Week 1 Other Games Thread

Phenomenal games: LSU-UCLA last night; Notre Dame-Fla State tonight. fantastic crowds delirious to have college football back, too.
Louisville Ole Miss seems comparatively a let down.

The Week 1 Sunday/Monday night games are supposed to be "replacements" for not having NFL night games the first week.

Only a sophomore and Badger offensive scheme is pretty QB-friendly.
Yeah, when you only need to hand the ball off or do short passes off play-action.

When they actually need the QB to make hard throws .... yikes.

What was the famous quote???

Whatever that was that came out of BK's mouth ... was unfortunate.

A reporter asked old Tampa Bay coach John McKay "what do you think of your team's execution"

"Well, I'm in favor of it"

One of the great one-liners of all time, especially given how horrible the Bucs of that era were. Kelly just butchered the joke, which requires two people for it to be at all funny.

Four targeting calls already in tonight’s game. At least 2 of them were not as bad as the one Thursday night.

Four targeting calls already in tonight’s game. At least 2 of them were not as bad as the one Thursday night.
Wow, I just tuned in to see the one on the punt return -- where any one them found on review or all called in play

There’s like 100 people at this game.
Why are they playing in Atlanta?

Marketing. TV.

It's a "replacement" for having no Monday Night NFL game.

Didn't tune in for a single second.

Rough first week for the ACC.

Marketing. TV.

It's a "replacement" for having no Monday Night NFL game.

Didn't tune in for a single second.

Rough first week for the ACC.
It was a fun game -- if only to watch Corral sling the ball around in Kiffin's system.

There’s like 100 people at this game.
Why are they playing in Atlanta?
"Kickoff game" after everyone has played ... with two teams I don't care about... neutral site ... and a mismatch.

Dumb all around.

These early season neutral site games need to be outlawed. Neutral sites are for playoffs and bowls. Big time matchups deserve to be played in front of home fans.

I didn't watch a second but am I understanding Louisville and Mississippi played in Atlanta?? What a joke.

The two best games of the weekend were LSU-UCLA and Notre Dame-Florida State. Home stadiums.

Sorry to bump a week 1 thread, but I just have to humble brag that I've attended multiple games there and it really is an unreal atmosphere -- particularly for that entrance. As the tweet implies, things like this are what CFB is all about.

Top Bottom