Wake Forest to display emblems, ‘Black Lives Matter’ on helmets this season

I took this as booing the opposing team as they were running on to the field, havent been to a football game since last year but pretty sure that happens at most games. Im sure there were more than a handful of people booing extra loud since Houston was not out there for the national anthem to however. Seemed to me that he booing just bleed into the line of unity or whatever it was since they ran straight there from the tunnel. Read into it what you will though.

As for the topic of this thread (which to me seems like a week troll attempt), couldn't care less what Wake Forest does or doesn't have on their helmets.

Would u care if it said unborn lives matter?

How gullible do have to be to support BLM? I mean, unless you are a Marxist/Communist and want to take down the American system. That being said, I would have no problem with the concept or logo of "End Racism" rather than BLM.

"I don't want to be killed by cops."

"You want to take down the American system."

Wut?

The thing is - some people hear "Black Lives Matter" and they associate that primarily with black people dying at the hands of police. they see it as a movement - not as an organization.

The notion that police shouldn't be killing black people without a really good reason is not "Marxist."

I would say it's humanist.

I don't claim to know much about "Black Lives Matter" as an organization. And I bet a lot of people don't know much about the actual organization.

I see it more as a movement or a philosophy.

If you had stopped any of the George Floyd protesters and asked them if they support a Marxist organization, I suspect most of them would have said "what the f*ck are you talking about? I'm here because the cops killed another black guy."

I'll bet you have a lot of black friends.
The black friends I have aren’t fooled by the scam that is the BLM organization.

The only black lives that matter to BLM are the ones that can be used to push a political agenda. The multiple black lives that are being lost weekly in a city like Chicago BLM remains silent. Why? Doesn’t fit their agenda.

The black friends I have aren’t fooled by the scam that is the BLM organization.

The only black lives that matter to BLM are the ones that can be used to push a political agenda. The multiple black lives that are being lost weekly in a city like Chicago BLM remains silent. Why? Doesn’t fit their agenda.

If you say so.

The thing is - some people hear "Black Lives Matter" and they associate that primarily with black people dying at the hands of police. they see it as a movement - not as an organization.

The notion that police shouldn't be killing black people without a really good reason is not "Marxist."

I don't claim to know much about "Black Lives Matter" as an organization. And I bet a lot of people don't know much about the actual organization.

If you had stopped any of the George Floyd protesters and asked them if they support a Marxist organization, I suspect most of them would have said "what the f*ck are you talking about? I'm here because the cops killed another black guy."
All of this. The vast majority of the people supporting this don't know or care that the founders were "Marxists", or even know who they are. Maybe they should, but they don't. They are not supporting the founders political beliefs, they are supporting the idea behind the statement and nothing more. Shutting them down by screaming "Marxist!" at them is disingenuous and accomplishes nothing.

"I don't want to be killed by cops."

"You want to take down the American system."

Wut?
Black men seldomly, almost hardly ever are killed by cops. Yes, it does happen, I wish it didn't!

BLM is not a movement, it is an organization founded by self professing Marxists. See community organizer.....

Let's treat each other with kindness and respect as a starter and see where life takes us.

Wasn’t the entire point of sitting:kneeling to draw a reaction? Why do it if it isn’t controversial of offensive? Similar to closing freeways. The key to people’s hearts and minds is insulting their personal belief system, and restricting their movement and commerce.

Wut? What did I do?

That, and the organization per se *are* actually marxists or similar ideologies. They’ll even tell you.
They predict that technology will evolve to the point where all people equally own the means of production, thus rendering states and classes obsolete?

Uh huh. :rolleyes:

This basically boils it down. Some people see advocates for the voiceless, others see people with much more money and power than they have complaining about how bad they have it. Either can be seen as a fair perspective.
Not how bad they have it.

A rich person isn't allowed to raise awareness for poverty, because they themselves aren't poor?

How gullible do have to be to support BLM? I mean, unless you are a Marxist/Communist and want to take down the American system. That being said, I would have no problem with the concept or logo of "End Racism" rather than BLM.
So that's your/hard RW'ers play, huh? That's your flying V counter?

Try to distract/deny BLM by pretending they're advocating for Marxism?

Seems like a pretty damn weak play, especially when you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Bingo.

The "Marxist" thing is 100% a farce, conjured up to try to distract from the actual mission of ending police brutality against blacks. It's just pathetic.

Black men seldomly, almost hardly ever are killed by cops. Yes, it does happen, I wish it didn't!

BLM is not a movement, it is an organization founded by self professing Marxists. See community organizer.....

Let's treat each other with kindness and respect as a starter and see where life takes us.
"Yes, I agree with you that black men shouldn't be killed by police"

"... you do know that guy you just agreed with supports Marxism, don't you?"

"WHAT??! The hell with that! I disavow everything they said! Doesn't matter how common sense, good, and completely independent of Marxism their ideas are!!!"

:rolleyes:

Is "see community organizer" supposed to mean something?

Someone's unrelated political background is not relevant as far as I'm concerned...

Kindness and respect is not telling people concerned about being killed that it's "hardly ever happens"...and dismissing everything else because someone somewhere related to a movement... you don't like them.

Is "see community organizer" supposed to mean something?

Someone's unrelated political background is not relevant as far as I'm concerned...

Kindness and respect is not telling people concerned about being killed that it's "hardly ever happens"...and dismissing everything else because someone somewhere related to a movement... you don't like them.
Nope! He's a Marxist, thus he hates America, thus everything he says is false, thus it is good that black men get killed by police!

I'm not much for celebrating/promoting far left violent marxist groups; however if this is what takes for the Big10 to play I'm all for it.
Keep Karl’s name out of your dumb mouth. You don’t know a thing about Marxism.

I think the problem that I'm having with this movement is I still don't see how any of this actually leads to any material change for the people this is intended to support. Does the wave of "cancel culture", rioting/looting/destruction of our cities, and shouting down of Americans not on board with the BLM supporters accomplish anything but divide us further? Why not invest all this energy into things that would actually help the black community in areas where it is struggling?

Furthermore, it seems like it is impossible to get anybody to agree with the extent of the problem. If this is truly about cops killing black people, do we really have evidence to support this narrative? The last number I saw was 14 unarmed blacks (13 of which were resisting arrest) in 2019. Although we would all rather see this number at zero, that would be virtually impossible given the hundreds of millions of police interactions in a calendar year. Does this really not happen proportionately to other races? In any of the high profile cases we have all observed in the last few months, was there any indication that these were racially motivated?

I think the problem that I'm having with this movement is I still don't see how any of this actually leads to any material change for the people this is intended to support. Does the wave of "cancel culture", rioting/looting/destruction of our cities, and shouting down of Americans not on board with the BLM supporters accomplish anything but divide us further? Why not invest all this energy into things that would actually help the black community in areas where it is struggling?

Furthermore, it seems like it is impossible to get anybody to agree with the extent of the problem. If this is truly about cops killing black people, do we really have evidence to support this narrative? The last number I saw was 14 unarmed blacks (13 of which were resisting arrest) in 2019. Although we would all rather see this number at zero, that would be virtually impossible given the hundreds of millions of police interactions in a calendar year. Does this really not happen proportionately to other races? In any of the high profile cases we have all observed in the last few months, was there any indication that these were racially motivated?
You haven't seen all those videos of Asian men being killed by police??

You haven't seen all those videos of Asian men being killed by police??

Is it possible, however remote, that the number of police interactions with Asian men is smaller than the number of interactions with black men and by definition leads to a smaller number of these types of interactions? Is is also possible, however remote, that the number of crimes committed by black men exceeds that committed by Asian men and leads to a higher proportion of high leverage interactions? Is it also possible, however remote, that a big part of this might be related to areas that have a much higher proportion of low-income, low educated individuals and this might be as much a social/education/poverty issue than a skin color issue?

Is it possible, however remote, that the number of police interactions with Asian men is smaller than the number of interactions with black men and by definition leads to a smaller number of these types of interactions? Is is also possible, however remote, that the number of crimes committed by black men exceeds that committed by Asian men and leads to a higher proportion of high leverage interactions? Is it also possible, however remote, that a big part of this might be related to areas that have a much higher proportion of low-income, low educated individuals and this might be as much a social/education/poverty issue than a skin color issue?
Why do police falsely and unlawfully engage in excessive interactions with black men?

Why do police falsely and unlawfully engage in excessive interactions with black men?

Is that really the case? Do we have statistics available that allow for these interactions to be normalized by criminal activity, gang activity, drug activity, etc. I don't think there is any argument that the types of activities that lead to police interactions are committed at a higher proportion by black men? Would you disagree?

I'm not against racial equality by the way. I just can't get myself to the place where I believe in "systemic racism" across our police forces based on the handful of cases we see in the news every year.

Is that really the case? Do we have statistics available that allow for these interactions to be normalized by criminal activity, gang activity, drug activity, etc. I don't think there is any argument that the types of activities that lead to police interactions are committed at a higher proportion by black men? Would you disagree?

I'm not against racial equality by the way. I just can't get myself to the place where I believe in "systemic racism" across our police forces based on the handful of cases we see in the news every year.
If there weren’t, then black men wouldn’t be killed by police.

Unless they’re actively trying to kill you, there is never justification for killing someone you’ve stopped.

If there weren’t, then black men wouldn’t be killed by police.

Unless they’re actively trying to kill you, there is never justification for killing someone you’ve stopped.

I don't disagree with you in theory. But I'm also realistic enough to believe that no matter how hard we try to get this number to zero, it will never happen. Split second decisions will still be made either justified or not. But that is still a huge gap for me between a handful of isolated incidents a year and "systemic racism", leading to the destruction of neighborhoods.

I also don't believe this is only happening to black people. I noticed four officers were fired in the last day or two in Houston for the Nicolas Chavez incident. I'm pretty sure he wasn't black.

Lol, why is it every time I see the cops with someone pulled over in my mostly white neighborhood it seems like they are black. Just bad luck I guess....

Lol, why is it every time I see the cops with someone pulled over in my mostly white neighborhood it seems like they are black. Just bad luck I guess....

Anecdotal evidence at best, Wally, to support your belief. I'm actually asking real questions here because I think it would be informative to see real data, not biased conjecture.

I don't disagree with you in theory. But I'm also realistic enough to believe that no matter how hard we try to get this number to zero, it will never happen. Split second decisions will still be made either justified or not. But that is still a huge gap for me between a handful of isolated incidents a year and "systemic racism", leading to the destruction of neighborhoods.

I also don't believe this is only happening to black people. I noticed four officers were fired in the last day or two in Houston for the Nicolas Chavez incident. I'm pretty sure he wasn't black.
The point is, if he had been Nicolas Wilson, he’d be alive today.

Top Bottom