Wake Forest to display emblems, ‘Black Lives Matter’ on helmets this season

I also don't believe this is only happening to black people. I noticed four officers were fired in the last day or two in Houston for the Nicolas Chavez incident. I'm pretty sure he wasn't black.

Exactly, the police are a problem for everyone. The police are next to my house every day and I know for sure they are the biggest threat to my safety. I have had multiple cops in my yard with guns out and they didn't even have the common courtesy to say why they were there. Thank God I was in the house or I could have been dead. I avoid police like the plague....

My mom told me something years ago, she went to MPLS North High school in the 60's, she said all the biggest fighters she went to high school with became cops. That tells you something right there.

Terrible accident. Apples to watermelon.

Apples to watermelon except the motivation was the same. In each instance, the cops involved felt threatened for whatever reason -- unless you can prove me wrong where the motivation was truly to eliminate a black individual. I just haven't seen that in any of these cases. The threat may have been real or perceived but that's my point. You will never be able to train/fire/redirect funds/or remedy in some other way to zero instances. That's not me trying to absolve bad cops in any way.

Apples to watermelon except the motivation was the same. In each instance, the cops involved felt threatened for whatever reason -- unless you can prove me wrong where the motivation was truly to eliminate a black individual. I just haven't seen that in any of these cases. The threat may have been real or perceived but that's my point. You will never be able to train/fire/redirect funds/or remedy in some other way to zero instances. That's not me trying to absolve bad cops in any way.
The cop that murder George Floyd felt threatened?

Exactly, the police are a problem for everyone. The police are next to my house every day and I know for sure they are the biggest threat to my safety. I have had multiple cops in my yard with guns out and they didn't even have the common courtesy to say why they were there. Thank God I was in the house or I could have been dead. I avoid police like the plague....

My mom told me something years ago, she went to MPLS North High school in the 60's, she said all the biggest fighters she went to high school with became cops. That tells you something right there.

No doubt there are cops that get off from being cops and should be removed when abusing their power. I don't disagree with you on that point. But I give them more credit than you do for doing a very difficult, often times (particularly now) thankless job.

1599882370037.gif

Last edited:

118688767_643895546235603_3731208622453824024_o.jpg

You are correct on that one. The George Floyd incident is the outlier in my mind. Nobody defended the cops in that situation.
Well, some people would say that one is too many. That it highlights excessive use of force as a pervasive problem handed down generation to generation in police.

But even then, the overall idea is that cops (and general people for that matter) are afraid of black, and to a lesser extent hispanic, men, unjustifiably. And hence, if the circumstances were exactly the same, except that George Floyd had been white, he would be alive today.

N

No generalization there. Someone said, so must be true.

Wife still not doing well. Can't do much of anything right now. Thanks for being a prick as usual. Two houses on my block just recently sold though.
Didn't know anything about your wife. Sorry to hear that, and apologies if you took any offense towards that end. Of course, none meant.

Lots of houses up for sale here in south, as well.

Didn't know anything about your wife. Sorry to hear that, and apologies if you took any offense towards that end. Of course, none meant.

Lots of houses up for sale here in south, as well.
Fair enough. Thank you.

FWIW, you're hardly the only household living Mpls that is afraid of what might happen if the MPD (funding) is significantly altered.

I say those fears are unfounded and borderline absurd, for now. That is all.

Wow! Admittedly a long time ago in the 1970's, but I remember going to Camp Lejeune in North Carolina on a bus and seeing two billboards that stated, "This Is Ku Klux Clan Country!" The last one was within 10 miles of the base.

Good luck to them. Unfortunately, the rioting has ceded the moral high ground that the video of Floyd's murder created. Now, people have latched onto "marxist" as a way of minimizing or avoiding the racial issues those black football players have and are facing. Let's them crawl out into the sunlight again as a previous post shows.
It would be great if they would disavow the organization called Black Lives Matter, which doesn't care about all Black lives and supports Marxist economics and totalitarian behavior. Instead, support the truth that justice matters and the Constitution as our rule of law matters. All fans can support true justice as it relates to the US Constitution. No right minded human can support a marxist organization that wants the downfall of the United States as its end game.

"which doesn't care about all Black lives and supports Marxist economics and totalitarian behavior."

:rolleyes:

Good parrot. Keep parroting what you're told to say, without having an ounce of a clue what you're talking about.

a little off-topic here - but it seems to me a big issue with the policing front is that tasers either don't work or cops don't like using them because they're not always effective.

The way it goes now, if the taser doesn't work, then the guns come out.

What we really need is a better, more effective way to subdue people in a non-lethal manner. I think - I hope - that if cops had something like that, they would be far less likely to use lethal force. that would be a big help with people who are high, mentally ill, or whatever.

I'm not kidding when I say this - what we need are "phasers on stun" from Star Trek. There are a lot of really smart people out there. Hopefully someone is looking into this and can come up with a better way to restrain or control people without blasting metal projectiles into their bodies.

a little off-topic here - but it seems to me a big issue with the policing front is that tasers either don't work or cops don't like using them because they're not always effective.

The way it goes now, if the taser doesn't work, then the guns come out.

What we really need is a better, more effective way to subdue people in a non-lethal manner. I think - I hope - that if cops had something like that, they would be far less likely to use lethal force. that would be a big help with people who are high, mentally ill, or whatever.

I'm not kidding when I say this - what we need are "phasers on stun" from Star Trek. There are a lot of really smart people out there. Hopefully someone is looking into this and can come up with a better way to restrain or control people without blasting metal projectiles into their bodies.
Was thinking something similar myself.

There is no option between a taser and a deadly gun. With a gun, unless you do a perfect one in a million shot (think Forrest Gump's "buttocks"), you're going to do significant, likely life-long damage to someone's body.

The officer who shot Blake wasn't trying to kill him ... he only paralyzed him for life.

And yet, they tased him twice, and apparently to no effect.

There absolutely needs to be some other technology. There needs to be a way to inflict so much pain, that the body literally shuts down, no matter if the person is on drugs, yet the effect is completely temporary.

I think the problem that I'm having with this movement is I still don't see how any of this actually leads to any material change for the people this is intended to support. Does the wave of "cancel culture", rioting/looting/destruction of our cities, and shouting down of Americans not on board with the BLM supporters accomplish anything but divide us further? Why not invest all this energy into things that would actually help the black community in areas where it is struggling?

Furthermore, it seems like it is impossible to get anybody to agree with the extent of the problem. If this is truly about cops killing black people, do we really have evidence to support this narrative? The last number I saw was 14 unarmed blacks (13 of which were resisting arrest) in 2019. Although we would all rather see this number at zero, that would be virtually impossible given the hundreds of millions of police interactions in a calendar year. Does this really not happen proportionately to other races? In any of the high profile cases we have all observed in the last few months, was there any indication that these were racially motivated?

It's bringing awareness. There is still a solid portion of the country (the righties....as evidenced by this forum) who refuse to acknowledge that there is a problem. They make excuses or deflect. Less destructive measures have been attempted (kneeling during the anthem). Those are shot down by the right as unamerican.

The fact is....the right is going to call down any and every movement. The old white man party is happy with the status quo....and everyone else should be too.

Would u care if it said unborn lives matter?
Should I care? A private school in a state I have never been to with players who I have never met, playing for a team I have literally never watched play football. If we are allowing additional emblems on helmets I'd be fine with whatever a team agrees to. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer teams not put overtly political messaging on uniforms as there are seemingly better ways to get a message out and more likely to alienate people than bring people together around a team.

Also for the record, i don't care what some random person in Winston-Salem NC has for a bumper sticker on their car either.

^^^ nailed. it.

And I loved The Wire. One of the best shows every made.

Drugs, and the war on them, is nearly entirely reason for black poverty and (gang) crime/violence.

Let's face it; the REAL big issue behind all of this is that some people just refuse to respect law enforcement and apparently have been taught an entirely different line of thinking when it comes to how to act when in a situation to interact with law enforcement. It boggles the mind.

The "awareness" movement needs to be making people more aware how to conduct themselves when faced with law enforcement. Mouthing off, running, physically assaulting cops, resisting arrest, reaching for weapons... what f'ng idiot on the planet thinks any of these things is going to result in things going well for them? Are you kidding me?

Who in the world would have ever thought that "compliance" could ever be so damn complicated?

some people just refuse to respect law enforcement and apparently have been taught an entirely different line of thinking when it comes to how to act when in a situation to interact with law enforcement. It boggles the mind.

Because you're white. Duh.

That means police treat you with respect, don't approach you with the attitude that you could kill them at any moment.

The opposite happens for black people. You'll never get it.

Top Bottom