Worst 3 brands of beer ever drank by you?........ ...................

Its true. The people saying they hate all WI beers just haven't experienced some of the really good craft beer offerings the state has to offer. Its one of the few redeeming qualities of Wisconsin that they can produce some tasty beverages. I'm Definitely a New Glarus fan. Love a lot of the stuff that comes out of Lakefront in Milwaukee, Hinterland in Green Bay, and Capitol in Middleton as well.
Rush River Brewing is good. But River Falls is basically part of the TC metro.

1. Milwaukee Special Reserve Ice (couldn't even finish a can, and I've drank some serious garbage in my time)

2. Steel Reserve

3. Budweiser American Ale (closest thing to piss I've ever had)

Here's a fun rule of thumb. All beers start with five points. Deduct a point for each of the following words "Special", "Milwaukee", "Ice", "Reserve", "Best". You then have a fairly useful scale at which Milwaukee's Special Reserve Ice" serves as a baseline for awful beer.

I actually have a bizarre fondness for Red Dog. It's like the White Castle of beers (and I love White Castle). When I first lived in a house with roommates, they would drink my beer. So I started buying Red Dog, which carries a trashy stigma, but to me is no worse than your Hamms or Schmidts or PBRs of the world. I came to be associated with Red Dog. I would offer it to people at parties as a joke, saying, "Bite of the dog?" And they would almost always decline.

I don't drink it much anymore, but every year for a long time I have thrown a super bowl party, and I always have a case of the dog on hand. My friends drink it at the party because it's become a nostalgic thing due to my association with the beer of the years.

Good times.

Keep'em coming Gopherholers!!

Natural Light
Natural Ice
Busch Light

Great to see my thread is still alive and puking....er, kicking. Man, sure are a lot of crappy beers out there! Forgot about Mountain Crest and Pig's Eye Lean! Yuck! Go Gophers!!

This should not be on the list....The only thing better than a Busch Light is a light bush!

^^^ And Natty light? Sure they don't taste like anything, but they're perfect for bonging in the morning!

^^^ And Natty light? Sure they don't taste like anything, but they're perfect for bonging in the morning!

Granted I am still poor and in school, but I almost always have some Natty Lights on hand. I honestly think it is good. I would drink that over a ton of other beers (Miller Lite). I am not dumb enough to think it is a quality beer, but it certainly is tolerable.

Guiness Stout is an excellent "meal beer." It it requires the company of a good beef meal or a good Shepard's Pie.

1.) Rhinelander - Made by the Huber Brewing Co in Monroe, WI. Just awful, but you get what you pay for. In 1983, that was $2.99 for a case of returnable bottles.

2.) Grain Belt

3.) Old Style - Drank it all the time as a freshman(again 1983). Switched to Lite from Miller, among others. Tried drinking some in 1994, and basically had to choke it down. I can't even smell it now, without feeling sick

My 3 favorites?

1.) Paulaner Hefe Weizen Dunkel

2.) Capital Brewery's Wisconsin Amber, or Autumnal Fire

3.) Sam Adams Oktoberfest or Blue Moon

Milwaukee's Best, hands down. Horrible. However, it did have it's benefits for hosting Keg parties back in college. Kegs were dirt cheap (I wonder why?!) so markup and profit on party was always greater! Thankfully, college students bent on getting plowed are very poor judge's on beer quality :cool:

A lot of these brands getting ripped on used to be decent beers that were ghettoized by the Heileman/Pabst conglomerate. Some are decent again now. They started making Old Style, Lone Star, Natty Boh, and Schlitz with their old "good" recipes. On the local level, Hauenstein was bought by a distributor and returned to it's early glory, too, from before Grain Belt bought them out and made it their budget beer. I really would be happy if they brought back the old fire brewed Stroh's.

My bottom three:
Alberta's Best
Old Vienna
Clear Creek Ice

In the medium priced category Corona has to be the worst I've had, you have to put a lime in it took make it barely able to drink.

I can only think of the single worst beer I ever drank. Cool Colt 45. Mint Malt Liquor is not a good idea. A family friend had these stacked in his garage because he was able to get a great deal (something around $2-$3 for a case in the early/mid 90s).

I can only think of the single worst beer I ever drank. Cool Colt 45. Mint Malt Liquor is not a good idea. A family friend had these stacked in his garage because he was able to get a great deal (something around $2-$3 for a case in the early/mid 90s).

That just sounds nasty.

I am not a big mint fan anyways but Minty Malt Liquor. Do you know if they still sell it? I want to pick up a bottle so I can add it to my list.

It's all just talk, unless it's the one they call Coldcock.

[video]http://www.hulu.com/watch/281245[/video]

That can't be good for anybody - SNL.

Wonder if they drink that in Columbus, South Carolina?

1, 2 & 3 Dubuque Star. After tasting this swill--anything was considered drinkable.

Best 3
Summit Ocktoberfest
Wychwood Hobgoblin Ale
Capital Wisconsin Amber

Don't know if it is even made any more, but National Beer in Baltimore is hands down my 1, 2 and 3.

Top Bottom