Week 6 Other Games Thread

Shank on the IO FG...... like a baseball score @ the half.

Illinois and Iowa locked in battle to see which is "no-goodest"

You’re implying Purdue is good because they beat the Gophers at home on homecoming…. So. You tell me what you meant.
No, I’m asking if Minnesota is good, and if Minnesota is good and Purdue is not, how do you figure that? If Minnesota wins that game by 3, is Minnesota good and Purdue is not? So far, Purdue is a good team.

No, I’m asking if Minnesota is good, and if Minnesota is good and Purdue is not, how do you figure that? If Minnesota wins that game by 3, is Minnesota good and Purdue is not? So far, Purdue is a good team.
1 game does not define a team. So any arguments you try to make around 1 game are going to be weak.

Purdue was better than Minnesota last week. That doesn’t make Purdue good or Minnesota bad. The rest of the season will define that.

But again, if your point is that Purdue is a good team simply because they beat us at home on homecoming. You have to also agree that Bowling Green is a good team.

I'll tell you this much, I love the fact Minnesota is sitting home recovering while these two teams are beating each other up. Iowa D is physically beating up this Illinois O. Already knocked out the QB and now Williams heading for the tent. Can only help Minnesota.

This Iowa/Illinois game feels like next team to score wins. Both teams appear to have good defenses but they both seem to have some serious issues on offense, especially for Illinois without their QB.

I'll tell you this much, I love the fact Minnesota is sitting home recovering while these two teams are beating each other up. Iowa D is physically beating up this Illinois O. Already knocked out the QB and now Williams heading for the tent. Can only help Minnesota.
I didn't see Devito get injured. Did it look to be anything serious?

His ankle doesn't look good. Been to the tent a couple of times.

I didn't see Devito get injured. Did it look to be anything serious?
Ankle. Didn't look good and he was in a lot of pain. Immediately left and hasn't been back.

I’d say Illinois pending a loss tonight.

Sorry state the west is in (evergreen post). Will be a shame when divisions are dropped next year and our ceiling collapses.
Illinois is not the favorite
A team with a loss to Indiana with Michigan, Purdue, and Minnesota still on the schedule is not the favorite

Beating an Iowa team with possibly the worst offense in the history of the conference doesn’t make you the favorite.

So the Over/Under in the IA/ILL game was 36.5. with 5 min left in the 3rd quarter they are sitting at 12. Good lord this is some good Def combined with pretty pathetic offenses.

So the Over/Under in the IA/ILL game was 36.5. with 5 min left in the 3rd quarter they are sitting at 12. Good lord this is some good Def combined with pretty pathetic offenses.
20 appears to have been a better set over/under there

If Illinois could score a touchdown on this drive they could take a 3 possession lead

But instead on 3rd and 5 they throw a pass 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage

It is possible that these are the best two teams in the west.
It is also possible these two teams are horrible.
It is also possible both those things are true at the same time

Top Bottom