University of Texas head men's basketball coach Chris Beard was arrested and charged with assault on a family member.

Yikes. He's intense on the sideline but didn't see this coming.

I wonder what Built thinks about this? IIRC Beard's ability to walk on water was exceeded only by Tony Bennett.

I wonder what Built thinks about this? IIRC Beard's ability to walk on water was exceeded only by Tony Bennett.
Being a great coach and a terrible person are not mutually exclusive apparently. Will need more details in the days to come, but not looking great at this time for Beardo. Coyle really dodged a bullet with this one! : )

What I think is putting on the brakes until we have the full story. If he is guilty then my opinion changes of him. LOVED HIM AS A COACH. Bennett I know. Ethics not questioned there.

What if he strangled his daughters punk ass boyfriend?

Totally just made that up

It's basketball though. I'm not sure they'll perform quite the same level of ethical gymnastics they would for the football coach.
I’m not sure who the alleged victim is in the case, but domestic violence is one thing that’s pretty hard to recover from in any kind of professional sense. Unless this is completely out of left field, hard to believe he can come back from this.

What if he strangled his daughters punk ass boyfriend?

Totally just made that up
Not sure it matters who, but that could create some mitigating ambiguity.

The guy is super intense and intensely doesn’t mean violence but they’re in the same direction on emotional scale. I keep thinking that it’s got to be very hard to turn that off when leaving the office. Ergo, higher risk of something like this happening.

Possibly a nice career now over. He isn’t Norman Dale.
Side note: Finally had my kids (10, 8 , and 6) watch Hoosiers last week.

On Saturday, at her basketball clinic, while the director was teaching all 50 kids a defensive activity, my 6 year old raises her hand, then randomly asks, " We have to pass the ball four times before we shoot, right?" Melted my basketball heart

BB game tonight. Wonder if he'll be coaching.

Full Police Report is released.

He will be fired the moment all the proper contract termination procedure allow.

His worry should be legit jail time.
Sounds like she was the aggressor. He says he has audio proving this.

She admitted she was angry and confronted him...and that she broke his glasses first. He continued to stay in bed...and she went back into the bedroom again...and he threw her out of the bed. This according to her.

Top Bottom