Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, he's not. No player that's rated a 5 star recruit and ranked #5 by rivals is going to be worried about a 3 star recruit who isn't in the top 150 regardless if they play the same position or not.

I never said that he would be, just that he probably wanted to make it clear that he wasn't. Hence the reason why he brushed off the suggestion that he wasn't considering Minnesota now that Mason is on board.

I never said that he would be, just that he probably wanted to make it clear that he wasn't. Hence the reason why he brushed off the suggestion that he wasn't considering Minnesota now that Mason is on board.

You're thinking too hard.

But, but, he just said he is still considering us. :rolleyes:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Source close to Tyus Jones says he is down to Duke & Kansas. The family plans to meet tomorrow night & have a decision by the weekend.</p>— ScoutsFocus (@scoutsfocus) <a href="https://twitter.com/scoutsfocus/statuses/395266733973327872">October 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sources tell us that Kansas leads in the Tyus Jones/Okafor recruitment even after the Duke visit this weekend.</p>— ScoutsFocus (@scoutsfocus) <a href="https://twitter.com/scoutsfocus/statuses/395283870569877504">October 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They need a separate message board for morons who post garbage like this. Several gopher fans I know as well as posters here believe We have a chance with Tyus. Even Tyus said yesterday he is still considering us!

He's said he's going to college with Okafor for over a year now, a 99% chance was put on it last year, a year later now, it still stands at 99%. The decision will happen within the next month.
I mean, I guess I'm sorry I ruined your dream of seeing Tyus don the Maroon and Gold. You...you don't actually think we still have a chance do we?! Just because you are in complete denial doesn't mean we need to revert to childish name calling.
*We happen to be great position with the 2014 class, and I think we ought to be very excited about November 8th!

All I keep thinking is that the Cyclones HAD BETTER recruit Rashad Vaughn or they won't even be able to stay on the floor with KU and the BFF's.

They need a separate message board for morons who post garbage like this. Several gopher fans I know as well as posters here believe We have a chance with Tyus. Even Tyus said yesterday he is still considering us!

Since news has just come that Tyus is down to Duke and Kansas, can I get the apology now? Personal attacks aren't cool on any level, especially when you turn out to be wrong only a day later. I hope all this talk centered around Tyus that has turned Gopher fans against each other can end. We will be fine moving forward and have a great chance at landing one of the big three in a week!

Since news has just come that Tyus is down to Duke and Kansas, can I get the apology now? Personal attacks aren't cool on any level, especially when you turn out to be wrong only a day later. I hope all this talk centered around Tyus that has turned Gopher fans against each other can end. We will be fine moving forward and have a great chance at landing one of the big three in a week!

OK, I'm sorry.

What did I say again?

OK, I'm sorry.

What did I say again?

Unless you happen to be 'the Brain Trust' on here too, you didn't say anything that warrants and apology! If you are indeed 'the Brain Trust', we're cool! I'm just glad this whole Tyus situation (we think) is over so we can focus on Reid and Rashad, 2 extremely talented kids. :D

Are we really going to go ahead and try to insult high school kids because they may not choose the Gophers? Neat.

Wait, calling him nerdy is an insult? Personally, I don't see him as particularly nerdy, but I don't see this as all that insulting. And frankly, I don't see a problem with insulting him if he doesn't choose the Gophers. Because as a great man once warned, it's a slippery slope from muffling the insults against Tyus, and muffling insults against Wisconsin or Iowa fans or players for being troglodytes, and frankly, I don't want to live in a world where I can't insult Wisconsin and Iowa, as teams, as programs, and as states. FIGHT THE POWER.

Wait, calling him nerdy is an insult? Personally, I don't see him as particularly nerdy, but I don't see this as all that insulting. And frankly, I don't see a problem with insulting him if he doesn't choose the Gophers. Because as a great man once warned, it's a slippery slope from muffling the insults against Tyus, and muffling insults against Wisconsin or Iowa fans or players for being troglodytes, and frankly, I don't want to live in a world where I can't insult Wisconsin and Iowa, as teams, as programs, and as states. FIGHT THE POWER.

I tend to think calling someone "nerdy looking" is trying to insult, but I can understand if people don't feel the same way.

And I hope there's a clear line between insulting a 12th grader like Tyus, and insulting those with 3rd grade reading levels like Iowa or Sconnie fans.

per Shooter:

Apple Valley point guard prodigy Tyus Jones is back after making a final recruiting visit last weekend to Duke, where students held up signs during an exhibition victory over Bowie State and chanted their desire that he commit to the Blue Devils. Visiting with Jones was Chicago prep forward Jahlil Okafor. Jones and Okafor plan to commit to the same school.

What minute chance the Gophers have in landing Jones diminished even more when they got a commitment from point guard Nate Mason of Arlington Country Day in Jacksonville, Fla.

Jones will decide among Duke, Kansas, Baylor and Minnesota within the next three weeks.

http://www.twincities.com/timberwol...s-are-timberwolves-playoff-team-flip-saunders

Go Gophers!!

Are we really going to go ahead and try to insult high school kids because they may not choose the Gophers? Neat.

You're sarcasm meter must not be working. I was just making an observation, never said it was a bad thing :) For the record, the way we pimp these kids up, there not just high school kids anymore, normalcy ended for them along time ago

Do you think Tyus is keeping Minnesota in his final choices to help get us more attention nationwide? Perhaps he told Pitino he wasn't coming here but they decided to keep Minnesota in his final 4 so that other recruits hear our name more?

Probably not, but since I believe he is a 0% lock for coming here, it could make sense.

I only speak the Truth since you decided you could speak for all gopher fans " No Gopher fans have believed Tyus had legitimate interest in us for over a year now" that is a moronic post. I never said the Gophs were Tyus top choice so I was not wrong. Further evidence of your need to get help with your reading comp skills.

Once Tyus commits, can we rename this thread the "whining, complaining, insulting and over-analyzing thread"? Seems to me that it could be appropriate. Plus, there's the possible benefit of diverting useless bitterness from the other threads.

Someone posts on an anonymous message board and you are that hurt-claiming a personal attack? Come on dude- I suppose you're being bullied? Again, you're letting a post on Gopher Hole get to you. Lighten up Richard.

Someone posts on an anonymous message board and you are that hurt-claiming a personal attack? Come on dude- I suppose you're being bullied? Again, you're letting a post on Gopher Hole get to you. Lighten up Richard.

You got it doc. :)

Once Tyus commits, can we rename this thread the "whining, complaining, insulting and over-analyzing thread"? Seems to me that it could be appropriate. Plus, there's the possible benefit of diverting useless bitterness from the other threads.

HAHA, +1

Rumor has it If Tyus commits to Duke he will likely have to improve his academics.

Rumor has it If Tyus commits to Duke he will likely have to improve his academics.

Yep, a 3.0 GPA at Apple Valley likely means the jump to rigorous academics at Duke will be a struggle for him. A non-athlete from Apple Valley would need somewhere in the ballpark of a 3.6-3.8 coupled with a good ACT score to get accepted, and be able to manage the workload at Duke effectively.

Yep, a 3.0 GPA at Apple Valley likely means the jump to rigorous academics at Duke will be a struggle for him. A non-athlete from Apple Valley would need somewhere in the ballpark of a 3.6-3.8 coupled with a good ACT score to get accepted, and be able to manage the workload at Duke effectively.

Yeah I'm sure all of the star basketball players at Duke have incredibly difficult majors / courseloads.....

Yeah I'm sure all of the star basketball players at Duke have incredibly difficult majors / courseloads.....

Hey now, I'm sure health promotion and gender studies are very difficult majors.

That's not entirely true. You may need those scores to get in, but you don't need those scores to succeed. You definitely don't.

per Sid:

• Indications are that Apple Valley point guard Tyus Jones, now ranked as the fifth-best high school player in the country in the Class of 2014 by Rivals.com and fourth by ESPN.com, will soon announce he will attend either Kansas or Duke. I am sure it will be Duke.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/229975171.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!
Hahaha I find it funny that even Sid now has given up on Tyus. Even he knows that he's not coming here. I really wish he would of just cut us if there really wasn't a chance...Well whatever, at least we'll hopefully land 1 (or even 2) of the big 3!! :D

If Sid says Duke, that's probably good news for Kansas.

Sid simply can't pass on an opportunity to stick his nose up Coach K's back side.

I don't care that Tyus decided to go elsewhere. It's that he's been claiming a package deal for about a year with a guy who doesn't even know where Minnesota is. If you do that Mr. Jones, then Minnesota is off your list. Might as well make it official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom