Week 6 Other Games Thread

Alright. This is lining up. Iowa spoiled our 2019 undefeated season. We may have the opportunity to return the favor.
Would be massive, but I'll take Iowa. That defense is a beauty.

Good lord that Penn St. QB is TERRIBLE!!!! How can a major college ranked #4 in the nation not have a backup that can throw the damn ball!!! His receivers were WIDE open...........but hey he can run though. Someone needs to tell these kids that running is nice, but if you want to be a major college QB you have to be able to complete a pass, too. That was PAINFUL to watch -- if they don't get their QB back, they are TOAST with that kid trying to throw the ball!!
Yeah that back up was brutal. PSU defense is legit as is Iowa’s. Iowa fans strike me as beyond passionate…like obnoxious as in their coach (referencing the time out deal) Anyone have any experience at Kinnick? I have a feeling they harass you unmercifully. I’m sure their fans will come on the Gopher board to gloat as the classy fans they are.

Would be massive, but I'll take Iowa. That defense is a beauty.
Yeah that back up was brutal. PSU defense is legit as is Iowa’s. Iowa fans strike me as beyond passionate…like obnoxious as in their coach (referencing the time out deal) Anyone have any experience at Kinnick? I have a feeling they harass you unmercifully. I’m sure their fans will come on the Gopher board to gloat as the classy fans they are.
Honestly, guess I don’t blame them for gloating today. That was quite a game.

I will never understand why we can’t be on the same level as Iowa.
.....Or Wisconsin! Believe me, us Gopher fans have been saying that for about 35 years!!!! To get to Iowa's level we will have to get better defensively. We closed the gap a little bit a couple years ago and if Tyler Johnson catches the ball right in his hands in the end zone, we might have been able to win it. Our defense right now though isn't at Iowa's level.

Well....he might just not be ready yet. Obviously it's a big win.....but the Hawkeyes won strictly because PSU didn't have a QB the entire second half.

It's kind of amazing that a great recruiting program like PSU doesn't have a backup QB better than that.

It's kind of amazing that a great recruiting program like PSU doesn't have a backup QB better than that.
They explained how they lost two backups to the portal. Portal has changed college football.

Regarding the comparison of Minnesota to Iowa this season and 2019, unfortunately, both games are/will be in Iowa City. That's a virtually impossible place to win as a visitor.

Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....Or Wisconsin! Believe me, us Gopher fans have been saying that for about 35 years!!!! To get to Iowa's level we will have to get better defensively. We closed the gap a little bit a couple years ago and if Tyler Johnson catches the ball right in his hands in the end zone, we might have been able to win it. Our defense right now though isn't at Iowa's level.
Sometimes I’m better off not watching these games. I always end up thinking all these teams are too much for the Gophers.

They're generally pretty nice when you visit.

I am abslutely sick. That's a 3 TD win for Penn State easy if Clifford doesn't go down. Even with that, if their TE makes one of two catches on a 3rd down they still win with 20 points. I would LOVE to be as lucky as Iowa has been over the last couple decades for just 5 years. This tops them all though, a clear loss in a huge game turns in to a win. F'ing brutal.

They explained how they lost two backups to the portal. Portal has changed college football.

Regarding the comparison of Minnesota to Iowa this season and 2019, unfortunately, both games are/will be in Iowa City. That's a virtually impossible place to win as a visitor.

Will Levis is starting for an undefeated Kentucky team -- but they didn't believe he could run their offense anyway

PSU's former backup Will Levis is leading an undefeated Kentucky team against LSU tonight.

They're generally pretty nice when you visit.
I had one fan explode on me in '15, and multiple people wouldn't sell me a parking spot in '19, but I agree on the whole

Looks like Bryce Benhart got benched or hurt? He’s definitely not starting anyway.

Visiting ia fans... Different story
Yup. They lose their minds visiting a big city. I got cussed out by some 50 year old IA fan after they lost when I was 12. That was enough for me to start partaking in the Who Hates Iowa chant going forward.

NE defense actually looks good. But I’ll never trust an Adrian Martinez+Scott Frost-led team.

At the rate LSU is going, Coach O may not have a job when they get back home. Down 14-0 to UK

Looks like Bryce Benhart got benched or hurt? He’s definitely not starting anyway.
Benched last week. True freshman starting over him. He played garbage time and took a false start lol

Top Bottom