Week 1 Other Games Thread

Dish, Comcast and a couple others have it, but not as available as most. That's kinda the whole PAC12 problem right now.
I am fairly rural. Just paid quite a bit to Comcast to get internet and tv. Still like 6-10 weeks from install.
So that sucks because football ends early otherwise

Not a fair comp with no context. Everyone knew it'd be hell transitioning from the triple to a modern offense.
Well, it was the Quick Lane Bowl, right?

And it was played in 2018…how much time ya want?

Based on today’s very small sample size, I think the West comes down to the Gophers and Hawkeyes. Nebraska and Illinois look bad. Northwestern doesn’t look promising. And Wisconsin isn’t going far with Mertz.

IMO, Iowa only has 3 games left:

-vs. Penn State
-@ Wisconsin
-vs. Minnesota

And I think we have 4:
-@ Colorado
-@ Indiana
-@ Iowa
-vs. Wisconsin

It pains me to say it, but Iowa is my favorite to win the West right now. Especially since they have a potential tiebreaker with us in Iowa City.

But anything can happen.

PSA: Since the Colorado game is going to only be PAC-12 Network, if your provider does not have it, your solution is a free trial of Fubo TV.
Oh fuck. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll make sure I have that locked and loaded.

Based on today’s very small sample size, I think the West comes down to the Gophers and Hawkeyes. Nebraska and Illinois look bad. Northwestern doesn’t look promising. And Wisconsin isn’t going far with Mertz.

IMO, Iowa only has 3 games left:

-vs. Penn State
-@ Wisconsin
-vs. Minnesota

And I think we have 4:
-@ Colorado
-@ Indiana
-@ Iowa
-vs. Wisconsin

It pains me to say it, but Iowa is my favorite to win the West right now. Especially since they have a potential tiebreaker with us in Iowa City.

But anything can happen.

Add Iowa State to Iowa's list. Or subtract Colorado from ours if we're just calculating the West race.

Well, it was the Quick Lane Bowl, right?

And it was played in 2018…how much time ya want?
What was the point of the response? You do realize that running the triple and anything else require different lineman. You want 2 years to overhaul an oline -- with one year being 2020?

Hinted, but DTR did not look good enough -- that ground game though . . .
Tbh he didn't look that great today either. But his legs add a lot of pain for opposing defenses and he didn't turn the ball over (which has been a problem for as long as he's been at UCLA). If the turnover trouble is finally fixed then they might be good enough to escape the conference this year.

Today I learned/noticed that all 10 UC schools (Berkeley, Los Angeles, Davis, Santa Barbara, Irvine, etc) are required to be blue and gold, though they can vary the shades.

California can find a way to regulate anything

What was the point of the response? You do realize that running the triple and anything else require different lineman. You want 2 years to overhaul an oline -- with one year being 2020?
Totally get your point, but he is 3 recruiting classes after that and every team went through 2020.

So Coach O is gene chizik 2.0 ? He got 1 amazing year with Joe Burrow.

Totally get your point, but he is 3 recruiting classes after that and every team went through 2020.
The data on the early signing period shows that your first class is pretty much a wash in terms of retention. I think it's a bit short sighted to count this recruiting class in terms of flipping an oline. No one thinks of true freshman as key cogs to a line. Regardless if every team went through it, if you're trying to overhaul your line it might hurt you more.

Toss out UCLA over LSU and the Pac 12 has looked dreadful today.

Today I learned/noticed that all 10 UC schools (Berkeley, Los Angeles, Davis, Santa Barbara, Irvine, etc) are required to be blue and gold, though they can vary the shades.

California can find a way to regulate anything

I had a fella (I guess it could have been a lady or a Soviet robot) on another board try to tell me that UCLA wore blue/gold only after the Lakers pushed it upon them.
I won that battle.

Toss out UCLA over LSU and the Pac 12 has looked dreadful today.
Calling Oregon dreadful sells a good Fresno team short and I don't know if USC was dreadful. Otherwise I think your spot on.

I don’t think Fresno is that good
That's fair. I think DeBoer will get everything he can from his offense and in a league like the MW I think they will win 9/10 games. If you'd like we can put something down on our (meaningless) opinions on Fresno

That's fair. I think DeBoer will get everything he can from his offense and in a league like the MW I think they will win 9/10 games. If you'd like we can put something down on our (meaningless) opinions on Fresno
I just think they are an average team that played well against a possibly overrated Oregon. Thibideaux had a sack and a forced fumble in a quarter. If he isn’t hurt they lose by 21

Few things since it’s late…
1. If you have a lot of hard surface floors buy a Bissell Crosswave (infomercial near FS1 and CBSsports channels on directv)
2. Need some AggieVision
3. Do you call him Daw-Bo or Dab-O?

Top Bottom