom for several hours! Thanks again all! Go Go Golden Gophers!!

Cold Spring - $3.99 a case for returnable bottles when I was in college.

Ranier Draft - $5.99 a case ($4.99 after mail in rebate).

Busch Light Draft - $4.99 a case for returnables.

Looking back, I can't believe I drank that crap when I was in college. I literally don't think I could stomach a sip of any of them today.

If we're picking winners, by name I'd have to say "Pennsylvania Style Ice" sounds absolutely the worst. I'd have thought it was a variety of meth sold in the slums of Philly if you hadn't said it was beer.

Also, thanks for the video of the guy drinking a Billy beer. Funny stuff.

Yes, by far the worst beer I've ever had the displeasure to drink. If anyone else on this board has ever suffered through it please let me know.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/pennsylvania-style-ice-beer/82860/

Tough to pick out the second and third worst, but the absolute worst for me was Laser.

Top Bottom