USA Today: Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh discusses coronavirus in interview, shifts conversation to abortion

Like it or not the Supreme Court ruled that is a woman's right to have an abortion. It is the law of the land.
Those tearing limb from limb procedures are medical necessities not convenience . And that is a fact.
In any event when life begins is an opinion and not a fact and no one particularly men have any right to say their opinion is the only valid one.
This is all becoming moot because the oral abortiofacients are cheap, nearly 100 % effective in the first few months and are taken at home.
And my mind has not been programmed by the media to call the anti choice zealots patriarchal misogynists because the most rabid are men, anti science and very "religious". My opinion was formed by observation and experience.
But my basic point is this issue does not belong on this board. It is fought out in the courts and at the ballot box.

Llife begins is at conception. It's simple science. You aren't killing a rabbit, dog, or carrot.

You are killing a human being.

Also, If I climb a tree and break an eagles eggs, I can be prosecuted. Imagine that! I can be prosecuted for aborting a birds mass of nothingness, yet it's no problem to abort a woman's mass of nothingness.

Hey, it's the law both ways! The supreme court says so. LOL

Keep being programmed! By the way, the reason I say programmed, is I have a cousin who does not believe in God, yet believes abortion is murder. There are millions of people who think that way, but the programming says it's bible thumpers. Bible thumpers is a form of programming .

Last edited:

giphy.gif

I shouldn't do this but I'm in a bad mood.

I would be fine with outlawing abortion with one condition.

that the entire cost of raising the non-aborted baby from birth to adulthood be covered by donations from the pro-life community. You want to force that woman to give birth to that baby, then you pay for it.

Or, if the woman puts the child up for adoption, that the pro-life community guarantees the child will be adopted and the woman is reimbursed for all expenses related to the pregnancy and delivery.

it's easy to support a position in abstract when you don't have to deal with any of the consequences.
They are not pro-life, they are pro-birth. No support or funding for improved prenatal care and absolutely no consideration for the life of the child after it is born.

So, parents should be able to eliminate inconvenient and expensive kids at any point, then? Stirring the pot.

Humans are considered legally dead when cardiopulmonary or brain activity is absent and improvement is not expected. Pretty tricky to justify fetal abortion after onset of brain activity, cardiac activity. The caveat to that is gestational age and stage of cerebral development - I suppose arguments can be made a fetus is not yet a sovereign person until later stages of cerebral development, awareness, etc. Stir, stir.

I shouldn't do this but I'm in a bad mood.

I would be fine with outlawing abortion with one condition.

that the entire cost of raising the non-aborted baby from birth to adulthood be covered by donations from the pro-life community. You want to force that woman to give birth to that baby, then you pay for it.

Or, if the woman puts the child up for adoption, that the pro-life community guarantees the child will be adopted and the woman is reimbursed for all expenses related to the pregnancy and delivery.

it's easy to support a position in abstract when you don't have to deal with any of the consequences.
Way off-topic, but I go this way: Pay people if they want to voluntarily sterilize themselves. $25k to anyone who wants to voluntarily sterilize themselves.

A human life projected in $$$

How much money was your life worth, sir?

Also, my tax dollars go to fund abortion, and you are fine with that, making your whole argument a laughing stock.

But seriously, how much was your life worth?

And seriously, how dumb to you have to be in this day and age to get pregnant if you don't want too? Seriously, how dumb do you have to be? Lets spend some of your money educating those idiots who get pregnant when they don't want it, and then they won't have to use my money for the abortion.
I remember the good old days of coat hanger abortions. Your taxes were not needed.Fond memories for you, huh?

So, parents should be able to eliminate inconvenient and expensive kids at any point, then? Stirring the pot.

Humans are considered legally dead when cardiopulmonary or brain activity is absent and improvement is not expected. Pretty tricky to justify fetal abortion after onset of brain activity, cardiac activity. The caveat to that is gestational age and stage of cerebral development - I suppose arguments can be made a fetus is not yet a sovereign person until later stages of cerebral development, awareness, etc. Stir, stir.

I've never understood why you can't eliminate the child at 6 months out of the womb. It's crying constantly, wakes you up at night, and it still costs money to the poor people. Why the hell can't you eliminate the child then. It's just as dependent on you now as it was in the womb.

Cheers to Harbaugh. It's a much better world when we actually have free speech, when people can express ideas without getting blasted for them. You don't have to listen to them, you certainly don't have to agree with them, but telling them they can't speak is in my opinion wrong.

I remember the good old days of coat hanger abortions. Your taxes were not needed.Fond memories for you, huh?

How dumb to you have to be to stick a coat hanger inside yourself? Seriously, how dumb?

JH is 100% correct in my world! We are worried about 20,000 - 40,000 people dying form the Wuhan flu yet it's just fine to kill a fetus? The dictatorship in China says one child only and the others will be killed....

What a world we live in, we all struggle with right and wrong and we all have a sliding scale when it comes to morality. I learned along time ago that I am set in my ways, and you probably are too. So rather than argue morality, lets bicker about how involved our tight ends should be under a new OC
Hope all of you are happy, healthy, wealthy and getting wiser.

Much respect gained for Harbaugh. He knows full well the risk he is taking by speaking on this subject and he said it anyway. More should follow his example and speak up. Mob mentality is ruining civil discourse in this country.

An abortion is what it is you can’t run and hide from it..

That's amazing to me because tearing a babies arms, legs, and head off seems like death to me.

Maybe I'm thinking too scientifically on that.
I'm not attacking or defending the argument. Decker was mis-representing the statements made on the site he sourced. It's sloppy citing, he should add his opinions to the material not put words in their mouth.

Lets spend some of your money educating those idiots who get pregnant when they don't want it, and then they won't have to use my money for the abortion.
There are few people who are pro-choice that aren't also in favor of increased funding and emphasis on sex education.

They are not pro-life, they are pro-birth. No support or funding for improved prenatal care and absolutely no consideration for the life of the child after it is born.
You are so wrong and so ignorant it is laughable. I and many like me (the pro-lifers) volunteer at a home for single mothers, donate money to them, and I have adopted two children who were “unwanted”. Our small church (under 100 in attendance) has adopted 15 children. All families that already had birth children. Our former church (larger one) started a ministry to assist parents in adopting inner-city children and has financed hundreds of such adoptions. My friend (one of those evil corporate executives who happens to be another awful pro-life Christian), created a foundation to help families adopt, and bought a farm with therapy horses to help those kids. We volunteer there as well. Please keep your completely incorrect “sound bite” comments to yourself.

Last edited:

Another off topic subject on the football board. I wish somehow we could direct all the off topics to the off topic board. It's gotten pretty ridiculous over here.
Can I post about police brutality on the football board?

Llife begins is at conception. It's simple science. You aren't killing a rabbit, dog, or carrot.

You are killing a human being.

Also, If I climb a tree and break an eagles eggs, I can be prosecuted. Imagine that! I can be prosecuted for aborting a birds mass of nothingness, yet it's no problem to abort a woman's mass of nothingness.

Hey, it's the law both ways! The supreme court says so. LOL

Keep being programmed! By the way, the reason I say programmed, is I have a cousin who does not believe in God, yet believes abortion is murder. There are millions of people who think that way, but the programming says it's bible thumpers. Bible thumpers is a form of programming .

God isn't real

Much respect gained for Harbaugh. He knows full well the risk he is taking by speaking on this subject and he said it anyway. More should follow his example and speak up. Mob mentality is ruining civil discourse in this country.

So if someone spoke out and said that abortions should be legal countey wide, would you say the same thing?

Cheers to Harbaugh. It's a much better world when we actually have free speech, when people can express ideas without getting blasted for them. You don't have to listen to them, you certainly don't have to agree with them, but telling them they can't speak is in my opinion wrong.

I'm tolerant of anyones views as long as they are the same as mine.

I'm all for protecting the sanctity of life for the most part especially when it comes to late term abortion. That said, Jimmy obviously took too many blows to the head in his playing days!

What consequences do you think Jim might face?

Top Bottom