Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

On their visit Okafor will realize that KU is everything that Duke Can't be. Tyus, like a lost puppy, will wag his tail and fall in line with the Alpha male, not having the courage, or not knowing that his best destiny lies outside the shadow of his good "friend".

On their visit Okafor will realize that KU is everything that Duke Can't be. Tyus, like a lost puppy, will wag his tail and fall in line with the Alpha male, not having the courage, or not knowing that his best destiny lies outside the shadow of his good "friend".

How do you know Tyus isn't the alpha male?

How do you know Tyus isn't the alpha male?

Interview answers, body language, visit scheduling, common sense, Alpha cutting his home state school. Followers always be following.....Book it.

After reading through the Vaughn thread, I'm just feeling bad for Jones that he'll never experience the Hilton magic.

Interview answers, body language, visit scheduling, common sense, Alpha cutting his home state school. Followers always be following.....Book it.

I just want to make sure that you realize that you're referring to 17 year old kids as alpha & beta males. That's not a thing that normal people do.

per Sid:

• Tyus Jones told a Duke basketball website this week that he and Jahlil Okafor, two of the top high school recruits in the country, don’t pay attention to rumors on where the duo are headed next season. Jones, the Apple Valley point guard, and Okafor, a center from Chicago Whitney Young, have repeatedly said they are being recruited as a package deal.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/227538601.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

I agree. It's one thing to offer other PGs, but to publicly state the someone other than tyus is the priority is almost conceding defeat.
He also has talked about playing two point guards at once and he wasn't hungup on the he's a one or a two or three mindset like many on this board.

I just want to make sure that you realize that you're referring to 17 year old kids as alpha & beta males. That's not a thing that normal people do.

Some people need a crutch, some don't. It's not very hard to identify each. Tyus needs a crutch, and will not go to the ACC, which would be very tough for him. The Big 12, outside Kansas, is a joke. Much easier competition and he will have his crutch.

Some people need a crutch, some don't. It's not very hard to identify each. Tyus needs a crutch, and will not go to the ACC, which would be very tough for him. The Big 12, outside Kansas, is a joke. Much easier competition and he will have his crutch.

Well, we certainly know that you see yourself as an alpha. And it's also pretty easy to identify false alphas too. I've met tons of them, they talk big, but consistently fail to prove themselves as leaders. Big difference.

In no way am I an Alpha. Just call them like I see them. Feel free to disagree.

They might be dating each other

Hahahaha!

Actually though I thought it was said somewhere earlier in the thread that Tyus is with some girl who plays, or will be playing, volleyball at Marquette.

Maybe she dates both of them as a package deal?

Hahahaha!

Actually though I thought it was said somewhere earlier in the thread that Tyus is with some girl who plays, or will be playing, volleyball at Marquette.

Maybe she dates both of them as a package deal?

Bahahaha

will not go to the ACC, which would be very tough for him. The Big 12, outside Kansas, is a joke.

I'm curious what you're basing this opinion on?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaab/sagarin/2013/conference/

According to Sagarin ratings, the Big 12 is the #3 conference in the country, and the ACC is #6. The Big 12 has 5 teams in the top 30, while the ACC has 2. Both have 7 in the top 100, despite the Big 12 having two fewer teams. Sagarin is usually pretty well-respected, but he certainly is no "balds from GopherHole".

According to Sagarin ratings, the Big 12 is the #3 conference in the country, and the ACC is #6. The Big 12 has 5 teams in the top 30, while the ACC has 2. Both have 7 in the top 100, despite the Big 12 having two fewer teams. Sagarin is usually pretty well-respected, but he certainly is no "balds from GopherHole".

Just because they were better last year doesn't mean it's a better conference. Do you really think Iowa State, Oklahoma State, and Kansas State are going to be better than UNC year in and year out?

I'm not really sure this will hold true ever again. The ACC picked up Notre Dame and Syracuse this year, and then next year will add Louisville. The ACC might suck at football, but it is now the elite conference now that the Big East has dissolved.

Who said that?

Do you really think the Big 12 is "a joke" outside of Kansas?

You said "The Big 12 has 5 teams in the top 30, while the ACC has 2." while arguing that Tyus Jones won't face better competition in the ACC. You linked an article which showed Iowa State, OK State, and K State ranked in the top 30 and UNC out of the top 30.

I never said the Big 12 was a joke, but I don't think they'll be better than the ACC while Tyus Jones is playing CBB, like you insinuated in your post.

Man, we desperately need some real recruiting news. Every recruiting thread is veering straight into the weeds as one of my law professors used to say. When is Tyus expected to make his decision again, November? He still has to visit Kansas with Okafor, correct?

No, I didn't.

I never said you did.

No, I didn't.

Fair enough, it just seemed to me that you were arguing that the Big 12 was better than the ACC given the context of your post. I don't want to cloud up this thread with pointless arguments.

Man, we desperately need some real recruiting news. Every recruiting thread is veering straight into the weeds as one of my law professors used to say. When is Tyus expected to make his decision again, November? He still has to visit Kansas with Okafor, correct?

Preach

Nate Mason should be the next PG domino to fall. We are the favorites according to crystal ball but we've seen how wrong that can be. Hopefully he decides soon. He said he's ready to "get it over with".

Tyus has his Kansas visit this weekend and then Duke is the following weekend. Both with Okafor. I think they'll announce sometime in November.

Nate Mason should be the next PG domino to fall. We are the favorites according to crystal ball but we've seen how wrong that can be. Hopefully he decides soon. He said he's ready to "get it over with".

Tyus has his Kansas visit this weekend and then Duke is the following weekend. Both with Okafor. I think they'll announce sometime in November.

Dang, I would LOVE to get Nate Mason. I really like the looks of him.

Tyus Jones Open to Early College Exit

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

"Jones plans to sign with a school in November. An announcement regarding his college choice will come during the first or second week next month, according to his mom."

"Debbie said it’s 'doubtful' her son and Okafor will choose separate schools, and acknowledged the Chicago superstar doesn’t have the Gophers on his final list of possible colleges. 'If they go together to school that unfortunately would eliminate the Gophers,' Debbie said."

Some straight talk from Mrs. Jones. I appreciate that.

You know we have no shot because he will not be using an official on Minnesota despite the fact that he has two extra visits to use.

You know we have no shot because he will not be using an official on Minnesota despite the fact that he has two extra visits to use.

Tyus would be great to get but...it's not going to happen. Actually, the two guys we need much worse are Vaughn and Travis. If we could get both of them we are conference contenders next year. Two guys that can stay home, and play for a contender right away and line up with a first class senior leader like Andre Hollins in a style of play that would be super fun for these guys to play in. The Gophers would own this town- again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom